Author Topic: 1989 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance - Dent buys something completely different  (Read 13471 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki

How are the headlights...I think with a lot of these older vehicles, restoring and cleaning the headlights is a must....we are so used to bright LEDs nowadays that older halogens are perceived as really dim specially if the glass is clouded over.

Get H4 lamps and good lenses instead of cheap sealed beam, huge difference.
I just installed some on my '76 motorhome.    There are also LED replacements, but they don't look right.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2

How are the headlights...I think with a lot of these older vehicles, restoring and cleaning the headlights is a must....we are so used to bright LEDs nowadays that older halogens are perceived as really dim specially if the glass is clouded over.

Get H4 lamps and good lenses instead of cheap sealed beam, huge difference.
I just installed some on my '76 motorhome.    There are also LED replacements, but they don't look right.

The H4 kits are good, I too hate the look of LEDs in a older car, so I either run an H4 kit, or a fresh set of quality sealed beams. Sealed beams dim over time, so even if they're still working, replacing them can make a difference.