Author Topic: The car market is turning.  (Read 98443 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: The car market is turning.
« Reply #320 on: March 20, 2023, 02:07:18 pm »

Toyota Canada press release at the time. http://media.toyota.ca/releases/new-options-packages-highlight-the-value-packed-canadian-built-2013-toyota-corolla

Bubba's  LE was the top trim.

My parents added the Upgrade Package which included an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, plus automatic climate control, the Toyota automatic headlamp system, and the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start.

Baller.

Just wait until I put the TRD lowering springs on it.
 :pimp:

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/tkc-turbo-kit-corolla-matrix-09-13/

;D

Are the 1.8 internal parts strong enough for the hp increase?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2023, 02:44:04 pm »

Toyota Canada press release at the time. http://media.toyota.ca/releases/new-options-packages-highlight-the-value-packed-canadian-built-2013-toyota-corolla

My parents added the Upgrade Package which included an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, plus automatic climate control, the Toyota automatic headlamp system, and the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start.

Baller.

Just wait until I put the TRD lowering springs on it.
 :pimp:

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/tkc-turbo-kit-corolla-matrix-09-13/

;D

Are the 1.8 internal parts strong enough for the hp increase?

From reading the website that the turbo kit is sold on, it appears that the stock internals are good for the extra 100hp the turbo provides. 
Important to note that you'd need to purchase another ECU and harness to piggyback onto the existing ECU, as well as bigger injectors. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2023, 07:31:06 pm »
So in the end I’m possibly an owner of a 2013 Volt and a really nice 2008 Yaris. Both well above my comfort level $$$ at a wholesale dealer level. But around here good cars for under $10k are virtually non existent. $2500 is the new $500 beater, and $10,000 is the new $3-5,000 ‘decent’ car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That Yaris is about as frugal and reliable as they come. Even parts from dealer are a joke.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 RS 6 Avant
« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2023, 11:47:57 pm »

I can't remember - is yours the dark grey or Brampton Dad Racing Gold?
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2023, 11:58:40 pm »

I can't remember - is yours the dark grey or Brampton Dad Racing Gold?

Official name is Magnetic Gray Metallic.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2023, 12:38:38 am »
Such a good little car...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2023, 09:33:55 am »
Looks like prices have dropped in the states since last September on certain used cars, 11% & more drop. The #1 on the list certainly backs up what Revelations has been saying.

On the other side of the ledger if you want a premium used car, prices are going up.

https://youtu.be/BheWSoKSTNI

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Ram 1500 Classic, 2014 Highlander Hybrid
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2023, 11:48:29 am »
Looks like prices have dropped in the states since last September on certain used cars, 11% & more drop. The #1 on the list certainly backs up what Revelations has been saying.

On the other side of the ledger if you want a premium used car, prices are going up.

It's a double edge sword.  Dealers base on volume are hurting as nobody wants these interest rates.  People now are fine just fixing their old cars and not going into something new so less on the used market.  Shoppers needing a vehicle goes for reliability or popular models. 

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2023, 01:00:33 am »
Holy crap

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12418
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2023, 07:24:40 am »

Interesting.  I wonder if the S-Class is more of an outlier for used luxury sedans? I don't see that segment rising across the board.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2023, 10:03:35 am »
Had a look at the local Mazda dealer's online inventory, just to see if they had received a CX-90 demo, and while we can't always be sure that the vehicles are indeed available, there are two pages of them, and even two unsold 2022's : an MX-5 GT and a MX-30 GS. That an EV remains unsold in Quebec is very telling of what the market thinks of it...

Amongst the 2023's, not a single Mazda3, a couple of CX-30's, quite a few turbo CX-5's and CX-9's.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2023, 10:19:32 am »
Had a look at the local Mazda dealer's online inventory, just to see if they had received a CX-90 demo, and while we can't always be sure that the vehicles are indeed available, there are two pages of them, and even two unsold 2022's : an MX-5 GT and a MX-30 GS. That an EV remains unsold in Quebec is very telling of what the market thinks of it...

Amongst the 2023's, not a single Mazda3, a couple of CX-30's, quite a few turbo CX-5's and CX-9's.

I was at mazda last month here in Calgary.  There was bit more selection, not as much as the domestic but some.

BTW the new CX-50GT is gorgeous.!

I'm getting more add for deals too.

Infinity  0% financing available.
Chevy 1.49% for 72 months
Grand Cherokee 2023 models 0% for 60 months  (still outrageous MSRP)
new ram 1500 are   up to 10% off msrp and 1.99% available

Ever getting adds for deals on outboards now thanks to Rocket!  ;D

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2023, 02:57:14 pm »
 14 year old toyota 2wd pickup. 14k for something that was 22k originally. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/dartmouth/2009-toyota-tacoma-access-cab-clean-carfax/m6107188?undefined
And this is on the wholesale no inspection as is lot.

The car market is not turning.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2023, 03:05:07 pm »
Wow, base model, 4-cylinder.  Pretty much the least desirable Tacoma out there.

I guess if you're starting a basic lawn maintenance business, it would be good, if not for the price.  Then again, if you want to haul snowblowers around to do winter work, the lack of 4x4 would be a problem. 

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2023, 03:14:33 pm »
let's see how long it stays on kijiji for. 

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2023, 03:19:17 pm »

I guess if you're starting a basic lawn maintenance business, it would be good, if not for the price.  Then again, if you want to haul snowblowers around to do winter work, the lack of 4x4 would be a problem.

I'd be interested. Not at that pricing though.It is what i have now basically. Don't care about 4wd. And it is cheap on gas. There are quite a few of these trucks on the road.

WP some Muppet will pay that price. ::)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2023, 03:21:09 pm »

I'd be interested. Not at that pricing though.It is what i have now basically. Don't care about 4wd. And it is cheap on gas. There are quite a few of these trucks on the road.

The 2.7L was available with 4x4 and a manual.  To me, that was a pretty good spec of truck.  All the stuff you need, but still really basic.

I think my favorite feature of this generation/spec of truck is the parking brake - it's handle in the dash that you pull to enage, then pull/twist to release.  Really old school Toyota truck style.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 03:22:59 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2023, 03:22:25 pm »

lol.  there also the toyota tax and the tacoma tax on this one.  my old boss had one and liked it.  little truck around the house

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 05, 2023, 03:38:08 pm »

The 2.7L was available with 4x4 and a manual.  To me, that was a pretty good spec of truck.  All the stuff you need, but still really basic.

I think my favorite feature of this generation/spec of truck is the parking brake - it's handle in the dash that you pull to enage, then pull/twist to release.  Really old school Toyota truck style.

Yeah , I do  get what you are saying but the 4wd version is heavier than the basic truck. It sucks more gas. Don't get me started on the V6. Fuel mileage and less complication of 2wd are important to me. I know others will disagree.

My Frontier has that type of parking brake. It confuses a lot of people when they borrow my truck.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #339 on: April 05, 2023, 03:52:17 pm »
Bella's Son wrote off his 2010 Mazda 3 on Saturday morning. Only had liability insurance on it since it was basically disposable when he got it back in June 2019. Been trying to find a replacement all week & basically getting the same car as his with maybe a little less mileage is now $5k - $7k asking with work needed! :banghead:

My oldest has his 2011 Mazda 3, again with only liability coverage on it, might get him to look into full coverage now because replacing it for what we paid 2yrs ago is :censor: impossible!