Author Topic: 2006 Civic has arrived at dealers!  (Read 36166 times)

Traum

Re: 2006 Civic has arrived at dealers!
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2005, 03:22:41 am »
Anyway i think Honda made a big mistake by launching the Civic with the looks it has now, it should have launched with this design (only for east and south america markets):
Agreed. The larger front head lamps look significantly better than the narrow, squinting version we got stuck with, as does the more interesting looking rear lights. Thank goodness we can still look forward to the Canada-only CSX!

-Rick

Offline GTI-Gabe

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Golf GTI; 2006 Jetta 2.5L; Mazda 3; BMW 323i; BMW X1 (all standard cars except X1)
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2005, 10:16:52 am »
that picture is of the European Civic which will be the Acura CSX (EL)

The civic's headlights are different, as well as the rear lights.
Viva el coche!

therookie

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2005, 01:17:33 pm »
I was in Alliston yesterday visiting my mom, and on my way home I met the new CSX (EL) on the Tottenham Road just south of the Honda plant.  It looked just like the JDM Civic, but with the Acura badges taped over.  Was a ruby redish colour.  So keep your eyes open if travelling in that neck of the woods over the next few weeks.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2005, 02:04:54 pm »
Dunno if its the european version of it.

All I know is that this one is going to be mfgered in South america and Japan, thats what the news was saying...

hndaadct

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2005, 02:13:20 pm »
Just checked out the the civic at the dealership. I have to agree with everyone thats down on the front end. It looks worse in person.  The rest of the car is sweet, especially the side profile. Interior is mint! so much more comfortable than the 05. Better driving position, better side bolster support. Its just sweet! Some salesmen told me the purchase/lease rates were going to be 7.4%! I hope he didn't know what he was talking about.

JLennon

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2005, 03:18:15 pm »
I really hope HSG can say something true about the interest rate....
I heard 6.4...hndaadct says 7.4...

this is driving me nuts.....

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2005, 04:58:42 pm »
Dealer was closed when I got there today but I got to see the car through the window.

MUCH Better than pictures, looks slick.  Love the exterior too.  I think this car will be a huge seller, it's hawt!

honda41

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2005, 06:27:43 pm »
I stopped in to a Honda dealership today and finally saw the 2006 Civic....  I think the sedan and coupe look alright.

But as I took a closer look at the incredibly raked windshield, I noticed right away the windshield wiper area:  the plastic slopes downwards like the windshield, and then the plastic "steps-up" to the height of the hood!   :o
I immediately thought that water and snow would just sit and build up in there.  Although there are two small drain holes for water, at temperatures below 0, those drain holes won't work so much.   :-\

So, for those who have seen the Civic up close, what do you think about that plastic stepped-up/raised windshield wiper area between the windshield and hood?  I never noticed it in any of the photos posted online.

Sitting in the driver's seat, I was able to see the digital spedometer with no problem.
So, the steering wheel does NOT block the view of the spedometer...  I tried adjusting the steering wheel, but the spedometer was always visable.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2005, 06:49:04 pm »
One thing I did notice on the steering wheel of the civic is there is a line around it, like the mold was broken there looks kind of odd.

Also, 2 of the 3 cars I saw where sitting at 1500 rpm shut off ???  Also 1 of them had white lettering on the guages the others were black.

a4_tom

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2005, 10:31:50 pm »
What's the residual value and payments for new Civic?

paulk

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2005, 12:03:52 am »
Update on the Aux Input feature...  I was down at Discovery Honda again on Friday and they had a couple of coupes in (along with the sedans I had seen before).  It turns out that the coupe LX and EX *do* come with an Aux Input jack just below the cigarette lighter.  This isn't in the sedans I saw, not even the EX.  They didn't have a DX-G coupe so I'm not sure if it's available there too. 

Didn't have a chance to test drive the coupe because both hadn't been PDI'ed yet.  One thing I noticed about the manual transmission is that the shifter is a little shorter throw than the old Civics, which is good, but the shift knob has a hard plastic front with a ridge that rests just under your palm, which I really didn't like.  The knob is the first thing I'd replace.

Offline FrostyCarbon

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2005, 06:02:39 pm »
Test drove the '06 Civic and the '06 Accord today.

Civic is not bad, nice interior, rides good.  Flat nose though!  The thing that I really noticed was the wind noise off the front windshield and the mirror area.
Basically listening around the A pillar.  Got up to 110 km/h for a while, and it was kinda getting on my nerves.  Can't imagine a road trip for too long listening to that.  Turned out with the 2 kids in the back it was just a little too tight anyway.  On to the Accord...

Accord was good.  Rode rougher than the Civic to me, but I think the tires were overinflated from shipping.  Not PDI'd yet.  Driving around with all kinds of plastic covering everywhere.  Quite quiet overall, but want to go for an extended highway test drive to verify.

Wife loves it, wanted it right then.  I still need more convincing.  '05 TSX is calling me!! 2.9%.  It's just a LITTLE bit more a month honey!.........   

Interest in Alberta on '06 Accord  4.9%, up to 60 months.  Not too bad...

a4_tom

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2005, 07:29:43 pm »
If I have to choose between an Accord EX-V6 and TSX, I would go for latter for sure. :)

JLennon

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2005, 11:10:57 pm »
I got a price quote from my local dealer today,
the 06 DX-G coupe is 349 in a 48-month lease
the 06 LX Coupe is 390 in a 48-month lease...

Both of them are 7.1% leasing rate....

In my own point of views, the car looks much better in pictures than in real.
The sedan looks very ugly. Impossibly ugly in real life.

The panel looks very "plastic".....again, pictures show much better quality, but it is not when u see it in bare eyes.
the material in the car looks very cheap, especially the fabric for the seats, very old fashioned and it looks like something you would only see in a cheap mini van. the speedo and techno were suppose to look cool, but it's not....again....cheap material...

A car like this deserve its MSRP, but does not deserve a 7.1 leasing rate.

Very Disappointed.

hondasalesguy

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2005, 08:18:15 am »
jlennon- if you hate the car so much why would you bother getting a quote???

funny the 20 or so people who looked at or drove the 2006 Civic at our dealership on Saturday were all very impressed... must be why we took orders for about 5 or 6 of them...

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2005, 08:23:33 am »
I thought it looked better in person ???

a4_tom

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2005, 12:30:17 pm »
Going to test drive an EX on Wednesday, can't wait. ;D ;D

soccernut

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2005, 09:44:18 pm »
hey guys
i was wondering if anyone considered coming to alberta to buy a car ..seeing that you dont have to pay PST around here..i'm not sure if you have to be an alberta resident or not ...i know that i have to pay it if i go to BC ...it might be worth your while and save 1500$...

hondasalesguy

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2005, 09:54:38 pm »
you have to establish permanent residence in Alberta to buy a car there and avoid PST.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2005, 09:55:52 pm »
(Sigh) - Once again, only if the car is registered to an Alberta Resident you do escape the PST. Residents of any other Province will have to pay the PST when they register it in their own province.

Geez.. ???
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White