Author Topic: I need help pricing my car to sell  (Read 2842 times)

Catshee

I need help pricing my car to sell
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:32 pm »
I have an 86' Subaru GL. Has Turbo, Front Wheel Drive (kinda odd but for real), 154,000 miles. The body is great! Never been in an accident. Digital dash, cruse control, air conditioning (needs a little work), automatic, Sun roof, and power windows.  
I have taken good care of the car the 8 months I've had it... new tires, fuel filter, front breaks and roters, timing belts both replaced 2 weeks ago.  
I want to sell this car so badly because It needs more work that I can't afford to do, like cv joint, back breaks, something is not right with the fuel injection because not starting like it should but still starting, none the less.  
How much should I sell my car for? I've heard that the turbo engine itself is pretty valuable because of it's size and power for dune buggies. Can anyone help me?

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 02:37:13 pm »
You kinda reached a different market for advise.  Maybe 500 US , maybe nothing.  That is a complicated car to buy used.  Turbo, digital dash, being a 86 Subaru; all huge negatives for a used car with that much mileage.

I'm sorry to hear that you bought it and dumped so much money into it.  It happens a lot.

Mdxtasy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 02:39:13 pm »
With that much work required for an 18 year old car....it'll be tough to move.  I would not expect much for it.

Catshee

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 03:52:03 pm »
luckly it was given to me... still dumped too much money into it. thanks for the advise anyhow!

Eax

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 09:06:40 am »
$50-$200 to a wrecker...dispite the work you put into it, the negatives far outweigh the positives...it's done.  If you want to (and know how to) part it out yourself selling components on Ebay you could probably end up with a few G in your pocket...otherwise...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 09:44:30 am »
hum...dont know u might be in trouble...
if i were u i would drive this car to the ground...

Ghost

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 11:25:17 am »
donate it to charity and claim it. Bet the claim will come out to be more than you can ask for by selling it. LOL!