Author Topic: 2023 Toyota Prius  (Read 25136 times)

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Toyota Prius
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2022, 04:56:53 pm »
^^ Saw your post. I want the official price from Toyota.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2022, 04:58:59 pm »
It could be ,but does it include freight and pdi ? Without those numbers it could be more expensive than that. The Toyota Canada site will show those figures. As of yet nothing. I'd rather have the pricing from the horses mouth.
Wow..

That's quite a jump in price.

Which possibly puts the Prime at $50k!!  That's about a 25 percent price jump.

Which is too much for me. I was thinking it might jump to $42k or so (about a $5k jump). But a $10k jump?

I'll keep my reservation until the Prime pricing comes up...but as of now it's a "Nope".

Do you know where you are on the list?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2022, 05:15:44 pm »
Also, the prices that I gave did not include destination, but I would just use the current amounts for the Prius to get a pretty accurate price point.  But again, hard to compare the price and value until we see the equipment and features list to see what was added/subtracted and enhanced.

I believe that Ron is pretty much at the front of that line, maybe 2nd or third on the list.  But that might be specific for the Prime.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2022, 05:35:45 pm »
It could be ,but does it include freight and pdi ? Without those numbers it could be more expensive than that. The Toyota Canada site will show those figures. As of yet nothing. I'd rather have the pricing from the horses mouth.
Wow..

That's quite a jump in price.

Which possibly puts the Prime at $50k!!  That's about a 25 percent price jump.

Which is too much for me. I was thinking it might jump to $42k or so (about a $5k jump). But a $10k jump?

I'll keep my reservation until the Prime pricing comes up...but as of now it's a "Nope".

Do you know where you are on the list?

I posted earlier:

I'm #1 on the wait list at one lot and I'm #2 at another lot for a new Prius Prime. XSE Premium in Red.

One lot required a deposit, the other didn't until MSRP is announced.

So we'll see
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2022, 05:40:46 pm »

Maybe they will have two trim levels for the Prime, in which case the XLE prime would be closer to $45k.  You’d be gaining style, range, power, fuel economy, and AWD.  Plus maybe it’ll qualify for a rebate federally or provincially.

It will probably have a similar rebate to the RAV4 Prime.  So $5,000

Even so....I have a hard time mentally thinking of a $50K Prius....especially when its coming out of my bank account.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2022, 05:51:58 pm »

Maybe they will have two trim levels for the Prime, in which case the XLE prime would be closer to $45k.  You’d be gaining style, range, power, fuel economy, and AWD.  Plus maybe it’ll qualify for a rebate federally or provincially.

Even so....I have a hard time mentally thinking of a $50K Prius....especially when its coming out of my bank account.
If it’s as good and as reliable as one would expect, you likely could spread the cost over a decade plus to justify the outlay.  But if this would jeopardize your future fun car, then hard pass it is.  Keep driving the current Prime until it falls apart and get something special to drive during the summer/nice days.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2022, 06:00:40 pm »

If it’s as good and as reliable as one would expect, you likely could spread the cost over a decade plus to justify the outlay.  But if this would jeopardize your future fun car, then hard pass it is.  Keep driving the current Prime until it falls apart and get something special to drive during the summer/nice days.

That's likely what will happen.

There are some cars worth $50k to me.

A Prius is not one of those.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2022, 07:11:55 pm »

That's likely what will happen.

There are some cars worth $50k to me.

A Prius is not one of those.

No, I don't think many cars are, you could probably could get a cheap deal on this current model. if you can get pass the odd ball styling. TBH, you simple don't need to buy new in the first place.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2022, 07:17:20 pm »

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/about/news/a-stunner-is-born-allnew-2023-toyota-prius-arrives-this-winter

"In Canada, the 2023 Prius will be offered in two grades, XLE AWD and Limited AWD. With a wide selection of available colours including the all-new Cutting Edge and Guardian Gray, as well as Wind Chill Pearl, Black, Supersonic Red or Reservoir Blue. AWD will be standard on both grades.

The 2023 Toyota Prius XLE AWD (starting MSRP: $36,490) comes standard with 19-inch alloy wheels, an 8-inch Toyota Multimedia touchscreen, an 8-way adjustable heated power driver’s seat, SofTex seating and a heated steering wheel. Additional standard features include 6 USB-c ports, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), SofTex steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, smart key, wireless charger and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA).

The 2023 Toyota Prius Limited AWD (starting MSRP: $42,990) includes all standard XLE AWD features and adds a 12.3-inch Toyota multimedia touchscreen, JBL Premium Audio system with 8 speakers, a fixed glass roof, heated and ventilated front seats, a power back door, a Digital Key, a Panoramic View Monitor, Digital Rearview Mirror, heated rear seats, Advanced Park, and Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)."
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2022, 07:26:18 pm »

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/about/news/a-stunner-is-born-allnew-2023-toyota-prius-arrives-this-winter

"In Canada, the 2023 Prius will be offered in two grades, XLE AWD and Limited AWD. With a wide selection of available colours including the all-new Cutting Edge and Guardian Gray, as well as Wind Chill Pearl, Black, Supersonic Red or Reservoir Blue. AWD will be standard on both grades.

The 2023 Toyota Prius XLE AWD (starting MSRP: $36,490) comes standard with 19-inch alloy wheels, an 8-inch Toyota Multimedia touchscreen, an 8-way adjustable heated power driver’s seat, SofTex seating and a heated steering wheel. Additional standard features include 6 USB-c ports, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), SofTex steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, smart key, wireless charger and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA).

The 2023 Toyota Prius Limited AWD (starting MSRP: $42,990) includes all standard XLE AWD features and adds a 12.3-inch Toyota multimedia touchscreen, JBL Premium Audio system with 8 speakers, a fixed glass roof, heated and ventilated front seats, a power back door, a Digital Key, a Panoramic View Monitor, Digital Rearview Mirror, heated rear seats, Advanced Park, and Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)."

So $7K more for the top trim.  That's a stiff ~20% increase.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2022, 07:32:25 pm »

I’d like to see the complete list of new features and upgrades before saying $7k is an unjustified price increase.  I don’t mind paying more if your money gets you equivalent more.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2022, 07:45:16 pm »

I’d like to see the complete list of new features and upgrades before saying $7k is an unjustified price increase.  I don’t mind paying more if your money gets you equivalent more.
Car doesn't seem to have anything my full load Technology has apart from a few baubles and bits...

Certainly nothing "worth" the big price jump

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2022, 08:00:09 pm »
The pricing feels like an extension to Corolla Hybrid pricing.

SE AWD = $29,890
XSE AWD = $34,290

Considering the new Prius has a nicer interior, I get what they are doing.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2022, 11:57:49 pm »

I feel the same way. I mean it is a pretty significant upgrade in styling, power, and I am sure it would make a really nice DD but at $50k it is a stretch. I think I would rather have fun hot hatch for similar money like a Golf R, Civic Type R, Corolla GR etc.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
2023 Toyota Prius
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2022, 12:44:52 am »

Like I said $43k :-)

That’s a lot of $$$$ for a Prius…you can buy quite a few hybrid awd SUVs for that much…!

PHEVs too - Escape and Outlander come to mind…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:48:43 am by EV-Light »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:10 am »

Like I said $43k :-)

That’s a lot of $$$$ for a Prius…you can buy quite a few hybrid awd SUVs for that much…!

PHEVs too - Escape and Outlander come to mind…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You buy a Prius for ultimate MPG...and no hybrid SUV on the market comes close.  Also...dare I say it...the Prius looks better than any hybrid SUV IMO.  Though I have a low regard to SUV styling in general. Someone who wants a Prius probably wants a sedan.

As far as pricing, you can't get the base PHEV Outlander for $43K.  Base MSRP is $46k.  Ditto the PHEV Escape at $45.5k.  The base Prime should be around that $45K mark if we're talking PHEV.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 05:38:36 am by rrocket »

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2022, 10:38:23 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbr601sJFOE  <--Alex on Autos,  full on review 27 Minutes.   

Odd the Styrofoam, surely it doesn't come that way for the hatch. You can still bump start from the boot, if you get a flat battery.

$28850 is what the Prius, starts at, around $38,000 in our money.

Offline ngorongoro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2022, 12:28:59 pm »
I predict at least a 20 percent price increase over the outgoing model.
If you mean MSRP, I highly doubt it'll jump that much.  You'd be looking at $6K-$7K+ increase and I just don't see that happening.  I'd predict under 10% increase in price.

Funny that now you are saying a 20% price increase is justified if features are added.
23 Mazda CX-5 Past - 15 Volvo XC60 T6, 16.5 Mazda CX-5, 07 Honda Ridgeline, 13 Police Interceptor, 15 VW Golf, 12 Mazda3, 10 MX-5, 07 4Runner, 08 Mazda3, 10 Suzuki Swift, 08 MX-5, 08 Mini Cooper, 07 Mazda3, 01 Nissan Altima, 98 Pontiac Grand Prix, 84 Mazda RX-7, 93 Eagle Talon, 91 VW Jetta

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2022, 01:29:03 pm »
Car and Driver says 15.5 @ 92 in the quarter.  More than adequate, imho.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2022, 01:34:26 pm »
Car and Driver says 15.5 @ 92 in the quarter.  More than adequate, imho.

It doesn't surprise me that this is the most important stat for you to look up on the new Prius. ;D