Author Topic: VW ID Buzz  (Read 28379 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: VW ID Buzz
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2024, 10:29:44 am »
Well done, dkaz  :popcorn:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Ram 1500 Classic, 2014 Highlander Hybrid
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2024, 10:51:00 am »
Deposit placed.

Nice!!  I saw one in Amsterdam.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2024, 10:56:21 am »
Very cool!!

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +291/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2024, 11:23:01 am »
We opted to drop the heated windshield from the market for a variety of reasons. The main one is that unlike ID.4 which uses a film-type heated windshield, Buzz uses a wire-type. These wires are visible in certain light conditions - especially at night - and can be an irritation to drivers. Myself and my team spent quite a bit of time at the wheel and experienced it. This, coupled with some other factors, led us to remove it from the spec for Canada fairly late in the process.

On the bright side, it should also mean less expensive replacements for the windshield, but bear in mind it's still a huge piece of glass.

I've driven the car extensively in -20C and below. The defrosters are plenty powerful and instant-on thanks to it being an EV. I will not miss the heated windshield.  ;)

I figured as much! Set the cabin to preheat to desired temperature prior to partner getting off work, the windshields should be clear.

Another couple of questions. Are there only the four colours available with the 7 passenger RWD configuration? The cabana blue is fine but we were hoping for energetic orange. And we don't see the dune interior in the configurator thus far, has it just not been added in yet or is it possibly not available at launch? My partner is in love with the dune interior we sat in. If she had to choose cognac, it's not offensive but it's not dune either.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
VW ID Buzz
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2024, 11:31:55 am »

Online Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1240
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2024, 11:52:04 am »
ABS-based TPMS  :bow: That's one thing VW/Audi does right - no in-tire sensors! Subaru does away with TPMS altogether up here.

Volvo does that too.

Online Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1240
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2024, 11:53:30 am »
Welcome to the EV owners group! Congrats!

And yes, pre-heating is so nice in winter, and immediate!

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2024, 12:05:37 pm »
Do you think the RWD would be good in winter? That must be a lot of torque for two drive wheels

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2024, 12:34:45 pm »
Welcome to the EV owners group! Congrats!

And yes, pre-heating is so nice in winter, and immediate!

I'm excited! About 4 years ahead of schedule for us for an EV but this was a vehicle we were willing to advance the schedule for.

Do you think the RWD would be good in winter? That must be a lot of torque for two drive wheels

Setting the drive mode to Eco or Comfort mode should deprioritize speed, and we're getting Hakka 10s on there (at a cost of $1468 plus tax and wheels) whether we go RWD or 4Motion. We need the 7 seats.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2024, 12:37:34 pm »

I figured as much! Set the cabin to preheat to desired temperature prior to partner getting off work, the windshields should be clear.

Another couple of questions. Are there only the four colours available with the 7 passenger RWD configuration? The cabana blue is fine but we were hoping for energetic orange. And we don't see the dune interior in the configurator thus far, has it just not been added in yet or is it possibly not available at launch? My partner is in love with the dune interior we sat in. If she had to choose cognac, it's not offensive but it's not dune either.

Seems like something isn't working properly with the configurator. For RWD, Dune is available with the Cabana Blue 2-tone and Deep Black Pearl. For AWD it is available with all 2-tone colourways (Cabana Blue, Pomelo Yellow, Energetic Orange, Mahi Green, Indium Grey). Will poke the Marketing folks to look at .ca...

Regarding RWD, we are not planning more colours at this time. The vast majority of the mix is expected to be AWD.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-777
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2024, 01:04:55 pm »
Allocations/factory orders late October.
Demo unit coming November.
First deliveries by end of year.

Oh trust me we bitched and moaned over the price, were close to pulling the trigger on a Kia EV9 Land, but we really wanted the ID.Buzz more and it just so happened that the VW dealer really wanted our business. We were verbally promised no dealer markup, whether they make good on that promise we shall see, but I think between range and price, VW has taken away the dealers' opportunity to markup the unit. 2/3rds of those who were interested seem to have taken a step back. I do expect lower trim levels for the 2026 year in line with USA trim levels.

I do question some of VW Canada and USA's equipment decisions, hoping our resident VW insider might have some background, or maybe tell us the heated windshield which is standard on Canadian ID.4's was omitted from the spec sheet in err.

https://www.vw.ca/en/models/new-vehicles/2025-idbuzz.html

We opted to drop the heated windshield from the market for a variety of reasons. The main one is that unlike ID.4 which uses a film-type heated windshield, Buzz uses a wire-type. These wires are visible in certain light conditions - especially at night - and can be an irritation to drivers. Myself and my team spent quite a bit of time at the wheel and experienced it. This, coupled with some other factors, led us to remove it from the spec for Canada fairly late in the process.

On the bright side, it should also mean less expensive replacements for the windshield, but bear in mind it's still a huge piece of glass.

I've driven the car extensively in -20C and below. The defrosters are plenty powerful and instant-on thanks to it being an EV. I will not miss the heated windshield.  ;)

This is why most of the companies that offer heated windshields make them available as an option, or you can delete it at no cost (for top line Range Rovers). For us not having a heated windshield in our new Mini was a deal breaker because we had it on our last two Minis and without a garage it's a very useful feature.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2024, 01:25:50 pm »
Seems like something isn't working properly with the configurator. For RWD, Dune is available with the Cabana Blue 2-tone and Deep Black Pearl. For AWD it is available with all 2-tone colourways (Cabana Blue, Pomelo Yellow, Energetic Orange, Mahi Green, Indium Grey). Will poke the Marketing folks to look at .ca...

Regarding RWD, we are not planning more colours at this time. The vast majority of the mix is expected to be AWD.

Darn. Well the Cabana Blue is still fun, but the Energetic Orange is iconic. Could you get us a one-off?  ;D

The configurator is down for ID.Buzz right now, that was fast work getting someone to look at it. The 3D view is also missing Dune, Mahi Green, and Energetic Orange.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Today at 01:55:40 pm »
What’s the actual take rate you’ve seen so far? Small sample size right now but it seems like Americans are flocking to 4Motion and Canadians are happy with RWD.