Author Topic: urgent! need price advice for Subaru impreza 2.5i wagon in toronto  (Read 3705 times)

jian

my Camry acted up badly, and I need a car to drive ASAP, so anyone could tell me the best price you got for Subaru impreza 2.5i wagon in toronto area? I live in Scarborough.

my aim is the basic wagon, with manual tranny and nothing else. the dealer offered me based on MSRP + freight ,air, gst&pst is about 287xx CDN$. what price should I got?

drop me afew lines will be very appreciated.

Traum

Re: urgent! need price advice for Subaru impreza 2.5i wagon in toronto
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:04:37 pm »
Seems like a pretty run-of-the-mill type of price. Not getting ripped off, but not getting any deals either.

If he is unwilling to budge on the price, maybe you can try asking for some freebie accessories?

-Rick

jian

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:24:07 pm »
I haven't yet negotiated... it's the MSRP he gave me, and the dealer said that give him an offer when I am ready... I need a car very badly (previous junk camry totally not working ...) so I'd like to know anyone of you has purchased a 06 2.5i wagon, thus I can make my deal with the dealer in terms of a reasonable price, since I am a poor student, and a few hundreds mean a lot to me.

THANK YOU

Offline Craig

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:25:03 pm »
www.apa.ca

Find their number on their site.  Call them, and either join or buy the pricing report.  You'll have your answer on the spot.

Offline makuribu

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 08:30:42 am »
my Camry acted up badly, and I need a car to drive ASAP, so anyone could tell me the best price you got for Subaru impreza 2.5i wagon in toronto area? I live in Scarborough.

my aim is the basic wagon, with manual tranny and nothing else. the dealer offered me based on MSRP + freight ,air, gst&pst is about 287xx CDN$. what price should I got?

drop me afew lines will be very appreciated.

I didn't see this thread til now. Did you buy yet?

It's the entry level Subaru and they sold all their '05 manual wagons by August, so they don't have to give much in the way of deals.
That price should get you the plates, a block heater and the luggage rack cross bars thrown in.
'Cause you can only drive down Main St. so many times

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:21 am »

$287XX is the going rate for the 2.5i…no deal there. This is the best time of year to deal on ’05 Subaru’s…..but I do not think there are any 2.5i’s left. This sounds like pricing for an ’06.

Offline GTI-Gabe

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Golf GTI; 2006 Jetta 2.5L; Mazda 3; BMW 323i; BMW X1 (all standard cars except X1)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 10:13:48 am »
www.apa.ca

www.carcostcanada.com

Spend $40 and you can save alot more than $40 (some dealers even refund this cost if you buy from them)
Viva el coche!

Offline makuribu

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 11:01:29 am »

$287XX is the going rate for the 2.5i…no deal there. This is the best time of year to deal on ’05 Subaru’s…..but I do not think there are any 2.5i’s left. This sounds like pricing for an ’06.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

That was my point. There are no '05s left. They were called RS and were gone in August.

The '06 is called a 2.5i and is $500 more MSRP. Since you're buying at the beginning of the new model year, you aren't going to cut much of a deal on an '06, especially an entry level model that tends to sell out before the model year ends.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:47:40 am »
....since I am a poor student, and a few hundreds mean a lot to me.

Maybe you could look at a used Subie?  That will save you a lot more than a few hundred.

Offline jonl

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 F150 XLT Crew 5.0 V8, 2004 Subaru Impreza TS
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 12:21:02 pm »
In Oct 2003, I paid $28,300 for an '04 Impreza TS wagon.  That price is on the road - taxes, tags, etc, including 4 options - automatic tranny, winter floor mats, cargo cover, block heater.  The '06 is about $500 more, but I believe with alloy wheels and side airbags standard.  Deducting $1000 + tax for the automatic, and adding the $500 increase, I would estimate you should pay about $27,725