Author Topic: 2006 Acura EL introduction until November?  (Read 29830 times)

Offline Drivesideways

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-12
    • View Profile
2006 Acura EL introduction until November?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 05:43:19 pm »
Stay tuned for a presentation on Honda's new nomenclature. Watch closely now.....

pill
"PC Load Letter...what the f_ck does that mean?"

a4_tom

Re: 2006 Acura EL introduction until November?
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 10:31:53 pm »
 8)  ;D :P :P

hashole

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 10:33:20 am »
Apparently, the new "EL" will be called the CXS, and will be the European Civic 5dr hatch, which North American Honda will not get...  So the CXS and the new North American Civic will be two completely different cars...

footlong..dont mean to be skeptical but is this based on rumours or you have a source for it? I would LOVE to see the Euro 5door here but have not seen anything to indicate Honda is thinking along these lines. The CSX patent is interesting. But I am anxiously waiting for some news on this. From what i've read their thinking seems to be well all the NA hatch lovers will just have to be content with the Fit, and the EL/CSX will be still be civic sedan based.....absolutely nothing about a civic 5door.

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2007 Toyota Yaris, 2014 Chevrolet Trax, 2008 Buell, 2005 Yamaha V Star
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 11:47:13 am »
Apparently, the new "EL" will be called the CXS, and will be the European Civic 5dr hatch, which North American Honda will not get...  So the CXS and the new North American Civic will be two completely different cars...

footlong..dont mean to be skeptical but is this based on rumours or you have a source for it? I would LOVE to see the Euro 5door here but have not seen anything to indicate Honda is thinking along these lines. The CSX patent is interesting. But I am anxiously waiting for some news on this. From what i've read their thinking seems to be well all the NA hatch lovers will just have to be content with the Fit, and the EL/CSX will be still be civic sedan based.....absolutely nothing about a civic 5door.

I work for Acura...

Offline GTI-Gabe

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Golf GTI; 2006 Jetta 2.5L; Mazda 3; BMW 323i; BMW X1 (all standard cars except X1)
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 05:15:14 pm »

The CSX rumours I've heard make sense, with the new A3, B-Class, etc...

So are these rumours or actual facts? are you even allowed to know/say at Acura?
Viva el coche!

robarakira

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 08:30:46 pm »
So this is it?  Seems un-acura ish (although it is unacurized)

http://www.honda.co.uk/

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:52 pm »
So this is it?  Seems un-acura ish (although it is unacurized)

http://www.honda.co.uk/

Yup, thats supposedly the new CSX...  I've been told the new "EL" is going to have nothing in common with the North American Civic, which it won't because it's going to be the European Civic 5 door, called the CSX...

I've gotten literature on new tire sizes as well as new keys, etc...  So a new "EL" is definently on the way, when, I'm not sure...

kelefe

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 12:05:06 am »
:o Damn... I'd be all over that if they came out with it this fall. Almost makes me want to wait another year to buy a car... Almost... :-\

hashole

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 09:49:13 am »

I work for Acura...

Yep that would be a good source  8) .....i didnt know.....Man this will be sweeeeeet!!!

GP

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 12:29:17 pm »
So I assume it will have the rear torsion beam suspension like the Euro Civc?

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 03:25:55 pm »
So I assume it will have the rear torsion beam suspension like the Euro Civc?

No clue... As soon as I get a new parts catolouge on it I'll let you know...

OWG

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 11:25:33 pm »
I am so looking forward to some kind of "official" word on this. I guess if it is the Euro Civic, my weekly drives past the Alliston plant (with the camera at the ready) aren't going to turn up anything useful.  ;)

canadacraig

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 04:41:51 pm »
Hi Everyone!!  :)

The idea of the next EL/CSX being an Acura-ized Euro Civic would only make sense if it were made IN Canada. [so it would seem to ME] The reason the importation of the Honda Civic Si hatchback was stopped in Canada was because of the unfavourable Canadian Dollar/British Pound exchange rate. If the Euro-Civic was IMPORTED to Canada from Britian - it would be too expensive - stepping on the toes of the TSX. [would that not be true?] That said - as far as I can tell - all Canadian Honda/Acura manufacturing plants already have plenty to do. Not sure how they'd squeeze in the new Euro-styled Civic. It would make more sense to merely slap on a new front and rear end on the 2006 Civics and call THAT the new EL/CSX. [just as they have been doing all along] I also think that of all the British car magazines and websites I've read - ONE of them would have said something about exporting their Civic to Canada. But there hasn't been a word. As far as I am concerned - everything is still rumour. [no matter how logical some of the rumours seem to be]

Craig!! :)

goray

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 01:56:42 am »
my 2 cents about release date.

if the euro civic is the CSX, I am sure marketing guys won't stupid enough to put it in this year.

it will hurt civic's sale badly.

so maybe next year then.

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 10:55:27 am »

if the euro civic is the CSX, I am sure marketing guys won't stupid enough to put it in this year.

so maybe next year then.

I'm telling you, I've got a new key machine on order for a NEW "EL", which is the first Acura to use Honda's WAVE keys...  As well as 2006 tire sizes, which indudes a size for a new "EL" (205/55R16)...  Something new is on the way, when, I'm not sure...

The CSX is vastly different than a N.A. Civic, so I'm sure it won't hurt sales...  It's costs more as well...

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 09:46:05 am »
Well... This throws a wrench into the whole works...  http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=400452

OWG

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 09:26:33 pm »

so maybe next year then.

I'm telling you, I've got a new key machine on order for a NEW "EL", which is the first Acura to use Honda's WAVE keys...  As well as 2006 tire sizes, which indudes a size for a new "EL" (205/55R16)...  Something new is on the way, when, I'm not sure...

The CSX is vastly different than a N.A. Civic, so I'm sure it won't hurt sales...  It's costs more as well...

What happened to "I work for Acura...". You were posting that the next EL was going to be the CSX and that it would be the euro civic. I certainly hope you had better information than a key machine and tire sizes to go on. This is why I hate rumours. If you do work for Acura, why don't you do us all a favour and find out when the "official" press release is supposed to take place.

mruniverse

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 11:20:26 pm »
Well, it is possible that we'll be getting both a new EL and a CSX (Euro hatch Civic) to replace the RSX, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2005, 09:26:42 am »

so maybe next year then.

What happened to "I work for Acura...". You were posting that the next EL was going to be the CSX and that it would be the euro civic. I certainly hope you had better information than a key machine and tire sizes to go on. This is why I hate rumours. If you do work for Acura, why don't you do us all a favour and find out when the "official" press release is supposed to take place.

I'm just going off what I've been told and read...  I'm not forcing you to put your life on hold and wait to find out...  This is an automotive forum, and I'm just discussing a topic, not spreading rumours and forcing people to believe me...  I'm just sharing what I know, and what proof I have.  I'm not saying others are wrong, and I could be wrong, but then again, I could be right...  Don't get your panties in a knot... We're talking about a car...

hashole

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2005, 10:19:05 am »
This is a quote from Jim Kenzie's article from the Star on the weekend:

"The all-new eighth-generation Civic starts making its way into showrooms this month, with additional models being introduced for at least another year."

Another year ??? From what i've read the hybrid is slated to be the last model released and even that will be out by december...so whats he talking about. I cannot see them bringing the 5door over as a civic model next year. As CanadaCraig said above it would be too pricy for a NA Civic model. I always thought we only had a chance of getting a Japanese built 5door....I think they are offering it in Japan as well. But even then it makes more sense as an Acura. Given the sales figures for the EL it could be possible that the CSX is an addition to the acura line-up. I'm confused...just gonna have to wait and see I guess :'(