Author Topic: New i-VTEC engine for 2006 Civic  (Read 16225 times)

Cortina

Re: New i-VTEC engine for 2006 Civic
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 02:07:05 pm »
Aren't honda the biggest engine producer in the world?

I'm not taling about cars, Just Engines here. :)

gmgod

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 04:38:42 pm »
Honda engines are pathetic. The Civic with i-vetec is one of the biggest scams going. Cobalt SS 2L turbo , 260 hp = no contest. Keep the Civic in the garage girlfriend. :rofl:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »
^^^^Comparing a FI engine with an NA engine is just plain stupid, IMO....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline prufrock

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 05:26:43 pm »
Well, it certainly does continue a nice trend in his posts.

Cortina

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 05:53:32 pm »

He sure loves GM. I think its Barrie son. :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 08:33:02 pm »
stop hurting your head reading this guy
Wing has given us an ingore button ;D

gmgod

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 08:34:23 pm »

LOL , anybody can build an engine and run at the back of the pack. How may races has Honda won lately.......0 , ZILCH , NADA THE BIG GOOSE EGG. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »

LOL , anybody can build an engine and run at the back of the pack. How may races has Honda won lately.......0 , ZILCH , NADA THE BIG GOOSE EGG. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

It's not always about the races.  What about fuel efficiency?  Longetivity of the engine?  The fact that it can spin to 8,000 rpm?  How about low-maintenance?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »

You're a total dummy.  FI= Forced Induction.  NA=Normally Aspirated.  I didn't say F1...I said FI  Duh!

You were comparing a turbo-charged engine built for total performance to an economy engine.  Your lack of intellect is astounding...

xviper

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 09:05:24 pm »
I am reminded of this when I read GMdemiGod's stuff:

Like winning races is gonna get GM out of the financial shithole?  Like winning races is gonna actually get people to buy their cars again?
OK, let's talk about GMs little 2.0L wonderpump .................... It took them a turbo to put out an inflated 20 bhp more than Honda's NA 2.0L engine.  Yabba dabba ding dang do!   ::)  How about we compare it to wing's or my supercharged 2.0L Honda engine?  Or maybe you'd like to compare it to one of the turboed 2.0L jobs?  Mine's been running flawlessly for 5 years.  Wonder how long GMs little blown motor will go till it starts to puke every fluid it has onto the garage floor, just like BOTH my Vettes did within 6 months off the showroom floor.  Those things went back the dealer so many times, they installed a revolving door.
Wait!  Didn't they do an episode of "Intervention" featuring this guy not long ago.  Something about being so badly brainwashed they had to whack him over the head with a GM piston just to drag him away.  Unfortunately, the piston cracked and he ran back into the church of GM as the roof was caving in.   :rofl:
Yup, Honda sure is garbage.   ::)  May you have great happiness in your delusion.  ;)  And yup, we did get that IGNORE button just for people like this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:07:22 pm by xviper »

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:19 am »

His wife drive a Chrysler product ... kinda ironic ...  with a self claim name title like that, and hs own wife really shows him what she thinks of the car maker he likes. She knows better, and shows who wears the pants in the family.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:06:54 am by initial_D »

xviper

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 10:40:33 am »
His wife drive a Chrysler product ... kinda ironic ...  with a self claim name title like that, and hs own wife really shows him what she thinks of the car maker he likes. She knows better, and shows who wears the pants in the family.
WHAT!?  :fall: Isn't that like sleeping with the enemy?  Drinking Maxwell House in your Nabob cup?  Boinking Katy Holmes while you're married to Penelope?  Eating pork when you're a cattle rancher?  Watching CTV when you're a CBC executive?  Pumping Esso when you have a Shell bumper sticker?  Having BMW handle bar grips on your Yamaha?  Using Head & Shoulders at home when you're a Selsun Blue hair model?  Drinking Pepsi while wearing a Coke T-shirt?
Shouldn't "god" have to hand in his GM bathroom key?   :stfu:

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 01:53:50 pm »
WHAT!?  :fall: Isn't that like sleeping with the enemy?  Drinking Maxwell House in your Nabob cup?  Boinking Katy Holmes while you're married to Penelope?  Eating pork when you're a cattle rancher?  Watching CTV when you're a CBC executive?  Pumping Esso when you have a Shell bumper sticker?  Having BMW handle bar grips on your Yamaha?  Using Head & Shoulders at home when you're a Selsun Blue hair model?  Drinking Pepsi while wearing a Coke T-shirt?
Shouldn't "god" have to hand in his GM bathroom key?   :stfu:

People have had their hearts cut out while they are still beating, by priests  with Obsidian Knives for less.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Mitlov

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
You were comparing a turbo-charged engine built for total performance to an economy engine.  Your lack of intellect is astounding...

It's not clear from his post whether he's talking about the 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC engine in the normal Civic, or the 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC engine in the Civic Si.  If he's talking the latter, the comparison is totally legitimate.  Honda chose to use a naturally-aspirated torqueless engine in a sport compact, when the vast majority of competitors offer forced induction (from the GTI to the Mazdaspeed3 to the Cobalt SS to the Cooper S to the SRT4 to the Scion tC w/ dealer-installed TRD supercharger).  Even if the 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC engine isn't comparable to these other engines when sitting on a workbench, the comparison becomes legitimate when Honda uses it to fight a crowd of turbo fours.

gmgod

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 08:30:56 pm »
I am reminded of this when I read GMdemiGod's stuff:

Like winning races is gonna get GM out of the financial shithole?  Like winning races is gonna actually get people to buy their cars again?
OK, let's talk about GMs little 2.0L wonderpump .................... It took them a turbo to put out an inflated 20 bhp more than Honda's NA 2.0L engine.  Yabba dabba ding dang do!   ::)  How about we compare it to wing's or my supercharged 2.0L Honda engine?  Or maybe you'd like to compare it to one of the turboed 2.0L jobs?  Mine's been running flawlessly for 5 years.  Wonder how long GMs little blown motor will go till it starts to puke every fluid it has onto the garage floor, just like BOTH my Vettes did within 6 months off the showroom floor.  Those things went back the dealer so many times, they installed a revolving door.
Wait!  Didn't they do an episode of "Intervention" featuring this guy not long ago.  Something about being so badly brainwashed they had to whack him over the head with a GM piston just to drag him away.  Unfortunately, the piston cracked and he ran back into the church of GM as the roof was caving in.   :rofl:
Yup, Honda sure is garbage.   ::)  May you have great happiness in your delusion.  ;)  And yup, we did get that IGNORE button just for people like this.

My oh my I guess I struck a nerve. The ignore button is for people like you to use  when your dillusional world falls down around you. The s2000 is okay if you like a torqueless wonder. Its a shame a Cobalt SS will kick it in the caboose and then drive around front and kick it in the balls. :rofl2:

gmgod

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:41 pm »

Do you tell your wife or boyfriend what to buy??? ;D

xviper

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 08:53:47 pm »
My oh my I guess I struck a nerve. The ignore button is for people like you to use  when your dillusional world falls down around you. The s2000 is okay if you like a torqueless wonder. Its a shame a Cobalt SS will kick it in the caboose and then drive around front and kick it in the balls. :rofl2:
No nerve struck here, big boy.  Just pure entertainment reading your drivel.  You're the one who's got his head up his ass.  Nothing's falling down around me, pal.  Sure, bring on your POS Cobalt ass ass.  The stock S2000 will blow your fckin' doors off.  My supercharged one will leave it so far behind, you'll think the POS stopped and you'll get out to take a look.  No, fool, you'd better bring the big brother C6 POS to come play with me.  What a fvckin' assclown.  GM is about to become the court jester of the auto industry.  "God"????  Put the crack pipe down.  You don't even make it as alter boy.
Ignore?  Naw.  You're too much fun to read and laugh at.

gmgod

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »
No nerve struck here, big boy.  Just pure entertainment reading your drivel.  You're the one who's got his head up his ass.  Nothing's falling down around me, pal.  Sure, bring on your POS Cobalt ass ass.  The stock S2000 will blow your fckin' doors off.  My supercharged one will leave it so far behind, you'll think the POS stopped and you'll get out to take a look.  No, fool, you'd better bring the big brother C6 POS to come play with me.  What a fvckin' assclown.  GM is about to become the court jester of the auto industry.  "God"????  Put the crack pipe down.  You don't even make it as alter boy.
Ignore?  Naw.  You're too much fun to read and laugh at.

OOPs you drive a Honda. HA HA . No wonder your so defensive. You'll get over it.

xviper

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2008, 09:02:02 pm »

OOPs you drive a Honda. HA HA . No wonder your so defensive. You'll get over it.
Oops, you actually think GM products are real vehicles.  No wonder you're so defensive.  You'll NEVER get over it.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW, I've owned 8 GM products so far and each and every one of them was, in some way or another, a POS.  That's my only flaw.  I was a stupid buyer 8 times.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:07:09 pm by xviper »

barrie1

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2008, 09:53:01 pm »
GMGOD is not a relative of mine but where did he say anything calling it a FI engine or a Fuel Injected vehicle either. Rrocket you did that so maybe you should actually read what you print . You are always the 1st one to call folks rude things on here but are feeding so much crap yourslef about the GM products when you have virtually No experience with them.  You have gone out of your way to state a lot of BS regarding most of their models which you have absolutely NO personal experience with at all.  :( Xviper you are a strange person as you say you went back 8 times and they were all bad experiences. You are either a Bare-faced liar or just rying to prove your point with BS as well. Which is it you are saying?   :)