Author Topic: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread  (Read 3055580 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread
« Reply #13960 on: December 14, 2021, 09:57:29 pm »
I saw a Dodge Nitro today.

They used to be everywhere....but today I realized that I hardly ever see those things anymore.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #13961 on: December 14, 2021, 10:10:12 pm »

They used to be everywhere....but today I realized that I hardly ever see those things anymore.

And thank the good lord for that...
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #13962 on: December 15, 2021, 09:02:06 am »

I rented one on a business trip back when they were new (they were out of Intrepids...). Not brillant, to say the least. Funny enough, I saw a minty same-gen Jeep Liberty this week.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #13963 on: December 16, 2021, 01:12:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure there's a mint Toyota Century around my neighborhood.  seen it half a dozen time but they are always going opposite way i am so can't quite confirm....

similar to this one.

There's one in my neighbourhood...
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #13964 on: December 16, 2021, 01:23:24 pm »

I don't have a huge hate on for a lot of vehicles, well, except the whole "sport" suv segment and "luxury cars with 4 cylinders" BS....but beyond those two  ;D, the Nitro/Journey/Caliber/Compass/500X/Renegade/Dart/Pt Cruiser line is absolutely HORRIBLE and the planet would be a better place if they never existed.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #13965 on: December 16, 2021, 01:25:59 pm »

I don't have a huge hate on for a lot of vehicles, well, except the whole "sport" suv segment and "luxury cars with 4 cylinders" BS....but beyond those two  ;D, the Nitro/Journey/Caliber/Compass/500X/Renegade/Dart/Pt Cruiser line is absolutely HORRIBLE and the planet would be a better place if they never existed.

You know, of course, that the Nitro is a body-on-frame SUV with a live rear axle?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 01:28:02 pm by Blueprint »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #13966 on: December 16, 2021, 01:27:14 pm »

You know, of course, that the Nitro is a body-on-frame SUV with a live rear axle?

Yeah, its a Liberty...LIBERTY...:censor:, I forgot to add that to the scrap heap that is Chrysler cars that history should forget and bury.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: December 20, 2021, 10:14:23 am »
Not one, but two iMiEV's, both white, following each other on the highway this morning. Probably not travelling too far as it was -14°C at the time and range in these things is ridiculous...

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: January 03, 2022, 05:55:25 pm »
Came across this on my way to the grocery store.

The Corolla was in surprisingly good shape. The store front, no so much.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #13969 on: January 03, 2022, 06:16:26 pm »
"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."
- looks like you found the guy  :P

Why are there no ramps  ??? It doesn't look like they care about the poor 'rolla...
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #13970 on: January 03, 2022, 06:33:50 pm »
I think it's time we take Bubba's license away...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #13971 on: January 03, 2022, 07:50:38 pm »
I think it's time we take Bubba's license away...

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #13973 on: January 04, 2022, 02:12:25 pm »
Hit the gas and not the brake...But officer the harder I pressed the brake the faster the car went...This idiocy almost killed Audi in North America and to a lesser extent Toyota.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #13974 on: January 12, 2022, 03:41:21 pm »
White out conditions on the roads here today with the heavy snow we are getting.  I lost my driver's side wiper blade earlier this morning just after I hit the first of the blizzard.  Not snowing when i left for my 100km drive down the coast but it started around the 30km mark and immediately turned into a blizzard with white-out conditions.  It was blowing around so badly that I immediately lost site of the transport truck I was following.  It was soon after that that i lost my wiper blade.  It flew off as soon as I turned them on.  I had to drive another 8km, or so before I reached an off-ramp where I could pull over and move the passenger side blade over to the driver's side.  Unfortunately, I damaged that blade when I was cleaning off my truck after the last storm and it was only cleaning the top part of my windsheild.  I had to drive another 20km before i could stop and get a new set. 

Later, when I got home I slipped on blind ice as soon as I stepped out of the truck and fell on my ass hard!  Luckily there was lots of fluffy snow cover to break my fall and it didn't hurt too badly.  One of those days!  :P

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #13975 on: January 12, 2022, 04:00:18 pm »
White out conditions on the roads here today with the heavy snow we are getting.  I lost my driver's side wiper blade earlier this morning just after I hit the first of the blizzard.  Not snowing when i left for my 100km drive down the coast but it started around the 30km mark and immediately turned into a blizzard with white-out conditions.  It was blowing around so badly that I immediately lost site of the transport truck I was following.  It was soon after that that i lost my wiper blade.  It flew off as soon as I turned them on.  I had to drive another 8km, or so before I reached an off-ramp where I could pull over and move the passenger side blade over to the driver's side.  Unfortunately, I damaged that blade when I was cleaning off my truck after the last storm and it was only cleaning the top part of my windsheild.  I had to drive another 20km before i could stop and get a new set. 

Later, when I got home I slipped on blind ice as soon as I stepped out of the truck and fell on my ass hard!  Luckily there was lots of fluffy snow cover to break my fall and it didn't hurt too badly.  One of those days!  [emoji14]
Sounds like it's time for a glass of Bourbon, or Rum, or Scotch... or all 3.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: January 12, 2022, 04:17:07 pm »

Later, when I got home I slipped on blind ice as soon as I stepped out of the truck and fell on my ass hard!  Luckily there was lots of fluffy snow cover to break my fall and it didn't hurt too badly.  One of those days!  [emoji14]
Sounds like it's time for a glass of Bourbon, or Rum, or Scotch... or all 3.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Haha, finishing off the bottle of wine I opened last night.  My wife said she is going to observe dry-January and not drink.  So last night I opened the bottle of driest red wine that we had in stock to go with our spaghetti dinner but she didn't see the humour in that and I was on my own.  ;D

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #13977 on: January 12, 2022, 05:06:05 pm »

Later, when I got home I slipped on blind ice as soon as I stepped out of the truck and fell on my ass hard!  Luckily there was lots of fluffy snow cover to break my fall and it didn't hurt too badly.  One of those days!  :P

Are you sure this is posted in the right thread? It doesn't sound like you saw much of anything...  :stick:
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #13978 on: January 12, 2022, 06:52:00 pm »

Are you sure this is posted in the right thread? It doesn't sound like you saw much of anything...  :stick:

:rofl:

:rofl2:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: January 12, 2022, 06:55:09 pm »

;D touché