Author Topic: Testing Range – and Resolve – in the 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV  (Read 1595 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Testing Range – and Resolve – in the 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV
« on: November 07, 2022, 11:36:35 am »
Exploring the real-world limits of this EV’s battery returned worrying results.
Read more...

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
Re: Testing Range – and Resolve – in the 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 08:40:03 am »
I'm in the same car this week (different colour, identical specs) but not doing major highway km's. Basic commuting with some urban highways thrown in. As with a gas car, I'll only charge it at the end of the week - zero stress. Well, except for keeping my hands on my knees and trusting SuperCruise in urban traffic and highway sweepers - and between trucks. But it works!
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:47:01 am »
I'm in the same car this week (different colour, identical specs) but not doing major highway km's. Basic commuting with some urban highways thrown in. As with a gas car, I'll only charge it at the end of the week - zero stress. Well, except for keeping my hands on my knees and trusting SuperCruise in urban traffic and highway sweepers - and between trucks. But it works!
What are you impressions of it so far?  Worth the cost of admission?

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 08:55:05 am »

Having Bolt and Bolt EUV makes as much sense as having the CX-5 and CX-50 share a showroom. I just sent in my Bolt review, and the EUV drives pretty much the same. I really like this duo, they are super-smooth commuters with tons of power (0-60 in 6.5 s) and surprising refinement. As they stand, the Bolt is one trim only with a single option (different alloy wheels). The EUV has various trims and multiple options. My nod goes to the original Bolt - it's a modern 327 Chevy II. Cheap, quick and still has the essential content. The Bose, blue leather and pano roof in the EUV add to its premium feeling, but the original looks better.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:56:53 am »

2nd question - without a doubt. The Bolt would have been cheaper to buy than my Crosstrek, and would have made me very happy, but delays... The EUV's value depends on how much options you pile on - it can get pricey for what it is.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 09:43:42 am »

2nd question - without a doubt. The Bolt would have been cheaper to buy than my Crosstrek, and would have made me very happy, but delays... The EUV's value depends on how much options you pile on - it can get pricey for what it is.
Nice.  I'm going to assume that the upcoming Equinox EV will blow both of these out of the water for not a crazy amount more money. 

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 09:48:11 am »

Nice.  I'm going to assume that the upcoming Equinox EV will blow both of these out of the water for not a crazy amount more money.

I'm still :fall: when I think of the prices GM put out there for the Equinox - starting at $35k CDN before pdi. That's cheaper than the base Bolt !!

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 09:52:54 am »

I'm still :fall: when I think of the prices GM put out there for the Equinox - starting at $35k CDN before pdi. That's cheaper than the base Bolt !!
Yup, and you know it'll have upgrades over the Bolt simply because it's newer.  I believe it's quite a bit bigger as well.