Author Topic: 2023 C8 Z06  (Read 22417 times)

Online JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
Re: 2023 C8 Z06
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2021, 08:55:17 pm »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2021, 07:36:13 am »
What....A....Beast!

It is expected to do the quarter mile in the mid 10's.  It will be at the top of all performance metrics for production cars.

And yet I would rather have a Cayman GT4.
I think if I had a fun manual car beside the Vette I'd likely choose the Z06 over a Cayman GT4 or Lotus Emira.  But if I only had one fun car, it pretty much has to offer a manual, so that would exclude all C8 Vettes.

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 10:25:14 am »
There's a very basic (without pricing) configurator here https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/upcoming-vehicles/2023-corvette-z06

What a beast of a car, the wide body improves the looks from some angles to my eyes.  If they price it as they have in the past it definitely makes a compelling package to the competition.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 10:45:07 am »
There's a very basic (without pricing) configurator here https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/upcoming-vehicles/2023-corvette-z06

What a beast of a car, the wide body improves the looks from some angles to my eyes.  If they price it as they have in the past it definitely makes a compelling package to the competition.
I would expect it to be more than the previous generation Z06, but likely not a crazy amount.  I'd say under $10K more, and likely closer to only $5K more.  There are people in the states (and likely in Canada) who have deposits on this vehicle that they placed in 2019, and they won't be getting their car till at least summer/fall of 2022.

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 10:53:51 am »

I would expect it to be more than the previous generation Z06, but likely not a crazy amount.  I'd say under $10K more, and likely closer to only $5K more.  There are people in the states (and likely in Canada) who have deposits on this vehicle that they placed in 2019, and they won't be getting their car till at least summer/fall of 2022.

Agreed, I think the spread between the base Stingray and base Z06 will be similar as it's been in the past, $25-30k, putting the Z06 likely not far under $100k here.  Sounds like there's a larger # of expensive options though, so I think a $150k MSRP won't be difficult to get to for a loaded one

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2021, 11:15:05 am »

Agreed, I think the spread between the base Stingray and base Z06 will be similar as it's been in the past, $25-30k, putting the Z06 likely not far under $100k here.  Sounds like there's a larger # of expensive options though, so I think a $150k MSRP won't be difficult to get to for a loaded one
For sure, I think just the regular C8 can be optioned well over $100K, so expect the Z06 to be that much more as they'll have the option for those carbon fiber wheels, which have got to be pricy.  But considering how much performance you'll get out of it, it's a freaking bargain. 

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2021, 11:58:34 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6p5vlAWEs

The engine. (Engineering Explained)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:51 pm »
The mark up on these will be $20 to $30K easy.
Oh here we go again.  Reality check, there is a list of dealers in the states that sell at MSRP and here in Canada it's the same.  Shop around, sure you might have to wait longer, but it IS possible to buy at MSRP.  I will state that you are correct that SOME dealers will expect a big markup, but by no means is it all dealers.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2021, 01:38:39 pm »
Oh here we go again.  Reality check, there is a list of dealers in the states that sell at MSRP and here in Canada it's the same.  Shop around, sure you might have to wait longer, but it IS possible to buy at MSRP.  I will state that you are correct that SOME dealers will expect a big markup, but by no means is it all dealers.

Every dealer in Alberta was (and is) charging  ADM on regular C8's.  You cannot currently buy one at MSRP in Alberta.  I can't comment on other provinces.

I appreciate your GM nut hugging but dealers are a funny bunch.  The ZO6 will be worse given its limited manufacture.
Admin charges of $20-$30K?  That's excessive.  I know in the states it's much easier to add mark ups but in Canada they have to do it differently.

Online JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2021, 02:01:11 pm »
What....A....Beast!

It is expected to do the quarter mile in the mid 10's.  It will be at the top of all performance metrics for production cars.

I think if I had a fun manual car beside the Vette I'd likely choose the Z06 over a Cayman GT4 or Lotus Emira.  But if I only had one fun car, it pretty much has to offer a manual, so that would exclude all C8 Vettes.

But the Z06 is supposed to be your fun car. 2 fun cars? High roller...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2021, 02:01:27 pm »

Every dealer in Alberta was (and is) charging  ADM on regular C8's.  You cannot currently buy one at MSRP in Alberta.  I can't comment on other provinces.

I appreciate your GM nut hugging but dealers are a funny bunch.  The ZO6 will be worse given its limited manufacture.
Just so you know I got word that a former member from this forum has a deposit on a Z06 at MSRP, and he has a friend who has a deposit on a Blackwing again at MSRP.

And just to get it straight, I'm not "nut hugging" GM dealers, I'd say the same thing about a Porsche GT4, Mustang GT500, etc.  I'm not really a GM fan for the most part, but I do admit that the C8 Vette and the Blackwings are mighty impressive.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2021, 02:03:18 pm »
What....A....Beast!

Well I'd say the majority of people who buy a car like the Z06 have multiple cars.  I would think something like a manual GTI/R, WRX/STI, Civic Si/Type R, would all make a good second vehicle for daily driver and winter months.

Online JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2021, 02:13:10 pm »
What....A....Beast!

Well I'd say the majority of people who buy a car like the Z06 have multiple cars.  I would think something like a manual GTI/R, WRX/STI, Civic Si/Type R, would all make a good second vehicle for daily driver and winter months.

True, but I'd still rather a GT4  :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2021, 02:23:48 pm »
What....A....Beast!

Totally get it, nothing wrong with a Porsche GT4. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2021, 02:39:28 pm »
What....A....Beast!

Yea, my Boxster has further opened my eyes to this.

With the new speeding laws these days, I think my 640hp Supra would have me in lockup!

Whereas the 306hp in my Boxster feels more "useable" on the streets.

I'm not saying I wouldn't totally dig a 500hp car these days (I would)..and I'm still endeavor to get one again..but my license would be on thin ice! LOL [emoji38]
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2021, 02:45:43 pm »
What....A....Beast!

With the new speeding laws these days, I think my 640hp Supra would have me in lockup!

I'm not saying I wouldn't totally dig a 500hp car these days (I would)..and I'm still endeavor to get one again..but my license would be on thin ice! LOL [emoji38]

^This!

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2021, 02:52:56 pm »
What....A....Beast!

^This!

I 100% agree. Maybe I'm getting old, but the announcement of any street car with over 500bhp doesn't do anything for me these days. Same with super fast bikes too.

With the current laws, and police cars equipped with forward facing radar, you're screwed if you come around a corner or over the crest of a hill going well over the limit.  This is part of the reason I got rid of the FZ-09 and the C63, both tempted me well to go well over the posted limit on a daily basis.

I'm more interested in stuff 10-20 years old now, that were fast at the time, or light vehicles that just don't need huge amounts of power like an Elise.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2021, 02:56:01 pm »
What....A....Beast!

^This!

I 100% agree. Maybe I'm getting old, but the announcement of any street car with over 500bhp doesn't do anything for me these days. Same with super fast bikes too.

With the current laws, and police cars equipped with forward facing radar, you're screwed if you come around a corner or over the crest of a hill going well over the limit.  This is part of the reason I got rid of the FZ-09 and the C63, both tempted me well to go well over the posted limit on a daily basis.

I'm more interested in stuff 10-20 years old now, that were fast at the time, or light vehicles that just don't need huge amounts of power like an Elise.
Oh I still love fast stuff!

But for bikes, my heart will always be with supermotos. Stupid light allows for things you can't otherwise do on other bikes.

But yea...your just once pull away from losing your license and car these days.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
What....A....Beast!

^This!

But for bikes, my heart will always be with supermotos. Stupid light allows for things you can't otherwise do on other bikes.

The only car I really hanker after right now is an old (2006-2008) manual Gallardo. Should I start a saving up thread?  :rofl2:

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2021, 03:13:54 pm »
What....A....Beast!

^This!

as someone who now has a car well over 500hp, I don't know if I ever could go back. The feeling of...dominance, freedom, possibility...is very addictive. Wanna pass? Just need a tiny gap! Just dont keep your foot in it too long...you will lose your license very fast. Now, I also see the appeal of lower powered sports cars where the connection to the car is the most important part, and my XJR very rarely gets to fully stretch its legs with 620hp on tap....but that possibility of power under your foot is very reassuring. I am spoiled, and I like it.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.