Author Topic: Johnny's Famous Canadian Made Pumpkin Si  (Read 20874 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Johnny's Famous Canadian Made Pumpkin Si
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2022, 12:22:33 pm »
It's kinda funny, because we give Ron all kinds of crap for the quality (or lack thereof) of his photos - but as it turns out, Ron is THE benchmark for automotive photography on this forum...  :rofl2:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2022, 12:26:35 pm »
Benchmark? More like baseline. 
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
Last thing I'll say is that I have watched a lot of reviews of this vehicle, mostly American.  They all seem to rave about the handling and feeling of the vehicle.  Some even say it's a FWD equivalent of the BRZ/86 and I'd say they are likely close with that comparison.  This car is light for modern day vehicles at only 2,950 lbs, and still fairly cheap at around $33K MSRP.  This gets very good fuel mileage, has a fantastic clutch and shifter, it handles extremely well, and it's practical enough to do the family thing.  This would be a great choice for a car enthusiast one vehicle, similar to the GLI/GTI in that sense.

This will be my 3rd brand new manual performance vehicle in the past 7 years.  I'm fully on board the #savethemanuals bandwagon.  All you cheap buggers who only buy used should be giving people like me a big thumbs up for adding these to the pool of cars that you can choose from on the used market.  I'll be adding another new manual performance car to the pool in 3 years time too, so that'll be 4 added in 10 years.  So I'm doing my part.

Looks nice! The lightness is very impressive, essentially the same weight as my 15 year old SI but in a much larger package, many more features and better safety. Hope you have many happy years of trouble free motoring.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2022, 01:18:36 pm »
Last thing I'll say is that I have watched a lot of reviews of this vehicle, mostly American.  They all seem to rave about the handling and feeling of the vehicle.  Some even say it's a FWD equivalent of the BRZ/86 and I'd say they are likely close with that comparison.  This car is light for modern day vehicles at only 2,950 lbs, and still fairly cheap at around $33K MSRP.  This gets very good fuel mileage, has a fantastic clutch and shifter, it handles extremely well, and it's practical enough to do the family thing.  This would be a great choice for a car enthusiast one vehicle, similar to the GLI/GTI in that sense.

This will be my 3rd brand new manual performance vehicle in the past 7 years.  I'm fully on board the #savethemanuals bandwagon.  All you cheap buggers who only buy used should be giving people like me a big thumbs up for adding these to the pool of cars that you can choose from on the used market.  I'll be adding another new manual performance car to the pool in 3 years time too, so that'll be 4 added in 10 years.  So I'm doing my part.

Looks nice! The lightness is very impressive, essentially the same weight as my 15 year old SI but in a much larger package, many more features and better safety. Hope you have many happy years of trouble free motoring.
Thanks bud, I'm part of your community now.  The last time we owned something this light was back early 00's with one of those 2 door Saturn (not the Ion) cars. 

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2022, 01:20:58 pm »
Well the dealer didn't take long to list my old GLI.  They are certainly being aggressive with the list price.  I'm thinking the used car guy doesn't want it to sell too quickly so he can drive it for awhile.

https://www.hawkesburyhonda.ca/used/2020-Volkswagen-Jetta-id8776384.html

I would not buy it for that amount.  Oh and if you were wondering, when I traded it in, they gave me $32,570 for it, original MSRP was something like $31,500.  This market is just crazy, glad I took advantage of it.  Now I just need things to calm the F down so that 3 years from now a top spec Mustang GT isn't $60K+.

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2022, 01:21:11 pm »
Congrats on the new ride! Was catching up on old episodes of EverydayDriver on Youtube the other day and saw their review of this.  Extremely positive.  Same colour as yours! Link if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuUNGtXVQo&ab_channel=TestDrive

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2022, 01:25:06 pm »
Well the dealer didn't take long to list my old GLI.  They are certainly being aggressive with the list price.  I'm thinking the used car guy doesn't want it to sell too quickly so he can drive it for awhile.

I would not buy it for that amount.  Oh and if you were wondering, when I traded it in, they gave me $32,570 for it, original MSRP was something like $31,500.  This market is just crazy, glad I took advantage of it.  Now I just need things to calm the F down so that 3 years from now a top spec Mustang GT isn't $60K+.

Pretty sure they already are $60k, no?

Congrats on the Si, it looks great. I'll be keeping an eye out for you around town.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2022, 01:25:16 pm »
I took some pics with the neighbours current gen Accord so you can see the size difference.  There really is not much.  It’s a bit wider and a bit longer but not much.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 01:31:19 pm by JohnnyMac »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2022, 01:26:32 pm »
Congrats on the new ride! Was catching up on old episodes of EverydayDriver on Youtube the other day and saw their review of this.  Extremely positive.  Same colour as yours! Link if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuUNGtXVQo&ab_channel=TestDrive
Yeah I've pretty much watched all the reviews on this current generation Civic Si.  Most are pretty positive of it, other than all the lack of features in the US and the price increase.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2022, 01:30:12 pm »

Pretty sure they already are $60k, no?

Congrats on the Si, it looks great. I'll be keeping an eye out for you around town.
Ha, you are correct sir.  Man the prices have gone up a lot on these things, just priced it out and came to just over $67K for the one I'd want  ::).  Maybe I'll end up with a Nissan Z instead if they are priced better with similar performance.  Thanks for the kind words.  I'm sure I won't be the only one with an Orange Si in town, I fully expect this color and model to be popular.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 01:34:00 pm by JohnnyMac »

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2022, 01:33:13 pm »
I took some pics with the neighbours current gen Accord so you can see the size difference.  There really is not much.  It’s a bit wider and a bit longer but not much.

Yeah, we saw lots of this gen Civic on the way to the coast and I'm always surprised with how big it appears. Nice look to it, for me the most attractive Civic design in quite a while

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2022, 01:35:29 pm »

Yeah, we saw lots of this gen Civic on the way to the coast and I'm always surprised with how big it appears. Nice look to it, for me the most attractive Civic design in quite a while

I'd say it's probably one of the most conservative Civics ever made, but then again I expect it'll age well similar to VW's.  I don't have any delusions on how attractive it is, the color does a lot to spice it up a bit.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2022, 04:58:46 pm »
The Accord and The Civic, are almost the same size, this car is a midsize to me. This civic will date well with non offensive design, just blends in.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2022, 05:05:07 pm »
The Accord and The Civic, are almost the same size, this car is a midsize to me. This civic will date well with non offensive design, just blends in.

The Accord is almost 9 inches longer. I'd say that is more than almost the same size.

192.1 vs 183.3 inches.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2022, 06:41:10 pm »

The Accord is almost 9 inches longer. I'd say that is more than almost the same size.

192.1 vs 183.3 inches.
You know it’s funny but when I see these on the road I first think it’s an Accord but then I realize it’s just a bit smaller and styled differently.  I think the Accord is quite a bit roomier inside.  If there is a next generation for North America I can only imagine how big it’ll be.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2022, 07:44:53 pm »
Congrats!

Funny, I was just watching a review of this car on YouTube last night (Cdn guys. Yuri with the glasses. Straight Pipes, I think?) For whatever reason, this car just hasn’t been on my radar, but the review had me intrigued. Love the looks (inside and out) and the colour, and seems like a great car.

Pretty sure I’d choose it over a GLI/GTI these days. Enjoy!

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2022, 08:02:12 pm »
Congratulations! This generation looks much nicer than the previous one.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2022, 08:46:33 pm »
Nice ride!!

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2022, 10:44:21 pm »
Last pic.

Brilliant colour and congrats.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2022, 07:11:06 am »
Congrats!

Funny, I was just watching a review of this car on YouTube last night (Cdn guys. Yuri with the glasses. Straight Pipes, I think?) For whatever reason, this car just hasn’t been on my radar, but the review had me intrigued. Love the looks (inside and out) and the colour, and seems like a great car.

Pretty sure I’d choose it over a GLI/GTI these days. Enjoy!
Obviously the GLI/GTI are very good vehicles also.  These days I feel like they are more balanced towards luxury than sporty.  But if you put those in sport/race mode they can definitely do the sports thing well.  This Honda is less flexible in that sense, even in regular mode (not even sure why this has modes, it's literally just steering and throttle sensitivity) it's very sporty with stiff suspension and heavy steering. 

I can't think of a better compact performance vehicle that offers this much feel, personality, practicality, and fuel mileage.  I'm really enjoying it so far, but I don't want to gush over what is essentially just a mildly fast Civic.