Author Topic: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread  (Read 3056450 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread
« Reply #13240 on: May 07, 2020, 12:17:02 pm »
certain things you can't work around: 2x4 exterior walls (well you can but pricey). By the time you deal with thin walls, new windows and doors, new siding, new roof. Upgrading the electrical and plumbing throughout you might as wel start with a clean slate. Older homes also tend to have smaller rooms closed off which I prefer (but the general public does not.). I agree with RRocket a new home on old lot FTW.
My mom’s house in Toronto , built 1950, brick and block, no 2*4
It will be a tear down , for only $1.5 million

I forgot about brick. We don't get those west of Manitoba lol.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #13241 on: May 07, 2020, 12:39:13 pm »
certain things you can't work around: 2x4 exterior walls (well you can but pricey). By the time you deal with thin walls, new windows and doors, new siding, new roof. Upgrading the electrical and plumbing throughout you might as wel start with a clean slate. Older homes also tend to have smaller rooms closed off which I prefer (but the general public does not.). I agree with RRocket a new home on old lot FTW.
My mom’s house in Toronto , built 1950, brick and block, no 2*4
It will be a tear down , for only $1.5 million

I forgot about brick. We don't get those west of Manitoba lol.

The walls of my house are 2 feet thick and made of limestone.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #13242 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:18 pm »

With handy snake and squirrel entrances.   ;D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #13243 on: May 07, 2020, 02:22:23 pm »

With handy snake and squirrel entrances.   ;D

I forgot to tell you about the bigger snake I found a few days later.   

Honestly though, 2 this year equals the total of the previous 19 years

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: May 11, 2020, 10:26:16 am »

What is going on here? There were hoses going into the window unit from the engine bay and back. Home-brew heater or AC unit?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #13245 on: May 11, 2020, 10:37:04 am »
Guy this morning unleashed all his C63 AMG had beside me from a green light...it was glorious. I love it when someone uses a car properly.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #13246 on: May 11, 2020, 10:40:04 am »
Guy this morning unleashed all his C63 AMG had beside me from a green light...it was glorious. I love it when someone uses a car properly.

I agree, not enough deviant vehicular behaviour these days, I fear for our youth. My wife gets all Foghorn leghorn when we are out and about and  she witnesses some young guy engaging in some proper hooning. I tend to just smile. A proper powerslide is something to be learned and mastered. ;D

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: May 11, 2020, 10:46:49 am »
Yesterday I was driving the Z and took off a little faster than the guy at the lights next to me. All of a sudden he floors it and roars past. He was in a new-ish 3/4 ton Chevy ... with two 8ft tall propane tanks in the back ... wow. Time and place  ::)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:32 am »

I agree, not enough deviant vehicular behaviour these days, I fear for our youth. My wife gets all Foghorn leghorn when we are out and about and  she witnesses some young guy engaging in some proper hooning. I tend to just smile. A proper powerslide is something to be learned and mastered. ;D

The guy just left a wisp of tire smoke and just ever so slightly barked the tires...it was glorious. I don't care, it was a wide open road in front of him, give 'er.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #13249 on: May 11, 2020, 10:53:42 am »

A 19 year old kid got clocked doing 301 km/h in a C63 on the QEW in the GTA this weekend...so
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: May 11, 2020, 10:58:02 am »

A 19 year old kid got clocked doing 301 km/h in a C63 on the QEW in the GTA this weekend...so

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #13251 on: May 11, 2020, 11:27:43 am »

Sorry, got the number wrong...it was 308 km/h !

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #13252 on: May 11, 2020, 11:42:17 am »
That's cookin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b8Onqlo5wo

Even on the autobahn a vehicle going 100 km/hr faster than you can be a surprise.

200 km/hr faster than the rest of the traffic is an accident waiting to happen

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #13253 on: May 11, 2020, 11:44:05 am »

This was posted in the moron thread yesterday

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: May 11, 2020, 12:09:08 pm »

This was posted in the moron thread yesterday

Got it...a more appropriate place

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #13255 on: May 11, 2020, 12:33:52 pm »

I would love to know if the car was std or not, and then he might be able to prove it can't actually go that fast. I wonder if the speed gun had been calibrated that morning? What's the law in ON on calibration?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #13256 on: May 11, 2020, 12:41:47 pm »

I would love to know if the car was std or not, and then he might be able to prove it can't actually go that fast. I wonder if the speed gun had been calibrated that morning? What's the law in ON on calibration?

I saw it on the news yesterday. The car from what I could see was a C63 AMG with 4 exhaust outlets. So I suppose it could do 308kph, possibly after tempering with the computer.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #13257 on: May 11, 2020, 02:35:30 pm »

I saw it on the news yesterday. The car from what I could see was a C63 AMG with 4 exhaust outlets. So I suppose it could do 308kph, possibly after tempering with the computer.

All C63's have 4 exhausts. Most are limited to 255kph, mine was 280kph.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #13258 on: May 11, 2020, 07:49:19 pm »

All C63's have 4 exhausts. Most are limited to 255kph, mine was 280kph.

There is likely an ECU tune that removes the speed limit. I think cops would be wise to ask MB to inspect the car and see what was done to it.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #13259 on: May 11, 2020, 10:05:57 pm »

During the Italian car parade that takes place ever summer during the Italian festival, everyone floors their cars while they go through the 417 underpass on Preston Street.  The sounds are awesome.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...