Author Topic: 2024 Dodge Hornet R/T Plus PHEV  (Read 4988 times)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
Re: 2024 Dodge Hornet R/T Plus PHEV
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2024, 10:58:27 am »
^^^ New Grand Caravan…..STARTING at $51,000!!

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2024, 11:09:10 am »
One thing with the PHEV Hornet is with all the subsidies and discounts they are advertised as low as $42,000 in Quebec

That's still a lot for Jeep Compass based vehicle, but not nearly the prices they try to sell them for out west

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2024, 01:46:16 pm »
I see a Hornet around here about as often as a Pagani....which is to say not a lot. $70k for a Journey sized vehicle with a crappy 4 banger, and that legendary Fiatsler quality, must have been a really bad batch of meth running around the office that day. Chrysler, to me, has always been the Kyundai of north America, attractive vehicles with highly questionable build quality and drivetrains at bargain prices. Sure, theres an odd Viper or SRT model thats just freaking awesome, but for the most part, its V6 Challengers for the 380 credit score types and Caravans for government fleets.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2024, 01:50:56 pm »
I see a Hornet around here about as often as a Pagani....which is to say not a lot. $70k for a Journey sized vehicle with a crappy 4 banger, and that legendary Fiatsler quality, must have been a really bad batch of meth running around the office that day. Chrysler, to me, has always been the Kyundai of north America, attractive vehicles with highly questionable build quality and drivetrains at bargain prices. Sure, theres an odd Viper or SRT model thats just freaking awesome, but for the most part, its V6 Challengers for the 380 credit score types and Caravans for government fleets.

Pretty sure this is smaller than a Journey since they had a third row.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2024, 01:53:49 pm »

Thats...a lot worse if true. So a tiny azz car with a crappy 4 banger and Fiatsler quality, I'll give you a bag of empties and a half pack of rez smokes.

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2024, 03:03:08 pm »

Yeah, the Hornet is sized a lot more like a CX-5.  It's a smaller sized compact.  Slightly smaller than a Rav4 or CR-V.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2024, 08:56:27 am »
Length in inches

Hornet = 178.0
CX-5 = 180.1
RAV4 = 180.9
CRV = 184.8

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2024, 04:39:10 pm »
As always really enjoy reading your reviews.
Why would you not just get the Tonale if you want an Alfa?
Yes there’s a price difference, but there are better and cheaper and more reliable options.
I see as many Hornets as Tonale’s.
This is an expensive small SUV with high price tag and questionable reliability.

But I degrees here.
I just wanted to comment on your great writing skills.

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-40
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2025 Toyota Camry, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2024, 09:49:34 am »
Stellantis have priced themselves out of the North American market, as evidenced by the Hornet pricing, and their product lineup has withered away on the vine. They have probably realized it and hence the news below, but unless they get their pricing under control, it will just be more of the same.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/auto-analyst-new-dodge-suv-scheduled-to-be-produced-in-windsor

The latest product added to the Windsor plant’s production schedule is a new three-row Dodge SUV.

“Currently, they’re (Stellantis) looking at a three-row Dodge SUV coming before the end of 2026 at Windsor,” Fiorani said.

“It will replace the Dodge Durango being produced alongside the Jeep Grand Cherokee at (Detroit’s) Jefferson Avenue plant.

“The Durango currently shares the Grand Cherokee platform. The new SUV will be on the STLA large platform they’re using in Windsor.”

The Durango is scheduled to cease production in 2027.

Fiorani has previously reported the company has scheduled a new two-row Chrysler crossover to begin production at Windsor Assembly in early 2026. He also correctly forecast Stellantis would build the new generation of Dodge Chargers in Windsor alongside the Pacifica minivan lineup.

Clearly there is a limited market for $100K plus Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers and hopefully the Durango replacement to be built on the same platform will be priced cheaper. Ditto the new 2 row crossover.