Author Topic: 2022 F-150 Lightning  (Read 77749 times)

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1198
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
Re: 2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2022, 05:23:26 pm »
It's more than that it is downright dangerous. Get stuck in traffic at that temp and run out of charge? Popsicle city.

A typical ICE vehicle can idle at around 2L/hour? and keep the occupants warm. Half tank of 30L buys you 15 hours..
I could go…a whole week idling lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While also running heat in -30C temps?

Assuming a 5 kW heater I’d say about 20 hours starting with a full battery for the standard one. 26 hours with the extended range battery.

You may freeze to death but not from carbon monoxide poisoning if your car is covered with snow.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/71433/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 06:38:47 pm by Guy »

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 24, 2022, 12:42:53 pm »
It's more than that it is downright dangerous. Get stuck in traffic at that temp and run out of charge? Popsicle city.

A typical ICE vehicle can idle at around 2L/hour? and keep the occupants warm. Half tank of 30L buys you 15 hours..
I could go…a whole week idling lol

While also running heat in -30C temps?

Assuming a 5 kW heater I’d say about 20 hours starting with a full battery for the standard one. 26 hours with the extended range battery.

You may freeze to death but not from carbon monoxide poisoning if your car is covered with snow.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/71433/
You are not running that 5kwh heater non stop….in reality it’s more like 1.5kwh to keep the cabin at a decent temp, 20C?!

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 24, 2022, 12:50:52 pm »
The heater is near its capacity with -30c ambiant. And it will probably heat up the battery as well at that temp.

But for sure my estimate is the worst case scenario.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 24, 2022, 10:29:01 pm »

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #364 on: December 24, 2022, 11:26:50 pm »
https://www.tiktok.com/@powerguygoeselectric/video/7179754590991174918?_t=8YNdbfUgTQM&_r=1

Seems reasonable.

[emoji23]
Reasonable enough. Lousy heat, 50% range loss, and he doesn’t really trust his brand new expensive car to go further than 100km out of town in the cold. Honestly guys, that stuff is just small inconveniences.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2022, 12:23:24 am »
Hey I drove 170km @-27C a couple weeks ago…no issues at all! Pure BS ‘can’t leave town’….just people being dumb - the resistance voices will become louder as more and more people dump ICE.

I’m happy to see gas will go up again in a few weeks [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Once we have a new liberal government, we will see carbon tax @$500

$5 gas is coming!

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 25, 2022, 09:07:49 am »
Went for Christmas eve dinner to my daughter’s place last night, 200 km round trip in Charlevoix, so quite hilly, -14C with strong winds and blizzard like conditions at times. Arrived back home with 35% battery left, cabin very warm, car stable as a freight train in those conditions.

Nothing else to report.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 F-150 Lighting
« Reply #367 on: December 25, 2022, 09:58:08 am »
My father in law has a 2018 F-150 with the 5.0L in Newfoundland.  This wouldn't interest him in the least, not because it isn't fast enough, or can't tow or carry what he needs, but simply because he can't take a road trip from where they are to NB to see us or to ON to visit their grand kids. 

So Ford has a hybrid and now a fully electric F-150.  Would it be wrong of me to think that a PHEV version would likely do very well also, maybe something that has 50-60km of electric range, but a total range of over 500kms with the gas engine?
Today — this is totally right. The Feds are going to dump a lot of tax payer money to build the infra, so in a future not so distant…this will definitely be a non-issue.

:rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2022, 11:05:26 am »
Hey I drove 170km @-27C a couple weeks ago…no issues at all! Pure BS ‘can’t leave town’….just people being dumb - the resistance voices will become louder as more and more people dump ICE.

I’m happy to see gas will go up again in a few weeks [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

$5 gas is coming!

Jesus, imagine being so delusional, and privileged, that you would wish for $5 dollar gas, and four more years of Turdashian, just so you could "prove" to a group of strangers that you bought an inferior F150. Yeah, I hope those low income poors, who will never be able to buy some impractical ev just to prove to the neighbors how much better they are, have to rollerblade to work. You bought an F150 with Focus levels of truck ability that doesn't work for a lot of Canada, don't you put that curse out there on everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #369 on: December 25, 2022, 12:16:30 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

Jesus, imagine being so delusional, and privileged, that you would wish for $5 dollar gas, and four more years of Turdashian, just so you could "prove" to a group of strangers that you bought an inferior F150. Yeah, I hope those low income poors, who will never be able to buy some impractical ev just to prove to the neighbors how much better they are, have to rollerblade to work. You bought an F150 with Focus levels of truck ability that doesn't work for a lot of Canada, don't you put that curse out there on everyone else.

100% troll. At this point that’s not even debatable. Let’s play his game; “ I hope our grid fails and electricity gets so expensive that it costs dumb EV owners $150 to go 100km”

Wonder how the carbon tax @$500 is going to affect heating his home, buying electricity, and purchasing general commodities. Trucking isn’t dumb enough to go all EV, neither is Rail, ships, or air freight, imagine the price increases when all these guys are running at $5 gas?

Sorry, even at $5. I’m not buying a inefficient (highway) compromised, and extremely expensive EV. My use would not make buying one prudent choice in vehicles.

I appreciate many buy EV and they’re enjoying them, like the Mach E owner in the video, loves the car, it just not as ivory tower perfect for him as others. FUD is spreading by both ICE and EV guys all the time.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 12:25:43 pm by revalations »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #370 on: December 25, 2022, 12:19:17 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

100% troll. At this point that’s not even debatable. Let’s play his game; “ I hope our grid fails and electricity gets so expensive that it costs dumb EV owners $150 to go 100km”

Wonder how the carbon tax @$500 is going to affect heating his home, buying electricity, and purchasing general commodities. Trucking isn’t dumb enough to go all EV, neither is Rail, ships, or air freight, imagine the price increases when all these guys are running at $5 gas?

Sorry, even at $5. I’m not buying a inefficient (highway) compromised, and extremely expensive EV.

Nothing better than spending $100k plus on a vehicle to "save on fuel". You want to do that, buy a $20k used Prius.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 25, 2022, 12:30:30 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

Sorry, even at $5. I’m not buying a inefficient (highway) compromised, and extremely expensive EV.

Nothing better than spending $100k plus on a vehicle to "save on fuel". You want to do that, buy a $20k used Prius.

This is where cheaper little guys like the Bolt and Leaf come in. If I had a in town job I’d have one to commute to work. My next door neighbour has one and that’s exactly what he uses it for. What a perfect application for a EV.

A truck though? Forget it! A sports car/sedan, still no because I’d use that vehicle to travel (my typical week is 1000km+).

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2022, 12:41:35 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

Sorry, even at $5. I’m not buying a inefficient (highway) compromised, and extremely expensive EV. My use would not make buying one prudent choice in vehicles.

I appreciate many buy EV and they’re enjoying them, like the Mach E owner in the video, loves the car, it just not as ivory tower perfect for him as others. FUD is spreading by both ICE and EV guys all the time.

Not troll at all, it’s what is coming - you can deny reality as much as you want, but that’s what will happen…

Kinda cool though, people that drive truck in suburbia - like me for example - but can’t afford gas or the price of a new EV truck will be forced to downsize to something more realistic and within their budget or move to public transportation.

Saving earth won’t be easy and will create a lot of push back…

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #373 on: December 25, 2022, 12:43:25 pm »
I can't wait until EV owners start bitching when they have to pay a yearly road tax. Has already happened in some provinces.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 25, 2022, 01:37:16 pm »
I can't wait until EV owners start bitching when they have to pay a yearly road tax. Has already happened in some provinces.
I can’t wait until EV owners stop trying to shove their preferences down everyone else’s throats. Can’t wait until they accept that their cars can exist with ICE and everyone should have a choice of what they drive.

Still wondering why a huge gas station is being built out my way, big investment for something that’ll be irrelevant in 7 years. The land itself was 1.2MM. You’d think at this point it would at the very least have a few EV chargers, but it doesn’t.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2022, 02:38:49 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

Not troll at all, it’s what is coming - you can deny reality as much as you want, but that’s what will happen…

Kinda cool though, people that drive truck in suburbia - like me for example - but can’t afford gas or the price of a new EV truck will be forced to downsize to something more realistic and within their budget or move to public transportation.

Saving the Earth?  THIS is what you are falling back on once the hard question arise?

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2022, 02:42:35 pm »
I can’t wait until EV owners stop trying to shove their preferences down everyone else’s throats. Can’t wait until they accept that their cars can exist with ICE and everyone should have a choice of what they drive.

Still wondering why a huge gas station is being built out my way, big investment for something that’ll be irrelevant in 7 years. The land itself was 1.2MM. You’d think at this point it would at the very least have a few EV chargers, but it doesn’t.

He is completely ignoring that electricity is a commodity, where pricing is moved by both market fundamentals (supply and demand) and technicals (market movers and hedge funds).

This is going to be a mess and is a cart before the horse.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2022, 04:06:46 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

You rang?

LOL [emoji38]
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-517
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2022, 11:41:49 pm »

$5 gas is coming!

You're seriously :censor: in the head! And live in a :censor: bubble with blinders on if this is how you truly think.

But seriously, I believe you just like to be an ass on here & troll, which you're very successful at, so for that :cheers:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2022, 11:55:02 pm »
I find some EV fan boys are like vegans and Leafs fans  ;D Nothing wrong with any of those, but they sure have hella strong opinions and love to show that their views are superior.