Author Topic: Reputable New/Used Cars Dealer in Ottawa, Ontario?  (Read 7145 times)

William_w

Reputable New/Used Cars Dealer in Ottawa, Ontario?
« on: December 07, 2004, 08:17:08 pm »
Hello,

As some of you may be aware, I'm trying to purchase a second car for my wife.  So far, I felt the dealers that I have visit or dealt with are your stereotypical Used Car Salesman.  Certainly, it has NOT been a pleasant experience so far.

I would like to find out if anyone of you who have shopped in Ottawa can recommend any reputable dealers where both prices and services are good.

Sterling

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:20:17 pm »
What's been the trouble so far?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 08:24:19 pm »
You would probably have better luck finding a second Wife for your car..stereo-typically speaking Willie Boy....attitude adjustment and $$$'s come mid-Winter could see you BOTH satisfied......
Time is to stop everything happening at once

William_w

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:40:32 pm »
In general terms, would anyone recommend any particular dealer or sales reps?

Ericthejet

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 06:20:53 pm »
Hey William,

Tony Graham Lexus Toyota has a great rep.

Offline runwhatyabrung

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 07:23:59 pm »
I'm around Ottawa and have also found area sales staff to be less than helpfull and always leave a bad impression. Last January I was shopping for a used Miata and it was like trying to buy one on a sunny spring day: nobody was helpfull. I ended up researching through the Trader for all the cars I was interested in and went to Toronto. Within 2 hours of looking at the first car, I was on my way home with the sales contract in hand at a price that I was more than satisfied with (would have paid more in fact) The car is still under warranty and I don't regret buying it in Toronto one bit. That's the advice I got last year when I asked the same question. Go west young man!

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 02:38:35 pm »
Car sales in Ottawa is pretty bad, I think a lot of it is that the sales guys are still stuck in the boom mentality where everyone had money to burn.  Unless you drive up in an expensive car it's hard to get any help.

william, if you e-mail me james.bergeronATalcatelDOTcom  I will give you a name of a friend in the car biz.  I'm sure he can help you out.

William_w

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 08:06:55 am »
Thanks for the advises.

I'll start to search for cars in Toronto.

BTW, does anyone has any experience with Mega Mitsubishi in Hull?  

(Message edited by William W on December 19, 2004)

Eax

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 10:49:21 am »
Tony Graham Lexus Toyota.  If you go/buy from there you won't look back.  Mega Mitsubishi has ALL kinds of cars...he is primarily a used car dealer...mixed reviews...some good/some bad...but it's worth a look.  If you've got a car, and are willing to travel, and they have a car you are interested in, you will find no better automotive buying experience in the Ottawa market than at Rivington Suzuki.  Barry Rivington, the owner is always on site.  He provides exceptional customer service.  It is a small store in Carleton Place...and the attitude shows...they are genuinely interested in making sure you have the right car for you...good luck.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 09:11:57 am »
The guy I know works at Tony Graham, I'll get you his contact info.

Offline libraman

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 05:03:09 pm »
Try mtlautoprix.com.  Cars off leases arrive every wednesday. A good selection. Good prices too.