Author Topic: 2024 Honda Accord  (Read 22683 times)

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Re: 2024 Honda Accord leaked Images
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2022, 11:34:09 am »
I like it. Only wish the front overhang was shorter.

Yeah for sure. At 195 inches in length this is a pretty big car. Too big for us.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2022, 02:04:13 pm »
I like it. Only wish the front overhang was shorter.

Yeah for sure. At 195 inches in length this is a pretty big car. Too big for us.

Would still fit in my garage but it's nearly the length of my former Genesis sedan, which was 196.3", so yeah, it will be fun to parallel park downtown T.O.  :P
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2023, 07:46:47 am »
Prices are out for the Accord state side. The Accord does look dated, well more conservatives perhaps.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-honda-accord-price-msrp-epa-fuel-economy-mpg/

2023 Honda Accord LX: $28,390
2023 Honda Accord EX: $30,705
2023 Honda Accord Sport Hybrid: $32,990
2023 Honda Accord EX-L Hybrid: $34,635
2023 Honda Accord Sport-L Hybrid: $34,970
2023 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid: $38,985

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
Re: 2024 Honda Accord
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2023, 08:51:26 am »
I won't be surprised if for Canada they lower the amount of trim levels for the Accord.  I'm not sure the Accord will be around for a generation after this one, at least not with an ICE.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2023, 10:42:05 am »
I won't be surprised if for Canada they lower the amount of trim levels for the Accord.  I'm not sure the Accord will be around for a generation after this one, at least not with an ICE.

Honda, maybe already working on it the electric version. I really have trouble with this electric future, just seems so stupid.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2023, 10:44:38 am »

Honda, maybe already working on it the electric version. I really have trouble with this electric future, just seems so stupid.

I tend to agree, but then I hate all change, so I'm not the best judge of these things.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:52 am »
If the current generation of electric vehicles  is as good as it gets, I agree. Same for the charging infrastructure.

That said, for a daily driver they are pretty much there.  For towing the boat to remote lakes, not even close.

But I expect the next generations will have a big increase in usability and infrastructure.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2023, 11:20:16 am »
If the current generation of electric vehicles  is as good as it gets, I agree. Same for the charging infrastructure.

That said, for a daily driver they are pretty much there.  For towing the boat to remote lakes, not even close.

But I expect the next generations will have a big increase in usability and infrastructure.

I certainly expect them to get better.  ICE cars are certainly a lot better now than they were even just twenty years ago - More power with greater efficiency, more comfort, etc.  And cars from twenty years ago were significantly better than cars from forty years ago. 

EV"s have also gotten a lot better over even the past decade.  If we look at affordable mainstream, we went from the OG Nissan Leaf having 160km of range 12 years ago, for ~40 000CAD - to nowadays having something like the Chevrolet Bolt with 417km.  And it's the same price that the Leaf was a decade ago.  When you factor in inflation, the Bolt is actually cheaper than the Leaf was, and has 2.6x the range.  That is some definite improvement.

I'll still rag on electric Pick-up trucks like the Lightning, though.  Why by an EV truck when it can't do normal truck things.  Might as well get a regular car (like a Mach-E) which will get better efficiency per kwh. 

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2023, 11:36:18 am »
That said, for a daily driver they are pretty much there

Yeah, they would have sold a lot of electrics or plug in hybrids this year if there had been availability

Was just thinking how nice the cabin pre warming feature would have been for commuting this winter. And being able to ignore the crazy swings in gas prices would have been sweet

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2023, 11:39:11 am »

Yeah, they would have sold a lot of electrics or plug in hybrids this year if there had been availability

Was just thinking how nice the cabin pre warming feature would have been for commuting this winter. And being able to ignore the crazy swings in gas prices would have been sweet

Cabin pre-warming while not burning gas has to be the single best feature of an EV, IMO.  It would be awesome to set a schedule - I leave my house at 6:15AM on weekdays, setting the car up to start pre-warming at 6AM so that the windows are clear and interior is comfortable would be so awesome.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2023, 11:55:45 am »
You guys know that you can buy interior preheaters.  I know that Canadian Tire used to sell one and some manufacturers offer them as dealer installed options.  We have one for our CR-V, it is wired into the same plug in as the block heater.  We have a blocker heater timer set up so that both kick in 1 hour before we go to work and it's enough to bring up the temperature for both the engine and the interior.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2023, 03:05:59 pm »

Cabin pre-warming while not burning gas has to be the single best feature of an EV, IMO.  It would be awesome to set a schedule - I leave my house at 6:15AM on weekdays, setting the car up to start pre-warming at 6AM so that the windows are clear and interior is comfortable would be so awesome.
If it's proper cold out, it doesn't do jack in my Prius.

I think it would work if the car was parked in the garage.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2023, 03:12:49 pm »
I prefer using the vehicles engine for 15 minutes.  New ICE vehicle engines heat up so quickly these days.  No way I am boring a hole in a $70K to $80K new vehicle's firewall and having a bulky electric heater lying on the passenger foot space.  I've never had a vehicle fire, but if one did occur and they spotted that wiring it would be a very expensive boobaru.

The MDX is probably the best for remote start of what I have.  First the remote has a light that tells you if the remote start was successful.  Then the windshield de-icer under the front blades comes on.  As well as the rear window, both mirrors, both seat heaters and the steering wheel.  Ridiculous considering what it used to be like.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2023, 04:31:29 pm »

I prefer using the vehicles engine for 15 minutes.  New ICE vehicle engines heat up so quickly these days.  No way I am boring a hole in a $70K to $80K new vehicle's firewall and having a bulky electric heater lying on the passenger foot space.  I've never had a vehicle fire, but if one did occur and they spotted that wiring it would be a very expensive boobaru.

The MDX is probably the best for remote start of what I have.  First the remote has a light that tells you if the remote start was successful.  Then the windshield de-icer under the front blades comes on.  As well as the rear window, both mirrors, both seat heaters and the steering wheel.  Ridiculous considering what it used to be like.

My Passport does all of the above except the part about the light on the remote letting me know the start was successful. Luckily I can see the car from my front door & can see the lights flashing to let me know it started. Needed it today with the layer of ice we had from the freezing rain, was stupid easy to clean off after 10mins of idling.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2023, 05:31:35 pm »

My Passport does all of the above except the part about the light on the remote letting me know the start was successful. Luckily I can see the car from my front door & can see the lights flashing to let me know it started. Needed it today with the layer of ice we had from the freezing rain, was stupid easy to clean off after 10mins of idling.

The lorry I have has a Webasto. ;)

Getting back to the Accord, this car is pretty big too. Accord, 195.7 x 73.3 x 57.1 inches  vs Camry, 192.1-192.7 x 72.4 x 56.9 inches. Also there's not much in it, with the fuel economy with the 1.5T, I think rather the Camry's, 2.5 over the 1.5T. Not only that, i think I'd prefer the Camry's lookS. Lets face it, Honda, are bit pants these days.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2023, 05:41:24 pm »

Getting back to the Accord, this car is pretty big too. Accord, 195.7 x 73.3 x 57.1 inches  vs Camry, 192.1-192.7 x 72.4 x 56.9 inches. Also there's not much in it, with the fuel economy with the 1.5T, I think rather the Camry's, 2.5 over the 1.5T. Not only that, i think I'd prefer the Camry's lookS. Lets face it, Honda, are bit pants these days.
Driving dynamics and interior are two reasons someone might pick the Accord over the Camry

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2023, 05:52:24 pm »

Driving dynamics and interior are two reasons someone might pick the Accord over the Camry
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Camry driving dynamics for the average segment buyer. And the enthusiast buyer who might care might not be looking at these anyways. And if they did the Toyota with the V6 and conventional tranny would edge out the 4 banger and CVT of the Honda IMO.

You would have had a point...20 years ago. :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2023, 06:23:32 pm »

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Camry driving dynamics for the average segment buyer. And the enthusiast buyer who might care might not be looking at these anyways. And if they did the Toyota with the V6 and conventional tranny would edge out the 4 banger and CVT of the Honda IMO.

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with the Camry dynamics, it’s certainly closer to the Accord in that regard than it ever has in the past, but the Accord is still a little better, at least as far as sporty handling.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2023, 06:40:13 pm »

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with the Camry dynamics, it’s certainly closer to the Accord in that regard than it ever has in the past, but the Accord is still a little better, at least as far as sporty handling.
I think it's worse overall re 4 banger and CVT.

Whatever minute advantage people think it might have in handling...it loses it all in powertrain vs the V6

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2023, 07:13:44 pm »
Getting back to the Accord, this car is pretty big too. Accord, 195.7 x 73.3 x 57.1 inches  vs Camry, 192.1-192.7 x 72.4 x 56.9 inches

Accord is Avalon sized now, interesting design choice

Avalon: 195.9 X 72.8 X 56.5