Author Topic: Ford Maverick  (Read 40561 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Maverick
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2021, 09:07:52 pm »
Maybe it's me, but thus far the reviews/photos I've seen the interior looks cheap.
it is rather "basic" or simple...but i think some truck buyers may be ok with that (durability of materials?).

Perhaps.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2021, 09:14:13 pm »
[quote author ;D=rrocket link=topic=108257.msg1584015#msg1584015 date=1633482472]
Maybe it's me, but thus far the reviews/photos I've seen the interior looks cheap.
it is rather "basic" or simple...but i think some truck buyers may be ok with that (durability of materials?).

Perhaps.
[/quote]
Perhaps not , there  is a lot Limited , Denali, High Country , King Ranch on the road

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2021, 09:38:42 pm »
well, i think the Maverick was already going to sell well...this should certainly help it too:

2022 Ford Maverick Financing Guaranteed Approval Program Revealed
The 2022 Ford Maverick Financing Guaranteed Approval Program, which runs through March of 2022, only requires a minimum FICO score of 620 to qualify but does come with a few stipulations. For starters, the program only applies to new Maverick pickups with a maximum lease term of 36 months or a maximum loan term of 72 months.

Additionally, a customer’s payment-to-income ratio must be 20 percent at the most, while the max loan to value ratio is 110 percent. Customers can not have any prior repossessions or open bankruptcies, which would disqualify them from the program. Otherwise, there are no details surrounding APR deals associated with this program, though Ford is currently offering 0 percent financing for 36 months, 0.9 percent for 48 months, or 3.9 percent for 72 months on the Maverick.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-maverick-financing-guaranteed-approval-program-revealed/
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2021, 06:19:37 pm »
well, i think the Maverick was already going to sell well...this should certainly help it too:

The 2022 Ford Maverick Financing Guaranteed Approval Program, which runs through March of 2022, only requires a minimum FICO score of 620 to qualify but does come with a few stipulations. For starters, the program only applies to new Maverick pickups with a maximum lease term of 36 months or a maximum loan term of 72 months.

Additionally, a customer’s payment-to-income ratio must be 20 percent at the most, while the max loan to value ratio is 110 percent. Customers can not have any prior repossessions or open bankruptcies, which would disqualify them from the program. Otherwise, there are no details surrounding APR deals associated with this program, though Ford is currently offering 0 percent financing for 36 months, 0.9 percent for 48 months, or 3.9 percent for 72 months on the Maverick.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-maverick-financing-guaranteed-approval-program-revealed/

620?  Why not make it 550 and call it a day.

Lol.
i don't know how "bad" 650 is, but in a way, this could be good for Ford (as long as they don't have too many people who default)...the point of the program is to get people who can afford the payments, but may not have the best credit and these trucks aren't overly expensive, so i would imagine the risk is relatively low (for a car loan anyway)...there's certainly people who make bad money choices (often repeatedly), but there's also people who just got stuck in a bad situation.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2021, 06:31:42 pm »
That’s Ford Financial USA.

Ford Financial Canada has always seemed to be lenient with lending criteria.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2021, 08:10:51 pm »
That’s Ford Financial USA.

Ford Financial Canada has always seemed to be lenient with lending criteria.
i know, but the US is also a much larger market, so having a program like that is even more beneficial to Ford as a company since it can attract far more buyers.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2021, 11:24:09 pm »

Lol.
i don't know how "bad" 650 is, but in a way, this could be good for Ford (as long as they don't have too many people who default)...the point of the program is to get people who can afford the payments, but may not have the best credit and these trucks aren't overly expensive, so i would imagine the risk is relatively low (for a car loan anyway)...there's certainly people who make bad money choices (often repeatedly), but there's also people who just got stuck in a bad situation.

650 is usually the baseline for conventional credit.  The bare minimum and it usually suggests some delinquency.

Add in an 84 month term and presto.

;D
the terms appear to be capped at 72 months for purchases, but these longer terms may also help keep the monthlies low...i think it could work out well for Ford...i'd be saying something different if they did this program on $80k F150s, but for $30k Mavericks??...should work out well.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2021, 07:27:42 am »

Lol.

650 is usually the baseline for conventional credit.  The bare minimum and it usually suggests some delinquency.

Add in an 84 month term and presto.

;D

Very minor delinquency or maxed out credit but on time otherwise. The credit score bottoms out at 300.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2021, 08:54:15 pm »
In my business in dealing with commercial entities, even if a partner, principal, or signing authority has a credit score that is below 650, we won't even look at the deal.  It implies either the inability to pay or the desire not to pay. And this is for transactions that are over $50M.
sure, but i would imagine there is far more risk in a $50M transaction than a $25k trucklet that, if it came to it, could be repossessed and sold.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2021, 11:03:55 am »
In my business in dealing with commercial entities, even if a partner, principal, or signing authority has a credit score that is below 650, we won't even look at the deal.  It implies either the inability to pay or the desire not to pay. And this is for transactions that are over $50M.
sure, but i would imagine there is far more risk in a $50M transaction than a $25k trucklet that, if it came to it, could be repossessed and sold.

I agree.  Except if you are buying a lot of marginal deals they add up.

There is also the cost of repossession, reconditioning, and legal costs.
for sure...i'm sure Ford had an army of actuarials run the numbers and determined this was the best mix or risk/reward.

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2021, 12:23:57 pm »
Saw my first one at the local Ford Dea!er.  It's a sharp looking little truck and I expect to see a lot of them on the road, especially with how the gas prices are going.  With the Escape offering  PHEV model I'd love to see a similar Maverick.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2021, 03:33:42 pm »
yea, i think they'll move lots too...just build a Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid with the Co-Pilot Assist and Luxury Package...$35,195 (with freight and fees)...if you don't want those extra packages, subtract $4k (so just over $31k)...that's seems like where small trucks should be priced at.

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2021, 03:43:29 pm »
yea, i think they'll move lots too...just build a Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid with the Co-Pilot Assist and Luxury Package...$35,195 (with freight and fees)...if you don't want those extra packages, subtract $4k (so just over $31k)...that's seems like where small trucks should be priced at.
Yeah I tend to think this size and capable truck is enough for a lot of pickup truck buyers.  If and when they add some kind of Hybrid AWD model I think that will account for a lot of their sales.  That being said, FWD Hybrid would be just fine for me.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2021, 05:47:58 pm »
This Maverick isn't anything close to a "pickup truck".  It's a much better Escape Hybrid.  As long as an Explorer apparently.  Brilliant idea for a car with an open cargo area at the back.

Going to be huge market for the folding hard tonneau suppliers.  More jobs for the Chinese!  That's were I got one for the F150 (Amazon).  Half the price as a American supplied unit and certainly not any less quality.  Most likely the American supplied unit was Chinese parts assembled in the USA.  Only paid $680. for it and it's been thoroughly tested.

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2021, 06:00:40 pm »
This Maverick isn't anything close to a "pickup truck".  It's a much better Escape Hybrid.  As long as an Explorer apparently.  Brilliant idea for a car with an open cargo area at the back.

Going to be huge market for the folding hard tonneau suppliers.  More jobs for the Chinese!  That's were I got one for the F150 (Amazon).  Half the price as a American supplied unit and certainly not any less quality.  Most likely the American supplied unit was Chinese parts assembled in the USA.  Only paid $680. for it and it's been thoroughly tested.
I get what you are saying about not a true pickup, no ladder frame, FWD, no 4x4, etc.  But no different than calling a Honda CRV an SUV..

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2021, 06:25:13 pm »

I get what you are saying about not a true pickup, no ladder frame, FWD, no 4x4, etc.  But no different than calling a Honda CRV an SUV..

I consider this Maverick a truck.  It has an exposed bed which, in my mind, defines it as a truck.
it's a truck, just a small one...it's likely as much truck as 25% of actual truck buyers need...most trucks are just today's "family sedan" nowadays...what used to be Taurus, Crown Victoria, Malibu, Caprice, Camry, Accord, Altima, 626, etc sales are now full size trucks.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2021, 06:36:49 pm »
If you took a Crown VIC and removed the trunk lid you'd have much more of a "TRUCK" than this Maverick.  At least the Crown Vic had a V8, rear drive with mechanical limited slip and an actual frame.

When Ford announced that they were ditching tradition sedans ppl wondered what was happening.  Well now we know.  The Maverick, brilliant, is a sedan with an open back.  It's a front drive with only one drive wheel.  The only downside is that I'll be subject to ppl calling it a truck forever.  :rofl2:

In Ontario, if the tag is located on the rear license plate it's NOT a truck.  :)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2021, 06:55:58 pm »
Just get around the truck/not truck debate and do what the Aussies do and call it a 'Ute.

Honestly, who cares if it's called a truck or not.  It is what it is, and you either think it's useful, or not.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2021, 07:10:56 pm »
Poor example.  The Australians don't have American 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton trucks as ppl movers.   They are use to small vehicles like in South Africa.  My current Armada, the Patrol in Australia, is considered a super big vehicle there.  Not in NA.

Nope, the Maverick and the new Hyundai jobbie are not trucks.  To assert that just adds to the wokeness (can't say the actual appropriate word  :)) that has overtaken this country.  ;D

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2021, 10:12:41 pm »
The biggest reason Australians don't have our array of pickups is the costly LHD to RHD conversion and design process. MAybe the urban geeks in Sydney wouldn't appreciate a proper 3/4 ton yankee truck but the hicks in the sticks do. We had some Perth Aussies up here and their jaws dropped when we took them to do some field work in a F350 1ton crew cap on 35s. 900 ft lbs and 11 L/100km whats not to love?  They really appreciated the Raptor as well.

Those are the only Aussie opinions I can confirm.  ;D