Author Topic: Excited Mazda3 GT sport ordered.. :-)...  (Read 6064 times)

Shol

Excited Mazda3 GT sport ordered.. :-)...
« on: February 25, 2005, 03:24:44 pm »
Well after over a year of investigations thoughts and what not, I have ordered my car, it's not here yet have to wait for it to show up, approx 2-3 weeks. But I'm excited :-)

Will come in grey titanium, with a moonroof, and leather seats...

OMG :-)

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 03:27:38 pm »

SUPER CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Must say I'm envious!
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Shol

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 03:33:34 pm »
yeah.. its in port in vancouver :-) eheh hope popeye doesn't bang her up before she gets to me :-)

S60

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 03:39:49 pm »
Congrats Shol, damn there is getting to be quite the Zoom club on the CD forum.
Nice colour choice, don't forget we want to see some pics.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 04:22:17 pm »
Shol, good stuff!

What province you in?

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 04:47:52 pm »
Yes Congrats Shol on your Zoom Zoom. I agree S60, there have been many new Mazda drivers as of late…..a few new Subaru cars too. We should do a count for fun.

Shol

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 04:47:57 pm »
I'm in toronto Ontario Canada

This will be my wolf car as it will be grey on the outside and black on the inside lol :-)

hehe... big difference from my teal CRX :-)

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 04:53:26 pm »

Awwwwwwwwwww, one less teal CRX? I loved the teal ones and that Special Edition 1991 CRX Si in silver with the alloys and rear spoiler. What a classic, now that I think about it.

But, alas, the Mazda3 Sport will be a fine 'n worthy replacement.

Mind me askin' what dealer you picked it up at and your experience? My dealings with Westowne in Etobicoke and uwantamazda? @ Avante Mazda have been very positive.

Shol

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 05:49:43 pm »
Hi. It was at westowne.  I will be honest I was a bit scared of how the salesperson I was dealing with never bothered with returning committments to me and attention to detail and listening skills seemed to be somewhat lacking however the guy I have interacted with over the last date was awesome...

perhaps I was being a bit anal and what not but hey its my first brand new car.... so....I think I had a right to be :-)

Just cant wait to get it here.... yeah it will be sad to see the crx go but it is in pretty rough shape and im sure that it wont take many rides in the mazda to not be too concerned about her :-)  

was a very good first car for me though :-)

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 07:14:39 pm »
Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!! Welcome to the Zoom Zoom world! We took a Mazda3 out when we were looking at the 6s and were VERY impressed. Lots of fun to drive and had lots of get up and go!

Congrats!
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 07:48:39 pm »
Congrats, shol, love to see the pix when you get her. If it passes thru here on a truck, I'll wave. It'll be a long 3 weeks for you waiting.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 10:16:58 pm »
haha...

Zoom zoom world is taking over this forum

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 08:39:02 am »
Saffyitis is catching on....My Millenneun disease..has a new stronger unstoppable strain..morphing daily inta great rides.......this is one time if ya get the ITCH ...SCRATCH IT!!!!!!
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 04:42:51 pm »
Congrats! Don't forget to post pics!

Cousiles

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 08:54:09 am »
I am jealous.  Sweet car!

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 12:12:23 pm »

Shol, our Westowne experience was very positive, even for service. This was years ago, but it seems a more compact dealership that flys under the radar but seems to care.

Waiting... waiting... an-tic-cip-ate-ting...
(I know, I know... white nerds can't rap)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 12:42:27 pm »
Congrats Shol...i would love to see the pics of it when u get it

Shol

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 04:04:10 pm »
I will be posting pics for sure as soon as i get it, they said 2 weeks.

And to be honest, the last guy I spoke with was great or so he seemed to be....I mean I have to be fair and say that the dealership hasnt yet provided me with bad service, just had a rep who seemed to feel like I wasn't that important... perhaps I am too needy :-) lol

Ziggy

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 04:28:43 pm »
Welcome to Mazda Town, Shol.  I can mostly relate to what you are doing, as I just sold my CRX and bought a Mazda, but a Protege and not a new 3.  I'm jealous.  You will really enjoy the Mazda, as I do mine.  Can't wait to see some nice photo's.

Brianmw

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 05:42:25 pm »
Congratulations Shol,
My wife just bought the same car and colour.  Test drove it last Friday, bought it, and picked it up on Monday.  She was planning on silver, but chose the titanium grey when she saw it.  The sales guy said that almost 1/2 of the 3s sold by that dealer are titanium grey.

Here's a review I posted in another forum:

We just picked up my wife's new Mazda 3 Sport (5 speed Hatch) GT tonight. Options on the car are A/C, moonroof, and leather. We would have liked traction control and heated seats, but these are not available in Canada.  

Here's a brief comparison with my 2004 BMW 325i (Sport Package, 5 spd), after a couple of half-hour drives.  

Egronomics
The Mazda fits both my wife and I very well. The telescoping wheel gives her room with the seat forward enough for her to reach the pedals (she's 5'1") and she can raise the seat high enough to get a good view out.  

The leather covered wheel with stereo controls is as nice as the BMW's and feels a bit better to me (slightly smaller diameter and hands just fit right).  

Interior  
The interior has as much style as the BMW. The quality of the controls and the interior materials are excellent for it's class - I would rate these 3/4 as good as the BMW.  

Layout
I love the 5 door hatch layout - it's both more practical and sporty looking.  

Shifter  
The leather covered shifter is very smooth (almost as smooth as the BMW), has slightly shorter throws, and falls very nicely under my hand.  

Engine
Afer a couple of brief drives my initial impressions are the BMW is smoother and feels more powerful than the numbers suggest (184 vs 160 HP). The BMW is more willing to rev higher and has power throughout the rev range. The Mazda still feels smooth and has more of a growl when it reaches mid RPM range. I haven't really pushed it yet - I'll provide a more detailed comparison when the engine is broken in.  

Chassis  
The 3 feels very solid and has no rattles (yet). The BMW feels more solid over rough winter-ravaged roads.  

This impression is probably partially due to the BMW's much better sound insulation which is especially noticable over snow/slush covered and rough roads.  
From a couple of decreasing radius (dry) on/off ramps, the 3 has a very high level of grip. I'll have to wait until I get the summer tires back on the BMW to do a back-to-back test, but for my driving style, I do not find the 3 lacking in grip.  

My Subjective Summary  
For a little more than 1/2 the price of the BMW, my wife's Mazda 3 provides:  
- A layout that's both more practical and sporty  
- Fit that's equally comfortable and ergonomic  
- Almost as many features (missing seat heaters, Xenon lights, and stability/traction control)  
- 3/4 the subjective build quality (interior materials good, but not enough sound insulation)  
- 3/4 the engine power and smoothness  
- Almost as much fun to drive  

My wife could not be happier with her car and I'm really looking forward to driving the 3 more agressively in good weather and taking it on a long road trip.