Author Topic: Because we need another Crosstrek thread!  (Read 13828 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Because we need another Crosstrek thread!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2023, 05:07:27 pm »
The car looks great :thumbup:

All of these Crosstreks are making me really want one.

Yeah me too. Been on the website building my own Crosstrek and forester.

There is a green on tan fully loaded Forester (2019) on my radar. Just hate the used pricing right now. Plus the local Subie deal shows a Crosstrek in stock.....maybe I should drive by and double check.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2023, 07:19:14 pm »
^^ DO IT!  :rofl2:

…How far do the skis come up if they are inside.? I try to avoid boxes at all costs.

Haven’t had a ski box since we sold the Xterra in 2007. Yeah, I’d forgotten they can be a pain.

Washed the Crosstrek yesterday at the wand wash. Was careful not to use high pressure on the box, and not to spray near the lock. Went to load the skis this morning, and of course the lock was frozen.  ::)  Cigarette lighter on the key worked, luckily.

I’m sure the x-country skis would fit in the Crosstrek, but it’s a pain. Haven’t tried it, but I’d likely be banging my elbow on them on the center console. Besides, dog needs to ride in the back and we don’t want to be mixing dogs and skis.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2023, 07:22:48 pm »
Dog looks like he settled in well!  ;D

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2023, 08:04:45 pm »
^^ Yeah, he's king of the Crosstrek now. Wife has already ordered a new dog bed because the current one "isn't cushy enough."  ::)  :rofl2:

Colour matched bumper plugs. For all the recent Crosstrek buyers.

https://subiebros.com/subiebros-subaru-bumper-hole-plugs/

Thanks! Those don't look too bad. Saw some other ones, and seemed like they were bigger than they needed to be. Not sure which is worse: two little holes, or two big (albeit colour matched) plugs.  :-\

TBH, the holes really don't bother me. I'm just going to keep quiet and see if my wife mentions it again. If she does, I'd be inclined to find something to plug the hole myself, then maybe hit it with touch-up paint to hide it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 08:07:10 pm by HeliDriver »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2023, 08:11:11 pm »

There is a green on tan fully loaded Forester (2019) on my radar. Just hate the used pricing right now. Plus the local Subie deal shows a Crosstrek in stock.....maybe I should drive by and double check.

Hmmm, to replace the Corolla?  Or in addition to? 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2023, 09:40:50 pm »

A replacement if it happens.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2023, 09:46:30 pm »

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2023, 01:05:36 am »
^^ DO IT!  :rofl2:

…How far do the skis come up if they are inside.? I try to avoid boxes at all costs.

Haven’t had a ski box since we sold the Xterra in 2007. Yeah, I’d forgotten they can be a pain.

Washed the Crosstrek yesterday at the wand wash. Was careful not to use high pressure on the box, and not to spray near the lock. Went to load the skis this morning, and of course the lock was frozen.  ::)  Cigarette lighter on the key worked, luckily.

I’m sure the x-country skis would fit in the Crosstrek, but it’s a pain. Haven’t tried it, but I’d likely be banging my elbow on them on the center console. Besides, dog needs to ride in the back and we don’t want to be mixing dogs and skis.

dog hair and klister is a terrible combo. Better to keep that stuff in the box

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2023, 09:48:59 am »

Sometimes orders pop up on the online inventory even though they are destined for a specific customer, but cancellations can happen! Last year there was a top-trim Forester available at the end of its fleet tour and it ended up with an acquaintance of another journo. And it was brown, bonus!

Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2023, 06:56:56 pm »
Now what do I do?

Dealer called with an available 2023 Crosstrek in light Khaki grey (what I ordered) for the price I have in contract (MSRP).   Only caveat is this is the floor model that has been farted in for the past year...

I have till Monday to make a decision. Do I:

1) wait for the 2024 to see what improvements/ not improvements and walk if I no likey
 2) buy this 2023 Outdoor  and sell the Volvo
3) buy crosstrek and keep the Volvo
 4) walk now. (less work and drama)

Dealer could have called two weeks ago.

as an aside it looks like the crosstrek waiting list is almost gone. Interest rates must be doing their thing.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2023, 07:29:40 pm »
Well, I think we have a pretty good idea about the 2024. Japanese and Australian versions have already been released. US model set to be released Feb. 9.

For sure we know the interior, and that giant screen would almost be a deal breaker for me on its own. Engines very likely to be the same. Styling seems a little overdone to me, but probably not a deal breaker. Body is supposed to be a bit stiffer, but still just a tweak to the current platform, so likely not a huge difference.

Will probably be $2k more expensive? Maybe a bit more if the new Outdoor (hear they’ll rename it Onyx) gets LEDs.

It would be a complete no-brainer for me, just because manual. I suspect you would prefer the 2023 as well, because no giant screen (and cheaper  ;D )

Crosstrek should be cheap and reliable transportation for the next ten years. Volvo, maybe or maybe not.

I guess I’d vote 2, depending on if you can at least break even on the Volvo sale. Or 3, if you’re a baller.  ;D

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2023, 07:36:02 pm »
Well, I think we have a pretty good idea about the 2024. Japanese and Australian versions have already been released. US model set to be released Feb. 9.

For sure we know the interior, and that giant screen would almost be a deal breaker for me on its own. Engines very likely to be the same. Styling seems a little overdone to me, but probably not a deal breaker. Body is supposed to be a bit stiffer, but still just a tweak to the current platform, so likely not a huge difference.

Will probably be $2k more expensive? Maybe a bit more if the new Outdoor (hear they’ll rename it Onyx) gets LEDs.

It would be a complete no-brainer for me, just because manual. I suspect you would prefer the 2023 as well, because no giant screen (and cheaper  ;D )

Crosstrek should be cheap and reliable transportation for the next ten years. Volvo, maybe or maybe not.

I guess I’d vote 2, depending on if you can at least break even on the Volvo sale. Or 3, if you’re a baller.  ;D

I may keep them all for a few months to see which one gets the axe. LR4? Volvo XC60? Crosstrek? Ridgeline?

Although I can simply stick the extra $20k the crosstrek is going to cost me (If I sell the Volvo) and put that into a good oil stock which will double over the next 12 months...hmm. Decisions this weekend.

ps. and yes outdoor is gone, onyx will have power driver seat and leds.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2023, 07:44:00 pm »
Keeping them all and seeing which one makes the cut sounds like a solid plan. :thumbup:

But if the market is turning as fast as it seems, might not be fun to be a seller in a few months.  :-\

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2023, 07:55:26 pm »
Yeah that is why I tried my best to undercut the Volvo when I bought it. I should have no trouble getting my money back out of it. Easier to sell in a larger market than selling in Canmore.

Before this 2023 became available the plan was to look at the 2024 in May/June and unless it knocked our socks off, walk. By that time I will have a good idea on the Volvo. The wife likes the Volvo much more as she likes creature comforts. She don't turn the wrenches lol.  That being said I can flip the Volvo to Grandma as her 2008 RDX is getting way long in tooth. This is a scotch and contemplate problem.

The only other thing is the 2023 has been a floor model for a full year. How many asses have plunked down in that  crosstrek show model in a year?

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2023, 08:02:41 pm »
You sure it’s been on the floor that long? I thought the 2023s only started to show up in the fall?

Pretty sure when I was there last July, the Crosstrek on the floor was black. I opened the door, but never sat in it.  ;)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2023, 08:12:00 pm »
That being said I can flip the Volvo to Grandma as her 2008 RDX is getting way long in tooth.

Looks like if you were going to get a car for Grandma anyway you could get the Crossie and decide between all of you which one to pass on to her

The only other thing is the 2023 has been a floor model for a full year. How many asses have plunked down in that  crosstrek show model in a year?

Think too the 2023's were not out for long. Our 2022 was still there in August. Much for klicks on it? If no one took it to the races in the meantime the showroom wear and tear should be nothing

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2023, 09:15:11 pm »
No KMs on it at all. Just 1000s of farts lol  They are putting a 2023 touring on the floor.

Looks like a moot point anyhow, daughter and wife love the XC. I am ambivalent even though the Crosstrek is likely smarter in long run. Will pass on this one and wait until the Onyx 2024 shows up. If it tickles my fnacy at a price I can't refuse then...maybe..  ;D

I am more gung ho to be putting $$ down on a Aprilla 660 Tuareg and get on that waiting list.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2023, 10:35:35 pm »
No KMs on it at all. Just 1000s of farts lol  They are putting a 2023 touring on the floor.

Looks like a moot point anyhow, daughter and wife love the XC. I am ambivalent even though the Crosstrek is likely smarter in long run. Will pass on this one and wait until the Onyx 2024 shows up. If it tickles my fnacy at a price I can't refuse then...maybe..  ;D

I am more gung ho to be putting $$ down on a Aprilla 660 Tuareg and get on that waiting list.

Good call. Ladies in the house are happy with the XC, leave well enough alone and keep the $.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2023, 07:48:50 am »
When my '22 arrived in early September, she was the last of the breed as the '23s were rolling in. Deliveries started in August I think, so it hasn't sat that long. The Crossie would be a solid 10 year plan with a residual value at the end. You'd have trouble giving away the Volvo with such high km's in our local market. Crossie to KTM and Volvo to Grandma sounded like a good plan.