Author Topic: Calgary Member to look at car?  (Read 12359 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Calgary Member to look at car?
« on: October 11, 2021, 09:02:35 pm »
Not a show and shine yet, but could be! I’m looking at a 2015 Audi TTS Competition on AutoTrader which is in Calgary. Anyone here from Calgary who knows me and can look at it? I’m getting warm and fuzzies but I want to be sure before I proceed.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: Calgary Member to look at car?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 01:24:48 am »
Oh normally I would but have ben up to my eyeballs in field operations right now. The TTS huh?

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 06:54:47 am »
I've been in touch with the "agent" who is a neighbour of the lady selling the car. Seems legit.  She says that her neighbour can't sell the car herself since she's immune compromised after a long bout recovering from cancer.  Sad and happy story at the same time. I just need to know that the car exists and that the story behind it jives before I make an offer and (maybe eventually) make arrangements to go out to Calgary to drive it home.

Offline ianmcc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 07:23:32 am »
Its listed on Kijiji and the ad has a Carfax available.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2015-audi-tts-49430km/1586230432?undefined

Could possibly go look at it for you but Friday at the earliest.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 09:56:37 am »
@ianmcc.  Yes, that's the one.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 10:26:17 am »
You could also try PM'ing aquadorhj in case he doesn't see this thread.  He's in Calgary.

Is wongpong in Calgary also?  Or Edmonton?
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 10:46:53 am »
You could also try PM'ing aquadorhj in case he doesn't see this thread.  He's in Calgary.

^this as he's not always participating in the discussion board, but he does reply to PM's, as I reached out to him before I bought my SLK.
You live everyday. You only die once....

ltruong

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 11:01:02 am »
I'm in Calgary.  find out which neighborhood it's in

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 11:13:07 am »
See the map attached.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

ltruong

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 11:56:17 am »
See the map attached.
Railton

sometime people move the cursor a bit to be off their neighbor hood or it shows near downtown by default.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 06:07:42 pm »

Is wongpong in Calgary also?  Or Edmonton?
I dealt with aqua before, and forgot the was in Calgary. I have pm’d him. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline ianmcc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 10:39:23 pm »
FYI I am also in Calgary.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 07:22:50 am »
I am blown away! Not only did @aquadorhj reach out to me right away when I PM'd me, but he went out to the seller's house the same evening. And if that isn't enough, he read the codes on the car, took it out for a drive and also found the time to write a very comprehensive report about the car.  Thank you so much!  This is a great community and it keeps giving even after all these years.  @aquadorhj, I owe you several of your favourite libations!  :)

Overall, it looks like there's some what I like to call benign neglect going on with this car.  At only 49K, it's hardly been driven, but the lady who owns it let a couple of things go wrong without fixing them:  Head unit is U/S and shows just the boot screen, for example.  Eventually and after 5 minutes it revives itself.  Tires (both summers and winters) are shot, chips on the windshield x 2.  2 engine codes which sound like knock sensors according to the interwebs.  Anyway, she's going to take it to the dealership for a diagnosis and it will give me time to think about whether to make an offer on it.  I know these cars well and nothing so far in @aquadorhj 's report makes me worry but I'm not going to go all the way out to Calgary to drive the car back to Ottawa without getting it at a fire sale price.

Thanks again!

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 08:53:22 am »
Well done aquadorhj
Railton

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 10:28:13 am »
I am blown away! Not only did @aquadorhj reach out to me right away when I PM'd me, but he went out to the seller's house the same evening. And if that isn't enough, he read the codes on the car, took it out for a drive and also found the time to write a very comprehensive report about the car.  Thank you so much!  This is a great community and it keeps giving even after all these years.  @aquadorhj, I owe you several of your favourite libations!  :)

Overall, it looks like there's some what I like to call benign neglect going on with this car.  At only 49K, it's hardly been driven, but the lady who owns it let a couple of things go wrong without fixing them:  Head unit is U/S and shows just the boot screen, for example.  Eventually and after 5 minutes it revives itself.  Tires (both summers and winters) are shot, chips on the windshield x 2.  2 engine codes which sound like knock sensors according to the interwebs.  Anyway, she's going to take it to the dealership for a diagnosis and it will give me time to think about whether to make an offer on it.  I know these cars well and nothing so far in @aquadorhj 's report makes me worry but I'm not going to go all the way out to Calgary to drive the car back to Ottawa without getting it at a fire sale price.

Thanks again!

Awesome to hear....Great community here. I bet that head unit screen issue is a low battery in the car, in a lot of cars the touchscreen is the first thing that starts acting wonky when the battery is getting low.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 10:31:12 am »
Offers from ianmcc and wongpong as well  8)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 10:34:23 am »
Offers from ianmcc and wongpong as well  8)
Yup!  And ktm525 would likely have gone to look at it, too.  You guys are great! :flowers: :bounce: :winner: :iagree:

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:33 am »
Yeah sorry I am busy. I have some morons in the field that need babysitting.  Perhaps I should make a lowball offer on this thing. It will do one of two things...I will get car I can sell to you OR it will make your offer seem reasonable.  ;D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41:09 am »

Awesome!
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 12:00:05 pm »
I'm curious to hear if they come down much in price, the ad gives the impression they won't