Author Topic: 2022 F-150 Lightning  (Read 77876 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #560 on: August 13, 2023, 08:17:05 pm »

The thing is…you don’t charge every week in one of these because you don’t have to…right now all of you driving gas cars and paying carbon tax are actually paying people like me to drive EVs for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya! And all you had to do to drive for "free" was spend $80k!!

So awesome!

…that’s normal price for a 1/2 ton nowadays…

I mean you can drive for free on a much cheaper Kona EV or Nissan Leaf….your point is moot, it was my choice to buy an EV truck to replace my gasser F150…

Your gasser that used to get 7-8L/100km? Yea, yea..I remember that one too.

At the time of your purchase, there was a significant premium over a regular F-150, as is the case for most every EV.

And until you reach the ROI (if ever) you aren't driving for "free". Even on a Kona.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 08:36:02 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 13, 2023, 08:48:13 pm »

The thing is…you don’t charge every week in one of these because you don’t have to…right now all of you driving gas cars and paying carbon tax are actually paying people like me to drive EVs for free

Ya! And all you had to do to drive for "free" was spend $80k!!

So awesome!

…that’s normal price for a 1/2 ton nowadays…

I mean you can drive for free on a much cheaper Kona EV or Nissan Leaf….your point is moot, it was my choice to buy an EV truck to replace my gasser F150…

Your gasser that used to get 7-8L/100km? Yea, yea..I remember that one too.

At the time of your purchase, there was a significant premium over a regular F-150, as is the case for most every EV.

And until you reach the ROI (if ever) you aren't driving for "free". Even on a Kona.

Shhhh. 😜

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 15, 2023, 09:02:51 pm »

Offline ericwilk

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW
« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2023, 11:35:11 am »
This car looks gorgeous.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2024, 12:23:07 am »
Bought one.  Kickass truck.   BRISK acceleration.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat Extended Range + tow tech + max tow.
$21000 dealer discount negotiated (southern Ontario).

Thoughts.
Powerful, soft independent suspension, blue cruise is genius and the carplay integration is very nice with the large center screen.
Biig in the driveway, but the 360 cameras and external lighting is outstanding, making negotiating in the dark no problem, way to go Ford !

Rented a 2022 SR in summer of 2023 and drove around Prince Edward County (North Beach and Sandbanks), the frunk outlets cooked some sausages and the towing was effortless, we kept to about 2 hours between camp sites over a week and just charged on 50A 240V the entire time.

Sat in Cybertruck a few weeks ago, didn't find a good driving position WRT visibility and sunvisor placement, maybe not good for tall/long torso drivers?  Love the stainless exterior, and the tech was brilliant.   Test drove a Model X, wife loved it, I was not convinced over the Lightning we rented, then the price, $140K all in, nah.

Spent a few weeks playing dealers against eachother, got $21000 discount and no stupid fees (VIN etching I'm looking at you!!).

BYE

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1198
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2024, 08:58:14 am »
:ttiwwp:

We need a Show and Shine!  Congrats!

:ttiwwp:

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2024, 09:48:47 am »
I seriously don't get how anyone would ever even seriously look at that Cyberf#uck if they had even an 1/8 of a brain.  So ugly, who gives a shi# if it's made of stainless steel...it's a Tesla so it'll be garbage except for the charging infrastructure. Yay charging infrastructure!  :surrend:  Good thing Ford now throws in cables for that.  And I'd still hate using that arseholes charging infrastructure because Musk's an arsehole with tastebuds.  And his truck is gawdy-awful ugly.  If I didn't have to puke, I'd go fill up at McD's and come back just to stick my finger down my throat so I could.  And I hate throwing up.

$21k off a new Lightning though - now that is not something to sneeze at!  That's awesome.  That's one way to sell them that's for sure.  Now if only they'd do that on the regular over-priced normal trucks.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 06, 2024, 09:53:16 am »
^^  :thumbup:
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2024, 10:34:09 am »
I seriously don't get how anyone would ever even seriously look at that Cyberf#uck if they had even an 1/8 of a brain.  So ugly, who gives a shi# if it's made of stainless steel...it's a Tesla so it'll be garbage except for the charging infrastructure. Yay charging infrastructure!  :surrend:  Good thing Ford now throws in cables for that.  And I'd still hate using that arseholes charging infrastructure because Musk's an arsehole with tastebuds.  And his truck is gawdy-awful ugly.  If I didn't have to puke, I'd go fill up at McD's and come back just to stick my finger down my throat so I could.  And I hate throwing up.

$21k off a new Lightning though - now that is not something to sneeze at!  That's awesome.  That's one way to sell them that's for sure.  Now if only they'd do that on the regular over-priced normal trucks.

Well the Delorean was desired. It was steel and had a sucky engine (PRV)  ;D  I agree lets see some pics and better yet pics of it doing trucky things.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2024, 11:25:21 am »

That about covers it.  It's ugly, unreliable and a POS. 
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 06, 2024, 09:29:47 pm »
I seriously don't get how anyone would ever even seriously look at that Cyberf#uck if they had even an 1/8 of a brain.  So ugly, who gives a shi# if it's made of stainless steel...it's a Tesla so it'll be garbage except for the charging infrastructure

First, we love our 2013 Tesla Model S (see other thread I posted an update today), car is perfect after 11 years, incredible to drive.
The Cybertruck technology innovation is next level, love or hate the exterior design (I love it), but the tech that makes the vehicle is amazing.

The Ford Lightning is very normal, but the engineering is first rate, the independent suspension, frunk, 9.6 kW of onboard power and blue cruise are standouts.
Floored it from a dig today and all 4 tires chirped ... Ford overbuilt this truck, and I love that.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #571 on: April 07, 2024, 01:10:13 am »
I seriously don't get how anyone would ever even seriously look at that Cyberf#uck if they had even an 1/8 of a brain.  So ugly, who gives a shi# if it's made of stainless steel...it's a Tesla so it'll be garbage except for the charging infrastructure

First, we love our 2013 Tesla Model S (see other thread I posted an update today), car is perfect after 11 years, incredible to drive.
The Cybertruck technology innovation is next level, love or hate the exterior design (I love it), but the tech that makes the vehicle is amazing.

The Ford Lightning is very normal, but the engineering is first rate, the independent suspension, frunk, 9.6 kW of onboard power and blue cruise are standouts.
Floored it from a dig today and all 4 tires chirped ... Ford overbuilt this truck, and I love that.
Ford engineering is first rate? :think: :rofl: best laugh I had today.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #572 on: April 07, 2024, 01:25:01 am »
Isn't BYE the same person who got banned a long time ago for all the Tesla preaching? Forget the old handle name.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #573 on: April 07, 2024, 06:00:48 am »
You mean "smartelectric"

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 07, 2024, 09:08:23 am »

Well, after 3 years with the Mach-E, I’d say it’s at least on Par if not better than anything I’ve owned so far; and that include Volvo’s, Infinity, Acura, Toyota, VW, etc..

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 07, 2024, 07:50:48 pm »
You mean "smartelectric"
Yup ,  just a name change.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 07, 2024, 08:38:37 pm »

Well, after 3 years with the Mach-E, I’d say it’s at least on Par if not better than anything I’ve owned so far; and that include Volvo’s, Infinity, Acura, Toyota, VW, etc..
Really? As many recalls at the Ford? I also recall a "stop sale order" for the Mach E as well.

Which one of those marques you listed also had a "stop sale order" while you owned it?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 08:53:17 pm by rrocket »

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 08, 2024, 08:21:57 am »
Well no car is perfect and the Mach-E is certainly no exception (stupid door handles  :banghead: :banghead:) . On the stop sale order, I think it is the responsible thing to do if you know your product has an issue that needs fixing, so I respect Ford for taking that decision. Maybe some other OEM should have issued a stop sale but didn't? I'm thinking here Toyota with the cablegate on the Rav4 Prime.

On the other brands, the Acura had horrible paint that was was so thin hitting a mosquito would cause a chip, fit and finish was terrible the dash was so poorly fitted it was like they tried to fit the wrong one in the TL. The Infinity was tramlining like crazy on the stock tires, so much my wife refused to drive it.  The XC40 runs trough brakes like they are made from cheese, etc..

Like many here I used to think than Euro's and Japanese cars were much better than North-American's but 3 years with the Mach E causes me to think twice about that. Some are certainly better in some areas for sure but that does'nt mean NA's are crap.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 08, 2024, 08:45:34 am »

. Some are certainly better in some areas for sure but that does'nt mean NA's are crap.

They definitely aren't "crap".

But one need only look at pretty much every vehicle launch from Ford within the last few years (and the subsequent recalls) to see they could be much, much better and have a ways to go.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 08, 2024, 09:26:19 pm »
Handling review.

.  Steering ratio is much slower than our Model S sedan, and I know this is advantageous for towing as I spent many hours towing with a 2022 Lightning last summer.   In the city, roundabouts that I would slalom in the S for fun are harder to negotiate at speed, but when I do, the truck corners flat, very little roll.
.  Regenerative braking is MUCH stronger than our Model S when "one pedal driving" mode is selected.  Confidence inspiring in tight city driving.
.  Acceleration from a stop is strong, stronger than our 2013 S, all four wheels chirp if the truck is set in sport mode.  In normal mode, the traction is smoother, no chirp.
.  No torque steer.  Truck feels rear biased for an all wheel drive 580 HP vehicle.
.  Acceleration on gravel is very composed, tried to get it loose, and the rear complies with a little playfulness.
.  The truck doesn't require leaning into a corner, the seats have good bolstering.
.  Hard acceleration on corner exit is no drama, pulls strong.
.  No issues with 110 km/h+ passing on highway, adds 7- 10 km/h per second per second
.  SOOOFT suspension, the more stuff I put in the truck, the better it feels, ie, the more passengers the better, golf clubs, e-bike, fishing tackle, keep loading it up.
.  Independent rear suspension is noticeable compared to the pickups I have rented or driven in the past decade (we RV a lot).