Author Topic: Surprise Outback  (Read 6068 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: Surprise Outback
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2022, 10:37:06 am »
That looks minty for a Subaru of that age and mileage! Good find.

Our Outback VDC is two years older but a much nicer car, 50hp more with a smooth engine, McIntosh stereo, leather,  better HVAC controls, fake wood, soundproofing.

But this one isn't missing a rear bumper and the brakes work....so there's that.
Driving them I always feel like I'm in a 7/8 scale model of a car, it's just made for shorter people, much like our Miata.
Fine for my wife, but I sit a little too high.

Bingo. Mazda and Subaru are the worst.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2022, 10:40:28 am »
Heck of a deal. That would be worth cash out here. A true unicorn if its never been waped in.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2022, 11:24:02 am »
Hard to fault a deal like that! There's a kid in the neighborhood, near The Hire actually, who has an older one of these that he's been piecing together from multiple parts cars. It's an absolute derelict Frankenstein looking machine, but he's kept it on the road for at least 4 years now

I saw this thing the other day -- it's actually a Legacy turbo wagon and not an Outback. I was behind him going over the train tracks the other week and he went over so fast, smashed the frame on the drop and let out a spark show behind him.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2022, 11:54:24 am »
Hard to fault a deal like that! There's a kid in the neighborhood, near The Hire actually, who has an older one of these that he's been piecing together from multiple parts cars. It's an absolute derelict Frankenstein looking machine, but he's kept it on the road for at least 4 years now

I saw this thing the other day -- it's actually a Legacy turbo wagon and not an Outback. I was behind him going over the train tracks the other week and he went over so fast, smashed the frame on the drop and let out a spark show behind him.

Those cars are the most fun.   The cheaper the better.
Mr Pickypants