Author Topic: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread  (Read 3055671 times)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
Re: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread
« Reply #14280 on: September 05, 2022, 10:17:31 pm »
This thing passed me coming from Penticton to Kelowna. Looked like a Hyundai/Kia but when it passed I noticed the odd tailgate badge and the name “Brenthon”. I honestly thought perhaps it was some Chinese brand testing products out here.

Turns out if you don’t like the stigma attached to owning a ordinary Hyundai or Kia, you can rebrand it as a Brenthon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #14281 on: September 05, 2022, 11:58:34 pm »
So I recently saw a Palisade around here with the same treatment - it's some sort of Korean tuning house that sells accessories/other stuff for Hyundai/Kia products. Neat.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #14282 on: September 06, 2022, 12:01:20 am »
And speaking of Hyundai’s,  also passed this. I personally wasn’t able to safely get a picture but apparently someone else did and it made the news. This marks the third vehicle I’ve seen burn up on this high climb stretch, one was a Kia Optima the other a Ram truck.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #14283 on: September 06, 2022, 08:29:18 am »
^^ Tucson it seems. Last week a Kona Electric caught fire in Quebec city while parked. In a condo building. They pulled it out before anything went out of control, building was saved - not the Kona.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #14284 on: September 06, 2022, 04:23:44 pm »
Ppl are getting pulled over for speeding and rolling stops today, cops are everywhere.  :cp2:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: September 06, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »
^^ Schools opening ?
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #14286 on: September 06, 2022, 08:16:01 pm »
Saw this beauty yesterday while on the way home from our country property.  First time seeing one in the flesh.  Figured about the only place I would see one is behind a rope, or glass, and certainly not out in the back roads of rural NB.  Then again a guy in my hood bought a brand new Aventador this year and I see it around quite often.  It's nice too but the Ford GT is the Holy Grail of exotics imo.  :drool:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #14287 on: September 06, 2022, 08:32:25 pm »
^^ Schools opening ?

Yep. Any other time of year, beside the start of school week, people make right turns on red without stopping, right turns on red from a middle lane and obviously they run stop signs, right under cops' noses and they pay no attention. But this time around, there seems to be a ticket record to be set or prizes to be won.
I'd rather see the police gradually and persistently educating the public on driving laws all year round.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #14288 on: September 06, 2022, 09:26:14 pm »
Saw this beauty yesterday while on the way home from our country property.  First time seeing one in the flesh.  Figured about the only place I would see one is behind a rope, or glass, and certainly not out in the back roads of rural NB.  Then again a guy in my hood bought a brand new Aventador this year and I see it around quite often.  It's nice too but the Ford GT is the Holy Grail of exotics imo.  :drool:

Awesome. I used to see a red one around Fredericton once in a while back when these were relatively new. Did this one have NB plates?

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14289 on: September 06, 2022, 09:56:34 pm »

Great to see on post KD, and nice siting.

Although pedestrian, saw two Honda Crosstours today. Pretty rare around here, but I thought worth noting as they look more normal today than when they were released, probably because of all the other hunchback designs out there.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: September 06, 2022, 09:58:57 pm »

Although pedestrian, saw two Honda Crosstours today. Pretty rare around here, but I thought worth noting as they look more normal today than when they were released, probably because of all the other hunchback designs out there.

I kinda liked the oddball Acura version..the ZDX
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14291 on: September 06, 2022, 11:14:33 pm »

Yes, so did I.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #14292 on: September 07, 2022, 11:35:43 am »
This thing passed me coming from Penticton to Kelowna. Looked like a Hyundai/Kia but when it passed I noticed the odd tailgate badge and the name “Brenthon”. I honestly thought perhaps it was some Chinese brand testing products out here.

Turns out if you don’t like the stigma attached to owning a ordinary Hyundai or Kia, you can rebrand it as a Brenthon!

No, thats upbadging and they should be shamed...you know what you did, don't try to cover up your mistake with a different name.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #14293 on: September 07, 2022, 12:15:16 pm »
That is a whole different subset of people. 10-20 years ago there were lots of people running around with Bora badging on their Jettas. What type of idiot actually spends money on that? Same ones I guess that had the euro front licence plate.   :rofl2:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: September 07, 2022, 12:26:02 pm »

Yes, so did I.

You both need to seek medical attention. ASAP!
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #14295 on: September 07, 2022, 03:23:20 pm »
Doesn't look so bad compared to some of the modern crap rolling around.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: September 07, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »

Awesome. I used to see a red one around Fredericton once in a while back when these were relatively new. Did this one have NB plates?

Luckily, yes.  Be a shame to have bolt on a ugly front plate. 

:cheers:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14297 on: September 07, 2022, 05:06:56 pm »
A Lamborghini Huracan in Verde Shock.  Yes, it was a shock.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: September 07, 2022, 05:11:18 pm »
A Lamborghini Huracan in Verde Shock.  Yes, it was a shock.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Looks good!  :thumbup:  If you're gonna buy a loud car it may as well be a loud colour.  There's an orange Aventador cabrio living somewhere near my house and it looks great.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #14299 on: September 07, 2022, 05:38:37 pm »
Sitting outside at my local coffee shop and a young woman gets in her Soul Red Crystal CX3 and leaves. Two minutes later a Soul Red Crystal CX3 pulls into the same spot but an older woman gets out. Crikey, how long have I been sitting here?