Author Topic: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread  (Read 3055817 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Interesting things seen on the way to work thread
« Reply #13860 on: September 09, 2021, 11:19:42 am »
I miss that sound.

Would love an SLS at some point.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #13861 on: September 09, 2021, 11:20:37 am »
I miss that sound.

Would love an SLS at some point.

It's funny how a car can be defined by a sound.  The C63 is one of those cars...

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #13862 on: September 09, 2021, 11:33:36 am »
2012(?) C63 Coupe in for a tire swap. Sounds nice and mean. Look forward to test driving it later. For quality control, of course

:D  This is where those 180km/hr, 150km extra after dealer service news stories come from

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #13863 on: September 09, 2021, 11:39:55 am »
2012(?) C63 Coupe in for a tire swap. Sounds nice and mean. Look forward to test driving it later. For quality control, of course

:D  This is where those 180km/hr, 150km extra after dealer service news stories come from

Autobahn tune up.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #13864 on: September 09, 2021, 12:06:52 pm »

Autobahn tune up.
exactly right  ;)
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #13865 on: September 09, 2021, 01:01:04 pm »
Especially the T8 - 400hp and 472lb/ft?  YES PLEASE!

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

Hyper 4-bangers are a Volvo tradition...

Yeah but that thing wasn't a giant boat like the V90 is.  :P

I love the V90 but based on my experience in an S60 T6 I'm not a big fan of that drivetrain.

I also love the looks of the V90 and V60 but have the same reservations about the drivetrain, even though I haven't actually driven one.  One comment that stuck out in reviews of the T8 is that it was the only vehicle that could exhibit oversteer and torque steer at the same time...lol.  Might be kind of fun to experience but not sure it's something i could live with. 

Today I took the old to way to work along the river and saw an RS6 Avant in the flesh for the first time.  It looked a bit cartoonish to be honest with the oversized wheels and flared arches. Didn't help that it was chalk in colour. Regardless, I prefer the looks of the V90. 

Also, saw three C8s while on the way this morning.  They were all parked in different driveways along the way but I've also noticed a lot more around in general while driving around.  I think I've seen one in every available colour too.  They are already becoming commonplace.  By comparison I've only seen two LC-500s in my travels. 

Also, later on during my travels today I saw a Z3M Roadster, in Titanium Silver no less.  It drove right in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign so I got a really good look as it drove by and made the turn at the nearby hwy onramp.  First time I got wistful since i sold mine.   :P Still one of the best looking roadsters made imo.  The M version looks so much better than the regular Z series.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #13866 on: September 09, 2021, 01:26:18 pm »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

I love the V90 but based on my experience in an S60 T6 I'm not a big fan of that drivetrain.

I also love the looks of the V90 and V60 but have the same reservations about the drivetrain, even though I haven't actually driven one.  One comment that stuck out in reviews of the T8 is that it was the only vehicle that could exhibit oversteer and torque steer at the same time...lol.  Might be kind of fun to experience but not sure it's something i could live with. 

Personally I'd be happy if Volvo made the V60 and V60CC with the hybrid powertrain but used the T5 engine (turbo only) instead. Some people just want a good powertrain with some hybrid assist and it would still be enough power for 99% of the people out there.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #13867 on: September 09, 2021, 02:00:46 pm »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

Today I took the old to way to work along the river and saw an RS6 Avant in the flesh for the first time.  It looked a bit cartoonish to be honest with the oversized wheels and flared arches. Didn't help that it was chalk in colour. Regardless, I prefer the looks of the V90. 

Also, saw three C8s while on the way this morning.  They were all parked in different driveways along the way but I've also noticed a lot more around in general while driving around.  I think I've seen one in every available colour too.  They are already becoming commonplace.  By comparison I've only seen two LC-500s in my travels. 

Also, later on during my travels today I saw a Z3M Roadster, in Titanium Silver no less.  It drove right in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign so I got a really good look as it drove by and made the turn at the nearby hwy onramp.  First time I got wistful since i sold mine.   :P Still one of the best looking roadsters made imo.  The M version looks so much better than the regular Z series.

Did it have a small man in it with a sniffley nose?  :rofl2:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #13868 on: September 09, 2021, 02:14:53 pm »
Went for a short drive during lunch and saw a...

Ferrari 550 Maranello

And a new Supra in white.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #13869 on: September 09, 2021, 02:52:28 pm »
The 550 (and 575) is one of my favourite Ferraris.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #13870 on: September 09, 2021, 02:56:58 pm »
:iagree: Gated manual, n/a V12, those looks...just awesome.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #13871 on: September 09, 2021, 03:27:07 pm »
:iagree: Gated manual, n/a V12, those looks...just awesome.

Possibly the same car came in for an estimate a few years ago.  I told the owner I was going to listen to the engine when he left.  As a bonus, he revved it a couple times in the garage.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: September 09, 2021, 04:51:52 pm »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

Personally I'd be happy if Volvo made the V60 and V60CC with the hybrid powertrain but used the T5 engine (turbo only) instead. Some people just want a good powertrain with some hybrid assist and it would still be enough power for 99% of the people out there.

My wife really likes Volvo wagons and they would be at the top of her list if we were looking to buy right now.   She prefers wagons in general over cuv/suv and I point out different models to her whenever we see one to guage her opinion.  She thinks the E-Class is too big and a little ungainly looking but likes most of the Audis we see.  Lots of 3er BMW wagons around our hood and she likes them.  I suspect she would like a C-Class but I've yet to see one while she has been with me.   

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: September 09, 2021, 04:53:26 pm »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

HAha, no but I was half expecting it to be wearing Ont plates.   ;D  I never saw one the entire time I owned mine. 

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #13874 on: September 09, 2021, 04:53:45 pm »
My wife really likes Volvo wagons and they would be at the top of her list if we were looking to buy right now.  She prefers wagons in general over cuv/suv and I point out different models to her whenever we see one to guage her opinion.  She thinks the E-Class is too big and a little ungainly looking but likes most of the Audis we see.  Lots of 3er BMW wagons around our hood and she likes them.  I suspect she would like a C-Class but I've yet to see one while she has been with me.

You're a lucky, lucky man!!!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13875 on: September 09, 2021, 04:55:37 pm »
My wife really likes Volvo wagons and they would be at the top of her list if we were looking to buy right now.  She prefers wagons in general over cuv/suv and I point out different models to her whenever we see one to guage her opinion.  She thinks the E-Class is too big and a little ungainly looking but likes most of the Audis we see.  Lots of 3er BMW wagons around our hood and she likes them.  I suspect she would like a C-Class but I've yet to see one while she has been with me.

Yeah, she keeps saying that if the GS350 was a wagon she would drive it into the ground...lol  Strangely though, she really likes driving the Frontier.  Then again she's never really driven it quickly down the backroads here and experienced the horrid rear wheel hop.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:58:23 pm by KD »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #13876 on: September 09, 2021, 07:02:47 pm »

X2, wife wouldn't even consider a wagon while looking at the GX/4Runner

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #13877 on: September 09, 2021, 08:18:21 pm »
Aside from something like a G-wagen or Porsche my wife isn't interested in SUVs/crossovers. The smaller the car, the better. Before we bought the BMW wagon she was worried it was going to be too big.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #13878 on: September 09, 2021, 11:10:00 pm »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

Shuddupayouface!  Ima going to come and sneeze on your truck.
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: September 10, 2021, 08:52:45 am »

4 banger?

Hard pass.   ;)

Shuddupayouface!  Ima going to come and sneeze on your truck.

I'll get the steps.  :P :rofl2: