Author Topic: Rossi officially retired  (Read 769 times)

Online rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Rossi officially retired
« on: November 14, 2021, 08:46:56 pm »
Well today was Valentino Rossi's last race of his extraordinary career and what is surely one of the most difficult and dangerous forms of motorsport.

What an amazing career...am going to miss him.

Am hopeful he continues and races cars (he's already had success on 4 wheels) because he's such a fun character. Might even see him in the 24 Hours of LeMans.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
Re: Rossi officially retired
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 08:24:37 am »
What an unreal career, can't imagine many other Moto GP riders have been that successful for that long.

Where does he stand in the GOAT conversation?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Online rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: Rossi officially retired
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 02:50:49 pm »
What an unreal career, can't imagine many other Moto GP riders have been that successful for that long.

Where does he stand in the GOAT conversation?
Oh he's the GOAT far and away.

After winning 3 titles in a row with Honda, there was speculation that it was the bike rather than Rossi. That influenced his decision to leave. And he left for Yamaha, which wasn't a super competitive bike at that time...at last compared to the Honda. He defended his title and won the championship in a different make...a very rare accomplishment. He then went on to defend and win 3 more titles with Yamaha.

I can only imagine how many titles he would have won had he just stayed with Honda.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:58:33 pm by rrocket »