Author Topic: Not happy with Honda and the 2006 CR-V  (Read 38529 times)

munk

Re: Not happy with Honda and the 2006 CR-V
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 07:12:19 pm »
he was obviously an idiot

when in doubt check the website or ask if the salesman has been selling Hondas very long!
The salesman wasn't a complete idiot. He/she just failed to write down what was included.
Base SE: $29,300, auto: $1,200, Freight & PDI: $1,455; For a total of $31,955.

Is it just me or is the freight and PDI getting really pricey.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:12:49 pm by munk »

robarakira

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 07:41:27 pm »
Is it me or is the freight and PDI getting really pricey.  >:(

yes.  good thing Honda cars are well priced and worth their value. 

hondasalesguy

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 07:48:57 pm »
Here's a question for all the so - called experts out there...

What does CR-V stand for?

I'll even spot you a hint and doubt anyone will nail it... the middle initial DOES NOT stand for "recreational"

I read this from some very old Honda promotional material from when they first launched the CR-V back in '97

therookie

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 09:01:44 pm »
Comfortable Runabout Vehicle?

hondasalesguy

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 11:04:40 pm »
shite... thought that would stump everybody... most everybody thinks compact recreational vehicle

mdxtasy

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 11:07:41 pm »
You can find ANYTHING on the internet these days.....

And to the Sonata/06 Accord...I also have not seen any 06 Accords, or new Civics on the roads...but I have seen 2 Sonata's around. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:09:47 pm by mdxtasy »

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 11:28:10 pm »
Yeah, I'm seeing more and more new Sonatas in the Halton-Hamilton area -- no new Accords yet and only one new Civic. 

The problem with Honda's pricing strategy is that the consumer is now forced to shell out more money on superflous, primarily cosmetic crap that many practical people don't want or need.  What was it again?  Foglights, off-road brush bar and running boards or something?  Pfff...  Why would that be worth $3k+?!

I wonder how many GM salespeople 20 years ago paid no heed to Toyota and Honda.  Now look at 'em.  Beware Honda... Hyundai's comin'.

DemosthensX, you want a Hyundai that'll compete on par with the '06 Si?  Wait till the new Tiburon comes out.  Mark my words, it'll be a sexy lookin' little beast with a snarling V6, 6 spd transmission and RWD for barely more moolah than an Si.
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

mdxtasy

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 01:55:58 am »
I agree with you jeff....the next generation of Hyundai's are going to be some serious competition to the bread and butter Honda/Toyota brands.  What they've got now is already really good.  Honda/Toyota are going to be moving onto alternative fuels and other leading edge technology....I imagine that might be enough to keep them ahead.  However, I don't know if the Mazda and Nissan brands will be doing enough to stop this Korean wave. 

The next Tib is supposed to be one sexy biatch. 

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 10:01:25 am »
Yeah, I'm seeing more and more new Sonatas in the Halton-Hamilton area -- no new Accords yet and only one new Civic. 

The problem with Honda's pricing strategy is that the consumer is now forced to shell out more money on superflous, primarily cosmetic crap that many practical people don't want or need.  What was it again?  Foglights, off-road brush bar and running boards or something?  Pfff...  Why would that be worth $3k+?!

I wonder how many GM salespeople 20 years ago paid no heed to Toyota and Honda.  Now look at 'em.  Beware Honda... Hyundai's comin'.

DemosthensX, you want a Hyundai that'll compete on par with the '06 Si?  Wait till the new Tiburon comes out.  Mark my words, it'll be a sexy lookin' little beast with a snarling V6, 6 spd transmission and RWD for barely more moolah than an Si.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before bitching at Honda... it also adds alloys... and is only $1,100 more... not $3k. $1,100 is a pretty good deal for foglights and alloys and I'd get the SE package without a doubt as its great value.

What I don't like is the fact that they are not even giving the option of buying the base model as it doesn't exist anymore. If you want to give alloys and foglights in a special edition package, sure that's fine... but either you keep the base model as is, or you offer that special edition package at the same price as the base model. The CR-V is already expensive enough as it is...

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 04:24:45 pm »

Agreed, as I stated before the next gen Tiburon will probably be a class killer. Hunyadi is making all the right moves and the Japanese will have to rethink their strategy….no loner will the perceived quality and reliability demand the price premium from Japan.

hondasalesguy

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 04:38:54 pm »
The reason Honda is doing what it is doing with the CR-V SE is that we are in the final year of the current design. Generally an SE model gives you more toys for next to no more money, as a way of keeping the cars selling when they are not the freshest design on the roads anymore...Last year the Civic LX-G added alloy wheels and a sunroof, as well as roadside assistance, for $600 more than the 2004 car. Nobody complained about the extra features as far as I know...

wrekk

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 04:42:44 pm »
I purchased a previous model accord SE and what I liked about it was that it included most of the options I wanted, but without the leather seats (which in Winnipeg is to me a stupid idea), and alloys have really grown on me, I love the look.  I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for that on the next car I bought, but I do like them.  I find SE's usually come near the end of a model run, and provide good incentives.  Of course I bought the car used, I never buy new anymore...

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 05:05:37 pm »
Last year the Civic LX-G added alloy wheels and a sunroof, as well as roadside assistance, for $600 more than the 2004 car. Nobody complained about the extra features as far as I know...

Yes but the difference here is that the Civic is priced very competitively while the CR-V is probably the most expensive vehicle of its category... increasing prices won't help... When you can get a fully equipped Tucson or Grand Vitara for 6-7000$ less than the CR-V, it starts to get interesting and I'm sure Honda loses many sales because of its high price.

smainville

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 08:26:03 pm »

Agreed, as I stated before the next gen Tiburon will probably be a class killer. Hunyadi is making all the right moves and the Japanese will have to rethink their strategy….no loner will the perceived quality and reliability demand the price premium from Japan.

CRV thread and we're talking Tiburon and Civic, to me Tiburon is not in the same category as a Civic and I can't see it being the coupe version of an Elantra either.  Furthermore I personally believe that Honda doesn't have any interest in this type of car as people don't buy Hondas for that reason.  The day Hyundai sells anything in the volume of a Civic in Canada we'll have lotsa threads to talk about that then(we will be a bit older though and won't give a sh :censor:)

hondasalesguy

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 11:47:40 am »
shnak if you priced out a Toyota RAV4 with similar equipment to the CR-V you would see pricing that is very close. OF COURSE the Hyundai and Suzuki are priced less, the Hyundai has to sell for less to make people consider their vehicle. And the previous generation Vitara was a complete dog and almost caused the CAMI plant in Ingersoll to cease production, they sold so few of those models. They must be happy they are building Equinox (and maybe Torrent, not sure) down there, otherwise they would be in a similar situation to the Ford guys in Oakville being on permanent semi-layoff due to slow Freestar sales. (My day care provider's hubby "works" there, but is off at least 4 months of the year...

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 11:49:47 am »
I know HSG... but the fact remains that the CR-V is one of the most expensive vehicles of its category while the Civic is competitively-priced. So increasing the CR-V selling price won't help making it look better value, no matter what equipment was added.

hondasalesguy

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 11:55:10 am »
in every category Honda's main competition is Toyota. And in most of those we slightly undercut them, in no case are we considerably more. people can go on and on about Hyundai and their pricing, but I am on the floor and I hear what is going on in the industry. Hyundai is not putting a dent in Honda sales so much as it is doing that to American brands. They (the Big 3) keep losing market share, Honda grew by 5 or 6% last year in Canada, in a year where our main volume car (Civic) was on its last legs...

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2005, 11:56:02 am »
I thought the RAV4's base price was like $25k while the CR-V base price is $29k, no?

smainville

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2005, 12:05:51 pm »
$24,735 but doesn't have much...

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 12:35:42 pm »
$24,735 but doesn't have much...

well sure, but it's still the BASE model... Honda needs to lower their base price... not increase it.