Author Topic: Tires for my Pontiac G6 Sedan  (Read 3205 times)

redsun_ty

Tires for my Pontiac G6 Sedan
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:40:01 am »
Hi,

Anyone can recommend winter tires for my 2006 Pontiac G6! P215/60R16 :)

morty

Re: Tires for my Pontiac G6 Sedan
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 03:43:51 am »
Where are you and what kind of driving conditions?

redsun_ty

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 02:30:07 pm »
Where are you and what kind of driving conditions?

I drive mostly highways and a little bit city lots of snow in winter times in toronto.

morty

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:46 pm »
I would recommend going with an H-Rated type winter for your driving. We have a number of customers in TO who go with this option. Gives you better high-speed stability and wear. The sidewall is stiffer and tread is a little firmer. What this means is that you experience less tread squirm during high speed commuting. With the Q and T-rated tires the tread is softer and there is more flex in the contact patch. This flex is what we call tread squirm and can make the car uncomfortable to drive in higher speed situations. They still offer you very good winter performance and it is a nice compromise.

If you ski or head to more rural parts of the province during the winter then you would want to select a Q or T-Rated winter tire.

Great options would be:

Michelin PA2
Pirelli Winter 210
Dunlop Sport M3

redsun_ty

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 04:30:23 pm »
I would recommend going with an H-Rated type winter for your driving. We have a number of customers in TO who go with this option. Gives you better high-speed stability and wear. The sidewall is stiffer and tread is a little firmer. What this means is that you experience less tread squirm during high speed commuting. With the Q and T-rated tires the tread is softer and there is more flex in the contact patch. This flex is what we call tread squirm and can make the car uncomfortable to drive in higher speed situations. They still offer you very good winter performance and it is a nice compromise.

If you ski or head to more rural parts of the province during the winter then you would want to select a Q or T-Rated winter tire.

Great options would be:
what about these Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 Studless Snow and Ice 205/55R16?

Michelin PA2
Pirelli Winter 210
Dunlop Sport M3

morty

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 11:56:03 pm »
I would say the WS50 is too soft and recommend the LM25, but they dont make it in your required 215/60/16. The 205/55/16 is too short for your vehicle and may cause problems with ABS and ground clearance.

redsun_ty

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 12:17:44 pm »
so i probably be better off getting the Dunlop Sport m3 tires than those studeless tires? :)

morty

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 12:48:51 am »
Sport M3 would be a great choice for your conditions and vehicle.