Author Topic: Tesla rear doors don't open in a fire  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
Tesla rear doors don't open in a fire
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2022, 11:54:12 am »
Lol, I have Dyslexia, it wasn't until I googled it I sore the mistake. Now I know what poster means.  ::)

Do you ever use the line "I put the sexy in Dyslexia"?  If so, feel free to use it.  One of my favourite lines ever.

No I have visualization.  ;D

I didn't even know Aphantasia was a thing.

Lots of people don't, just start asking people, you'd be surprised how each of us see's the world differently in our minds eye. Some people think only in visuals, some people only hear music,  while some people are just blank, no initialization either. I have a internal monologue that runs constantly. 

I also have anphantsia, blind in the minds eye only 2 percentage people in the world have it,, have it, most people don't realize they have it, and discoculia.

My wife has Aphantasia as well, only figured it out a couple of years ago.   It explains a lot of weird things, like her lack of a sense of direction,  problems with explaining technical things, but great verbal skills.

It's interesting.

I only realized a few years I thought everyone just pretended. When someone said imagine an apple in yours minds eye, I never sore anything in my minds eye its completely black. I don't dream either, which means I was born with it, it can be caused by head injury and you can still dream, dreams come from the spinal fluid. Basically, I die every night as I pass out into nothingness with no sense of time passing. Books are just words. I have to know where something is before I go, because it can be hard for me to find my way around. Google street view has change that. When some leaves the house they gone forever I can't even visual there voice or even there face. So I will grieve less. I can drawing amazingly well. But I have to know it, rather than imagine it. There are so many things that can that affect me because of my Aphantasia, Like exams, I have to memorize the whole test if it's math's. I feel  that I'm at a disadvantage once I found out and it took me awhile to process it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLaVjozojM

https://psychology.exeter.ac.uk/staff/profile/index.php?web_id=adam_zeman

Lots of great information
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:28:59 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Tesla rear doors don't open in a fire
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2022, 12:30:00 pm »
I also have anphantsia, blind in the minds eye only 2 percentage people in the world have it,, have it, most people don't realize they have it, and discoculia.

My wife has Aphantasia as well, only figured it out a couple of years ago.   It explains a lot of weird things, like her lack of a sense of direction,  problems with explaining technical things, but great verbal skills.

It's interesting.

Does she have a hard time remembering where she parked in large parking lots?  :rofl2:

Actually, yeah, she does.   
For directions she has to have "left on Bayridge, right on Bath Rd",    saying "turn south on Bayridge and east on Bath Rd" means nothing to her.   
She can't picture where towns are in relation to one another when driving in unfamiliar territory.   
She remembers instructions, not so much diagrams or pictures.

She very rarely dreams, when she does she only has a vague recollection that she did.  She can't read sci-fi, which I have tons of, because she can't picture anything that doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:36:14 pm by blur911 »
Mr Pickypants

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2022, 09:55:04 am »
https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/16/tesla_nhtsa_report/

Tesla's automated driver assistance system (ADAS) is coming under fire again, with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reporting two new fatal Tesla accidents in its monthly ADAS crash report.

Since mandatory reporting began in June 2021, the NHTSA has recorded 18 fatal accidents it said involved ADAS systems. All but one report involved a Tesla.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2022, 11:53:45 am »
https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/16/tesla_nhtsa_report/

Tesla's automated driver assistance system (ADAS) is coming under fire again, with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reporting two new fatal Tesla accidents in its monthly ADAS crash report.

Since mandatory reporting began in June 2021, the NHTSA has recorded 18 fatal accidents it said involved ADAS systems. All but one report involved a Tesla.

I have heard and read over the years, we're decades away from having cars that can drive themselves fully. These cars are not full autonomous. yet people think that they are and here lies the problem.

Honda, is pretty high too, not close to Tesla.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2022, 11:33:21 am »