Author Topic: 2022 F-150 Lightning  (Read 77702 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2022, 10:34:13 am »

Dealer I was at said their Lightning (parts vehicle) was getting less than 100kms range at -30. About 2 hours worth.
100% lie…but it really depends on how much battery they had…40%? Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm, see post 293... Hoovie got less than half the charge at 30°F! Which is about 29°C warmer than what KTM is describing.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
100% lie. Hoovie knows nothing about how to effectively operate his Lightning. [emoji38]

If he is towing, he is within the 20% of the minority that does that…I’m not sure how hard it is to understand this, 80% of the people (like me) don’t tow or tow under 2k lbs & close to home - this truck is wonderful for that, I’ve already saved thousands in gas!!

If you tow all the time, or far distances…you are within the minority & can go get a gasser or diesel.

The 80% will drive huge demand, no wonder these Lightnings and R1T sell for big money…!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: 2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2022, 11:01:22 am »

Dealer I was at said their Lightning (parts vehicle) was getting less than 100kms range at -30. About 2 hours worth.

Ummm, see post 293... Hoovie got less than half the charge at 30°F! Which is about 29°C warmer than what KTM is describing.

100% lie. Hoovie knows nothing about how to effectively operate his Lightning. [emoji38]

If he is towing, he is within the 20% of the minority that does that…I’m not sure how hard it is to understand this, 80% of the people (like me) don’t tow or tow under 2k lbs & close to home - this truck is wonderful for that, I’ve already saved thousands in gas!!

If you tow all the time, or far distances…you are within the minority & can go get a gasser or diesel.

The 80% will drive huge demand, no wonder these Lightnings and R1T sell for big money…!

Lets set aside towing for a second, which if a pickup truck can't do effectively is hilarious, but what about cold weather?? It was damn near -40C for the last week or so, getting under 100kms is ridiculous and useless. Sure, some track day special, I'd be ok with that, something that claims to be a daily driver, HA, no.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-517
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2022, 11:14:16 am »

Lets set aside towing for a second, which if a pickup truck can't do effectively is hilarious, but what about cold weather?? It was damn near -40C for the last week or so, getting under 100kms is ridiculous and useless. Sure, some track day special, I'd be ok with that, something that claims to be a daily driver, HA, no.
^exactly this!! Why is it so hard for some people to understand? :banghead:

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2022, 11:43:47 am »
It's more than that it is downright dangerous. Get stuck in traffic at that temp and run out of charge? Popsicle city.

A typical ICE vehicle can idle at around 2L/hour? and keep the occupants warm. Half tank of 30L buys you 15 hours..

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2022, 11:46:31 am »
It's more than that it is downright dangerous. Get stuck in traffic at that temp and run out of charge? Popsicle city.

A typical ICE vehicle can idle at around 2L/hour? and keep the occupants warm. Half tank of 30L buys you 15 hours..

Apparently its perfectly fine to accept that "limitation"...oh, and you can't tow with it....wait, what is this thing for again?!?!?

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2022, 11:47:16 am »
Part of the issue is how it's being positioned. For example, if Ford called it the F-150 Lightning City Truck, we may feel differently towards range.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2022, 11:49:55 am »
Part of the issue is how it's being positioned. For example, if Ford called it the F-150 Lightning City Truck, we may feel differently towards range.

Well at least when it is parked on the driveway (because it won't fit in new age garages) it won't have it's catalytic converters stolen.  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2022, 11:50:41 am »

But who would buy something called a city truck?!!? The owners of these things want to give off that Curly from City Slickers vibe, not "I accidentally spent $100k on a vehicle that does nothing well but it looks like a cool truck".

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #348 on: December 23, 2022, 12:01:15 pm »

But who would buy something called a city truck?!!? The owners of these things want to give off that Curly from City Slickers vibe, not "I accidentally spent $100k on a vehicle that does nothing well but it looks like a cool truck".

Who cares? At least then they know what they're getting into. An around the city electric truck seems reasonable to me, as a proposition. Pricing is a separate discussion. Plenty of useless expensive cars out there...I bought one :)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2022, 12:06:10 pm »

Who cares? At least then they know what they're getting into. An around the city electric truck seems reasonable to me, as a proposition. Pricing is a separate discussion. Plenty of useless expensive cars out there...I bought one :)

At that point it should just be a van to secure your cargo from the packs of thieving meth heads roaming the city. Van=cool. Electric truck = not

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2022, 12:29:34 pm »

Thousands in gas.  What was your upfront cost?

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #351 on: December 23, 2022, 12:32:05 pm »

Only $100 grand? But you’ve saved thousands in gas!!!! Oh, by the way, they hate the cold and can’t tow. What a perfect unit!

How about that demand! It’s insane! Happens sometimes when dealers get zero inventory and it becomes known that buyers who do want them are paying way over to get one.

Try to revisit the demand when dealers have 5 or more on the lot. Yesterday at my Ford dealer were two lightnings and six Mach E’s. The Mach’s have incentives, about the only thing on their lot with them.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2022, 12:35:21 pm »

Only $100 grand? But you’ve saved thousands in gas!!!! Oh, by the way, they hate the cold and can’t tow. What a perfect unit!

How about that demand! It’s insane! Happens sometimes when dealers get zero inventory and it becomes known that buyers who do want them are paying way over to get one.

Try to revisit the demand when dealers have 5 or more on the lot. Yesterday at my Ford dealer were two lightnings and six Mach E’s. The Mach’s have incentives, about the only thing on their lot with them.

I remember when there was a waiting for a PT Cruiser....a PT F#$KING CRUISER!!!!!! Give it a few months, more people will come out with issues and there will be tons on the lot.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2022, 12:50:58 pm »

I remember when there was a waiting for a PT Cruiser....a PT F#$KING CRUISER!!!!!! Give it a few months, more people will come out with issues and there will be tons on the lot.
Exactly. There’s waiting lists for every popular vehicle that isn’t abundantly in stock. I see more of these f150’s being bought simply to get flipped for more $$

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2022, 03:48:06 pm »

I could go…a whole week idling lol

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2022, 03:50:20 pm »

Thousands in gas.  What was your upfront cost?
$5k more than a similarly equipped F150 - remember there are no more discounts out there. A well equipped F150 gasser easily puts you into $80s now…

But I have already recovered most of that cost #, every cottage trip was $80 vs $7 lol

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2022, 04:20:26 pm »
Now they're only $5,000 difference lol.  :rofl2:

Gotta be just trolling us at this point.....

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2022, 04:51:27 pm »

While also running heat in -30C temps?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2022, 05:19:11 pm »

Please show all your math.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2022, 05:20:23 pm »

Please show all your math.
In the summer maybe.

In the winter with heat on so you don't freeze?

Not so much..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...