Author Topic: 2022 F-150 Lightning  (Read 77756 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: 2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2023, 02:42:54 pm »
At -40 if your ICE car is plugged in, it will start, if it doesn't, a boost will get it going. Do they suffer a mileage penalty, absolutely, but quick swing into a gas station and badabing, badaboom, 5 minutes later, I've got hundreds of more kilometers of range. You cannot sell me on sitting at a charging point like an anxious teenager with their phone on 3% battery waiting for a charger.

You're basically saying you want a PHEV  ;D

Exactly, I would have bought one if anything remotely interesting was available.....and no, the Mclaren P1 was not on the shopping list lol
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2023, 02:44:39 pm »
Well oil companies are lying to you when they claim that litre of gas is worth $2,

They're not, our elected government officials are by apply taxes (both on the consumption and production ends) that intentionally raise the cost of gas as an effort to reduce consumption. Until we elect officials who share the public's desire for affordable, market based, fuel pricing (ha!) expect the price to only continue to increase....and don't blame the oil companies for it.

Totally agree. 

We've had this conversation before, but a working middle class family with three kids to shuffle around is unlikely, in the short term, to have the financial capacity to buy a new Sienna Hybrid or PHEV SUV.  Using taxes to incentivize behaviour is all fine and dandy when the behaviour is a choice (ie, smoking, and I know that's not a perfect example).  But penalizing families that are already stretched to the max for behaviour (driving a few thousand km a month) that is completely out of their control makes no sense to me.  FFS

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2023, 06:01:58 pm »
Well oil companies are lying to you when they claim that litre of gas is worth $2,

They're not, our elected government officials are by apply taxes (both on the consumption and production ends) that intentionally raise the cost of gas as an effort to reduce consumption. Until we elect officials who share the public's desire for affordable, market based, fuel pricing (ha!) expect the price to only continue to increase....and don't blame the oil companies for it.

Totally agree. 

We've had this conversation before, but a working middle class family with three kids to shuffle around is unlikely, in the short term, to have the financial capacity to buy a new Sienna Hybrid or PHEV SUV.  Using taxes to incentivize behaviour is all fine and dandy when the behaviour is a choice (ie, smoking, and I know that's not a perfect example).  But penalizing families that are already stretched to the max for behaviour (driving a few thousand km a month) that is completely out of their control makes no sense to me.  FFS
They should be living within their means and bike more often than drive…

Wait till gas is $3/L - it’s incoming…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2023, 06:24:17 pm »

Totally agree. 

Yeah, nothing better than taking the family to Costco on their Supercycles.......  ::) ::)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2023, 06:50:53 pm »
$3 gas $4 gas.....even $5 gas. How am I saving anything at all buying a six figure EV pickup? This math is so skewed towards being a EV fanboy rather than actual savings. If I wanted a economical truck that can't tow much or go very far, I'd find an old diesel toyota 1/4 ton. This is like saying I'm far ahead by outfitting my home with 100 grand worth of solar panels is superior to paying my $230 month hydro bill. I can't wait until the EV guys are getting 4 figure monthly hyro bills. Because just like expensive gas is coming so is expensive electricity!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2023, 07:05:17 pm »
$3 gas $4 gas.....even $5 gas. How am I saving anything at all buying a six figure EV pickup? This math is so skewed towards being a EV fanboy rather than actual savings. If I wanted a economical truck that can't tow much or go very far, I'd find an old diesel toyota 1/4 ton. This is like saying I'm far ahead by outfitting my home with 100 grand worth of solar panels is superior to paying my $230 month hydro bill. I can't wait until the EV guys are getting 4 figure monthly hyro bills. Because just like expensive gas is coming so is expensive electricity!

Hence why people are installing solar panels.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2023, 10:18:54 am »

Totally agree. 

What would drive fuel to $3L?  And what makes you think that electricity prices won’t skyrocket as EV use goes up?

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2023, 10:20:10 am »
I’d take a range liar over gas at $2 a litre any day!  :rofl:

Whew.  Thank goodness.

But driving from your condo to the bowling alley doesn’t define the rest of Canada.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2023, 09:45:30 pm »

Totally agree. 

What would drive fuel to $3L?  And what makes you think that electricity prices won’t skyrocket as EV use goes up?

And if electricity prices did go up would EV owners stop driving? No, they wouldn't. Just like all those guys driving expensive F350 Platinum diesels or six-figure luxury sedans don't care what it cost to fill. It’s going to hit the average person working to survive limping their 20 yr old vehicle down the road.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 12:27:38 am by revalations »

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2023, 10:14:56 pm »

It's quite possible when CAD is worth 45 cents USD.  Canadians with their own wood lot are going to be in heaven.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1198
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2023, 09:18:58 am »

Totally agree. 

And if electricity prices did go up would EV owners stop driving? No, they wouldn't. Just like all those guys driving expensive F350 Platinum diesels or six-figure luxury sedans don't care what it cost to fill. It’s going to hit the average person working to survive limping their 20 yr old vehicle down the road.

Yup, that's what I say when people ask me what are you going to do when electricity goes up and there will be a tax on km; I respond I'll do what you are doing today, pay though the nose, but I'm saving now!  :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2023, 01:04:42 pm »

Totally agree. 

Exactly, with EVs today being a plaything for the rich, they won't be affected. The family with the 04 Caravan running on hope, faith and the promise of tomorrow will be affected massively.

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2023, 01:09:26 pm »

Totally agree. 

Pretty sure the family driving a miled-out ICE minivan is already living within their means....therefore unable to absorb either $3L gas OR pay for a PHEV/EV 3-row.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2023, 04:24:04 pm »

Totally agree. 

3y ago people here thought I was crazy when I called for $2/L gas….so yep get ready, $3 gas is coming.

Carbon tax alone will add a solid $1 to it by the time it is fully implemented…we will also experience more pressure from the oil cartel because of the EV transition so they’ll keep on cutting oil…

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #434 on: June 09, 2023, 04:24:37 pm »

Totally agree. 

Pretty sure the family driving a miled-out ICE minivan is already living within their means....therefore unable to absorb either $3L gas OR pay for a PHEV/EV 3-row.
Unfortunately this kind of family will have to adjust - having a car will be a luxury that they may not be able to afford anymore.

That is really the plan - middle class shouldn’t be driving expensive cars, you can have a tiny hatchback and be happy with it.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:26:21 pm by EV-Light »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2023, 04:46:51 pm »

, you can have a tiny hatchback and be happy with it.

More "Do as I say, not as I do"  BS....

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2023, 08:46:20 pm »

Totally agree. 

Unfortunately this kind of family will have to adjust - having a car will be a luxury that they may not be able to afford anymore.

That is really the plan - middle class shouldn’t be driving expensive cars, you can have a tiny hatchback and be happy with it.

Not all of us live in an urban centre with access to timely and reliable public transit.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
2022 F-150 Lightning
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2023, 10:01:33 pm »

Totally agree. 

Not all of us live in an urban centre with access to timely and reliable public transit.
Yeah that will be a problem for you; but unfortunately you have to pay for your carbon - you drive more, you pay more…you will/might have to choose between a few things and decide what’s priority - house, food, fancy car…

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 10:56:40 pm by EV-Light »

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2023, 08:34:57 pm »

Totally agree. 

Yeah that will be a problem for you; but unfortunately you have to pay for your carbon - you drive more, you pay more…you will/might have to choose between a few things and decide what’s priority - house, food, fancy car…

LMAO.

What cult do you belong to again?

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2023, 02:21:23 am »

Totally agree. 

LMAO.

What cult do you belong to again?
It’s not a cult - it’s the reality we are being faced with. Unless major changes happen at the federal level, we are headed straight down this path - no questions asked…!

Some of you thought $2 gas was not possible…and here we are!