Author Topic: Recommend a $2-3K car for university student?  (Read 16445 times)

Straysheepie

Recommend a $2-3K car for university student?
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2004, 01:53:36 pm »
Someone told me he took two months to find the right car!  I just hope I can buy one before I go back to school since I'll be too busy then to search properly for a car.

I'm sure it's easy enough to go to the Toyota dealership and sign the dotted line for a new Echo, but I'm going to see if there are any better alternatives first... will try to inquire about some '04 Echo hatchbacks since they've depreciated a bit.

I'll post up a photo of my car when I actually do find it

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2004, 04:01:11 pm »
Lil Bo Sheep..the looking is half the fun..you get to try out "new" to you stuff and test your haggling skills...trust me the dealers are hungry at this time of the year...drag your Bankers(Folks ,as theyarepaying the freight) out with you and they will sorry when you show them a POS for $3,000(pick a real looser) and they will double or triple the budget so their poor little Lamb doesn't get sheared or served up a Prairie Oysters....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Barrie1

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2004, 11:17:18 pm »
I give you a 5 for that Saffi. Very Good Advice.

Straysheepie

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2004, 01:16:46 am »
That's very clever advice! :-) Well, we're off to a good start with the "loser" since I found out the Mazda 323 doesn't have airbags!!!  My Mom freaked out a bit but we're still going to look at the car in the morning...

Mdxtasy

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2004, 01:32:50 am »
If you want airbags, expect to pay for them.  Older cars have older airbag technology.  No dual stage deployment, no sensors to detect passenger weight etc.