Author Topic: Rust Proofing Questions  (Read 5193 times)

Ssddfm

Rust Proofing Questions
« on: February 26, 2005, 06:35:40 pm »
Hi Everybody

I just bought a new car today ( Subaru ) and was asked about Rust Proofing. I had been prepared to decline the dealer rust proofing option ( I believe it was something like 600+ dollars) and gotten it done at Krown which is what the APA reccomends. However the dealer talked about this type of rust proofing called SymTech ( or something like that)  which is some electronic device that they put in the car that is supposed to do better rust proofing than the normal chemical spray. The selling point was that if I were to purchase another vehicle down the road I could take this device out of the current vehicle and install it in the other one. Has anyone heard of this technology and how reliable it is? I tried to find some information of it on the web but couldn't.

Thanks in advance

ssddfm

Barrie1

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 09:23:19 pm »
Ssddfm Welcome to the Forum. These systems have been around for a while and have been tested by the Canadian Gov on some Military equipment in storage. Some of them work but most don't. The Krown is the better of the 2 as it is recognized by the Auto Industry to be the Best.  

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 11:08:28 pm »
Get the rust proof done somewhere else (Krown if that's where you want). Barrie's right, most of the time they do not work. Subaru just wants your money.

P.S What subie did ya get???

Ssddfm

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 01:50:56 pm »
Hi  Barrie ,Bullit

I bought the Subaru 2.5 RS Impreza sport wagon.
I took a look at the Krown Rust Control web site and they mentioned that they drill holes in the car so that the rustproofing solution can reach certain areas. Has anyone heard of that adversely affecting the car in anyway? Would that affect the resale value of the car?

ssddfm

Barrie1

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 07:45:52 pm »
Krown is the only Spray recognized by the Used Car Dealers of Canada. The car is worth more with this application on it. You will get up to a $1000. more on trade-in with having it. This does not hurt the car at all.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 08:31:41 pm »
Just don't park on your own driveway for a few days after the job is done -
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Froggy

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:54:48 pm »
Why? Does it "ooze"?

Sterling

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 09:58:30 pm »
The car is worth more with this application on it. You will get up to a $1000. more on trade-in with having it. This does not hurt the car at all.

I'll agree that it does not hurt to have it. You will get $1000 more on trade-in? Highly unlikely.

Offline Craig

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 10:36:54 pm »
Maybe Barrie means you will get $1000 more if the car is rust-free vs. a rusted car?  I'm not sure, but having a car treated with Krown alone does not increase its resale value that much.

Barrie1

Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 11:05:41 pm »
A vehicle that has been Krowned will be worth up to a $1000. more on trade-in as they are always in much better shape then those that were not treated with it. The Krown sticker on the Vehicle goes a long ways towards getting top dollar for your vehicle.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Rust Proofing Questions
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 01:29:24 am »
In a private sale with an informed private buyer having the car Krowned is an asset. It is applied to the condition and servicing aspect of the car.

But trading the car into a dealer; it will have minimal to zero value.

People who buy off used car dealers or used cars of new car dealers are not the type to appreciate the significance of the Krown Rust Control treatment and dealers know this.