Author Topic: Ford Maverick  (Read 40579 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Ford Maverick
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2021, 12:32:17 pm »
Yeah, I expected lots of full sized pickups in the interior, but there was a surprising amount in Vancouver

One of our friends moved from Alberta to White Rock, and the rental company gave her a F250 as they had nothing else left. She'd never driven a pickup before, and was impressed by how traffic magically got out of her way when she was in it

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2021, 01:20:42 pm »

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350, 2024 Mazda CX90
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2021, 01:28:50 pm »
It does look small. I expected it would be closer in size to a Ranger, but considering it’s based on an Escape, the expectation was likely unrealistic.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2021, 01:33:34 pm »
It does look small. I expected it would be closer in size to a Ranger, but considering it’s based on an Escape, the expectation was likely unrealistic.
I'd still like to sit in one and the Ranger back to back to compare.  My brother in law just bought a GMC Canyon crew cab or whatever you call it, and it's quite small inside.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2021, 02:11:35 pm »
size-comparison

https://www.motor1.com/news/525797/ford-maverick-ranger-f150-photo/

Wow that looks small in that picture.  Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome, I wasn't surprised at the size, I thought would be the size of the earlier Ford Ranger and Mazda B.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2021, 02:19:34 pm »
size-comparison

Your welcome, I wasn't surprised at the size, I thought would be the size of the earlier Ford Ranger and Mazda B.

Could you go us all a solid and find a last gen Ranger to park beside the new Maverick to see how they compare.   :rofl2:

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2021, 02:46:03 pm »
size-comparison

Could you go us all a solid and find a last gen Ranger to park beside the new Maverick to see how they compare.   :rofl2:

It's the best I can do.   ;)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-ranger-spec-comparison

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2021, 01:24:36 pm »
Can see that. Fills a big niche with no rivals, sort of like the first Chrysler minivan

Hopefully it sparks competition

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2021, 02:08:43 pm »
Can see that. Fills a big niche with no rivals, sort of like the first Chrysler minivan

the $20k base hybrid model in the US makes sense for sunny weather areas and as a fleet vehicle for delivery purposes (NAPA, etc).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2021, 12:27:28 am »
I have already seen my 1st Maverick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2021, 01:51:57 am »
I have already seen my 1st Maverick!!!

I saw my 1st Maverick in 1970.   ;D
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2021, 04:28:34 pm »

that would be great.  a little toyota truck,  maybe the mazda comes back with theirs.

Definitely Ford have found a market niche. Who knew ppl needed a small inexpensive truck for everyday chores, business and going outdoors that is easy to park, cheap to maintain and that goes 40 miles on a gallon of gas?  ;)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2021, 05:24:29 pm »

that would be great.  a little toyota truck,  maybe the mazda comes back with theirs.

Definitely Ford have found a market niche. Who knew ppl needed a small inexpensive truck for everyday chores, business and going outdoors that is easy to park, cheap to maintain and that goes 40 miles on a gallon of gas?  ;)
that's what the small trucks used to be (S10, Ranger, etc).

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2021, 07:17:04 pm »

Those trucks never got 40 miles to a gallon though, especially the V6 versions. Hence why everyone opted for the the full size. I know not everyone wants a full size though but....
The 4 cylinder versions were closer to 35 but were/are gutless. I have one of those.  :-[
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2021, 07:56:58 pm »

Those trucks never got 40 miles to a gallon though, especially the V6 versions. Hence why everyone opted for the the full size. I know not everyone wants a full size though but....
The 4 cylinder versions were closer to 35 but were/are gutless. I have one of those.  :-[
oh, i know they didn't have hybrids, but you could get basic affordable 4 cylinder trucks back the day...Rangers (and Mazda) had the 2.3L and the S10s had a 2.5L (?)...when i worked at Pizza Hut in the late 80s, our delivery truck was a base model Ranger, automatic, 4 cylinder...it was $13k...perfect for their use...FFD to today, and the US has the base Maverick Hybrid for $20k...that's the perfect vehicle for fleet use (and i don't mean that in a negative way).

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2021, 08:22:55 pm »

oh, i know they didn't have hybrids, but you could get basic affordable 4 cylinder trucks back the day...Rangers (and Mazda) had the 2.3L and the S10s had a 2.5L (?)...when i worked at Pizza Hut in the late 80s, our delivery truck was a base model Ranger, automatic, 4 cylinder...it was $13k...perfect for their use...FFD to today, and the US has the base Maverick Hybrid for $20k...that's the perfect vehicle for fleet use (and i don't mean that in a negative way).
In ‘87 my full size base Chevy was $13,000, much better truck

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2021, 08:29:50 pm »

In ‘87 my full size base Chevy was $13,000, much better truck

... and sucked much gas. But obviously you didn't care . Gas much cheaper back then. Perfect for your trade.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2021, 08:32:23 pm »

A truck to deliver pizzas ?  :think:  I would think a car would be much more efficient.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2021, 10:44:09 pm »
^^^Dude!