Author Topic: 2023 Toyota Crown Returns to Canada as a High-Performance Hybrid Sedan  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Toyota Crown Returns to Canada as a High-Performance Hybrid Sedan
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2022, 11:43:55 pm »
Hard to tell how it will do. The ZDX was a failure, the original Venza sold well in Canada but poorly in the US, while the Outback and Crosstrek do extremely well, decimating their non raised predecessors

The ZDX and Venza were ahead of their time.  Would sell like hot cakes now.  FWIW, Acura is bringing the ZDX back as an EV.

Not so sure about the ZDX, but in our neighborhood it seemed every third driveway had a Venza on it at one time. Brother in law has one and just loves it, this type of thing might make a good replacement

Yeah, comparatively speaking, the ZDX was a sales failure to be sure

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2022, 11:57:05 pm »
Hard to tell how it will do. The ZDX was a failure, the original Venza sold well in Canada but poorly in the US, while the Outback and Crosstrek do extremely well, decimating their non raised predecessors

The ZDX and Venza were ahead of their time.  Would sell like hot cakes now.  FWIW, Acura is bringing the ZDX back as an EV.

Not so sure about the ZDX, but in our neighborhood it seemed every third driveway had a Venza on it at one time. Brother in law has one and just loves it, this type of thing might make a good replacement

For some reason I totally digged that car and by all accounts wasn't terrible or anything.

Just looked different...but had good guts.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2022, 01:23:06 am »

For some reason I totally digged that car and by all accounts wasn't terrible or anything.

Then they cancelled it and the Germans all came out with the 4 door suv coupes and they sold like crazy.  Go figure.

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2022, 08:43:56 am »
The ZDX had very tight rear seats, especially when compared to an MDX.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-777
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2022, 08:51:00 am »

Then they cancelled it and the Germans all came out with the 4 door suv coupes and they sold like crazy.  Go figure.

Well, the BMW X6 came out a couple of years before the ZDX did. The X6 is still fairly niche but I think what's kind of impressive is how consistently they've sold over the years - between 4000 and 8000 a year in the U.S., with the lowest sales coming right before a new generation comes out.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +171/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2023, 11:39:33 am »
It seems to be a trend. Behold the new 2023 Citroën C4 X:

Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

AdamAlexander

This is a very good car and locks break very often in it.