Author Topic: Options for rustproofing a new Toyota ?  (Read 13930 times)

William_w

Options for rustproofing a new Toyota ?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 08:45:34 am »
Articsteve, thanks for the tip.  Actually, both the MGB and the 318 has been Krown and both of them are usually done in June/July, when the Krown dealers gives out the best promo in the year.  

Right now, I'm contemplating whether to Krown my wife's Neon.  I'm leaning toward just doing the under body with Rust Check, since it will be cheaper than doing a Full Krown.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Options for rustproofing a new Toyota ?
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 10:08:11 am »
William; do you mean buying the cans at Crappy Tire and doing it yourself?  Krown sell their own cans.  You could just spray the brake lines and fuel lines and that sort of thing plus trunk lid and lower parts of the doors.

I don't Krown all my vehicles. Too much dough. I got two that sit outside on gravel all year round and in the fall I spray them with used engine oil.  Small stecko gun and compressed air.  Bit messey, but otherwise they would rot too fast.

Shol; I did not see you post.  Sorry, I do not know any one out your way.  There is a really good shop at Markham Road and Eglinton, Scarborough, I believe, but it has been 4 years since I was there.  Mom and pop operation where pop does the spraying.  You need to be careful for sure because some shops will suck.  An owner that actually sprays themselves is a good sign or a family run shop.  

The stuff does drip and stain initially but it washes off later or fads away.  You can put newspapers down in your garage for the first few days.