Author Topic: 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT review  (Read 1750 times)

mitsu_fan

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT review
« on: October 21, 2005, 12:27:36 pm »
Here's a review of the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, the journalist really, really liked the Eclipse. :o :o :o

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/roadtest,view,Mitsubishi.spy?artid=50847

JD

Re: 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT review
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:37 pm »
... the 'journalist' is a part-time writer who has zero credentials... It's like asking your air-headed blonde girlfriend to try the car out... She goes on and on about the stereo and how much attention she gets in it...

Dumb review of a stupid car.  It can't compete with the RSX-S crowd, yet it's not in the 350Z scene, yet they are priced (in v6-trim) like it.

It's sales have already tanked, and it's only been out a little while... ::)

FOr future reference, never post an Alexandra Straub review on a real car forum ever again.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:14:26 pm »
But while the engine's power made me smile from ear to ear, the audio system had me simply giddy with excitement. After all, what's a sports coupe without a killer stereo system? Boring.

Really?

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:21:03 pm »
Mitsubishi should have tried to differentiate itself from the pack with RWD. A missed opportunity to gain exposure.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 04:52:02 pm »
... the 'journalist' is a part-time writer who has zero credentials... It's like asking your air-headed blonde girlfriend to try the car out... She goes on and on about the stereo and how much attention she gets in it...

So you're not allowed to have an opinion on a car unless you're an accredited jouranlist, now?  It's not a great review, but taken as someone's opinion, dismissing it on their credentials (or lack thereof) is foolish...

Dumb review of a stupid car.  It can't compete with the RSX-S crowd, yet it's not in the 350Z scene, yet they are priced (in v6-trim) like it.

That's your opinion - are you an accredited auto journalist?  Because if not, obviously your opinion has no value here.  An Eclipse base model competes with the RSX, and it is up to personal preference which a driver will chose.  That the Eclipse can compete with the RSX and the 350Z on some level is actually quite cool.

It's sales have already tanked, and it's only been out a little while... ::)

Couldn't have anything to do with a very poor dealer network, could it?  The Eclipse will never sell well because finding a Mitsu dealership is still tough...  finding an Acura/Nissan/etc. dealer is easy.

JD

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 06:26:45 pm »
You don't see me pretending to be an auto jounralist, now do you, DemX? 

and if I was, I wouldn't devote half the space in my 'article' (if you can call Straub's writing an article) to talking about my man troubles, or how many children she's babysitting this week.  This girl needs to work in a GAP store, not writing half-baked, useless 'car reviews' (again, if you can call them that).

I'll re-iterate my point - If I care how much attention a blonde gets in a car, or how great the stero plays my current PMS-cycle favourite, I'll read her review... But until then, I'll read a real journalist's review.