Author Topic: Ridgeline is a lemon, time to go truck shopping!!  (Read 11079 times)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: Ridgeline is a lemon, time to go truck shopping!!
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2024, 01:26:12 pm »
Nice truck Fob.  What's the impressions so far?
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2024, 06:32:30 pm »
Looks so good! Congrats Fob.

And yes Hakka 10s are amazing. We decided to try the North 9 thinking they were the same as Hakka 10 but they don’t bite nearly as well and are no better than a good studless tire.

Yeah, we got the Michelin North 4 studded on the RX and while they are fine, they are not nearly the Hakka 10's on the Crosstrek

Of course the vehicles are different, but still thinking a couple hundred extra would have have been money well spent. 'Buy once, cry once'

Agreed, and to some having to deal with Kaltire although I personally love Kaltire's service.

The Nordman North 9 has the same tread pattern as the old Nokian Hakka 9 but I think they cheaped out on the studs and the rubber compound to meet a price point. The dual stud design in the Hakka 10 is amazing for stopping, accelerating, and turning.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #222 on: July 03, 2024, 08:20:32 pm »
Nice choice Fob!  Congrats!  :thumbup: 

Tundra V8 seems to be the choice of most private contractors around here.  One day at my house last week three of the four 1/2 tons in my driveway were last gen Tundras, and none of the owners are planning on upgrading any time soon. 

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2024, 01:38:36 am »
Nice choice Fob!  Congrats!  :thumbup: 

Tundra V8 seems to be the choice of most private contractors around here.  One day at my house last week three of the four 1/2 tons in my driveway were last gen Tundras, and none of the owners are planning on upgrading any time soon.

As oil marches upwards and the next round of carbon tax coming both the oil producers and government thank all 5.7 users  profusely.  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2024, 02:04:52 pm »

Love it, its comfortable, quiet, powerful, sounds good, the road manners are great, swallows up many washboard gravel roads with no problems, I think it looks great....all in all, great buy.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2024, 02:07:46 pm »

Love it, its comfortable, quiet, powerful, sounds good, the road manners are great, swallows up many washboard gravel roads with no problems, I think it looks great....all in all, great buy.

Right on.  The engine makes sexy noises, especially just above 3000rpm when under load.  I could listen to that all day.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2024, 02:15:19 pm »

Right on.  The engine makes sexy noises, especially just above 3000rpm when under load.  I could listen to that all day.

I'm sorta pondering a TRD exhaust for it....maybe flowmaster.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2024, 03:19:46 pm »
What was the final outcome with the Ridgeline? Did they fix the issues it had before you traded it in?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2024, 03:28:44 pm »
What was the final outcome with the Ridgeline? Did they fix the issues it had before you traded it in?

Nope, I washed my hands of it when I dropped it off at the dealer.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2024, 03:37:37 pm »

I'd like to upgrade also, but will likely just wait until the original exhaust needs replacing.  I'd like something with a little more growl when on the throttle, but nothing extra when cruising.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2024, 03:49:02 pm »

Oh wow. So Honda dealer was never able to diagnose the issues it was having?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2024, 04:04:03 pm »

Nope, they told me that anytime I had an issue and I would get the christmas light dash, the system would somehow reset itself and because of the lack of CEL and no stored codes, there was nothing they could do. Yeah, I thought maybe because of the rear window leak maybe some module got damaged, or some wiring got corroded, who knows.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2024, 04:05:17 pm »

I'd like to upgrade also, but will likely just wait until the original exhaust needs replacing.  I'd like something with a little more growl when on the throttle, but nothing extra when cruising.

Thats where I'm at, I want on throttle noise, but no drone at cruise. Trucks too quiet, its a bloody V8, make some!!!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2024, 07:04:14 pm »

Check out Magnaflow..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2024, 09:46:10 pm »

Nope, they told me that anytime I had an issue and I would get the christmas light dash, the system would somehow reset itself and because of the lack of CEL and no stored codes, there was nothing they could do. Yeah, I thought maybe because of the rear window leak maybe some module got damaged, or some wiring got corroded, who knows.

Honda reliability sure ain't what is used to be. My dad got his third recall notice on his 2022 Ridgeline. Can definitely see a water leak causing a module or wiring to cause weird issues like.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2024, 09:01:21 am »

Honda reliability sure ain't what is used to be. My dad got his third recall notice on his 2022 Ridgeline. Can definitely see a water leak causing a module or wiring to cause weird issues like.

That's build quality and something they have struggled with since they relocated production to Alabama eons ago. Simply some lazy/poor trained worker with a sealing gun.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2024, 09:55:52 am »

That's build quality and something they have struggled with since they relocated production to Alabama eons ago. Simply some lazy/poor trained worker with a sealing gun.

Believe it or not some of the sealing is done with a robot from what I've read. And yes, the Alabama plant has mediocre production build quality for all the products they build there.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2024, 10:32:35 am »
Honda Alabama plant:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2024, 11:29:57 am »

Check out Magnaflow..

Will do, thanks for the recommendation!!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Yesterday at 01:59:31 pm »
Well just broke 5000km with the Tundra. Love it, this thing is such an awesome truck, I am so happy with the decision I made to get rid of the Ridgeline. Fuel mileage is, not great, and needs an exhaust, so freaking quiet.