Author Topic: Added an air-cooled...  (Read 13134 times)

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
Re: Added an air-cooled...
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 06:23:19 pm »
Very nice find, and the price you paid is amazing. Looking forward to more updates.

I never actually confirmed a price, and I don't intend to  ;)
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2021, 06:32:02 pm »
Very nice find, and the price you paid is amazing. Looking forward to more updates.

Yeah no need to gloat about how awesome of a deal you got.  We are all happy for you and hope you enjoy your 911 for many years, we just hope that if you do ever decide to part with any of your vehicles you give us a chance to buy it from you.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2021, 06:37:34 pm »

You sorta did in that other post....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 06:39:06 pm »

Yeah no need to gloat about how awesome of a deal you got.  We are all happy for you and hope you enjoy your 911 for many years, we just hope that if you do ever decide to part with any of your vehicles you give us a chance to buy it from you.

For sure. In fact, DriverJeff has official dibs on this one.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 10:10:56 pm »
Beautiful car and looking forward to more pictures and impression once the weather gets better.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 07:30:58 am »

Make sure you take a massive markup.  ;D

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 07:36:57 am »

Make sure you take a massive markup.  ;D

Nothing less for TheFliper :)
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »
Three stage polish, ceramic coat, and interior coming along. Still a lot of work to be done.

-Having the targa top refurb'd
-Miscellaneous seals around the car
-Seats need to be finished
-Refinish the wheels
-Install the new deck (I ordered the Continental TR7412)
-Figure out why the heck the wipers won't shut off (they're on, on a very slow intermittent setting)
-Change all the fluids
-New tires (ordered Yokohama V701)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2021, 05:58:26 pm »

-Figure out why the heck the wipers won't shut off (they're on, on a very slow intermittent setting)

I LOL at the separate intermittent wiper control on the Porsche.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2021, 05:59:02 pm »
Beautiful.

How does someone just give up on a car that doesn't start? A simple battery change is all it took?  ???

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2021, 05:59:15 pm »

I tried this too. It's not that... looks like the switch could be borked. Might pull the fuse for now until I get a new one.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2021, 05:59:49 pm »
Beautiful.

How does someone just give up on a car that doesn't start? A simple battery change is all it took?  ???

I think it was also him getting old, getting busy, and just time to move on.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2021, 06:01:35 pm »
Three stage polish, ceramic coat, and interior coming along. Still a lot of work to be done.

Looks amazing.   :drool:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2021, 06:21:15 pm »

I tried this too. It's not that... looks like the switch could be borked. Might pull the fuse for now until I get a new one.
The switch is indeed crap. Not an uncommon failure in these cars.

Pull the fuse until you can replace the switch (if you're driving it). And it might not be the switch. The contacts can get bent.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:23:38 pm by rrocket »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2021, 06:41:10 pm »

Pull the fuse until you can replace the switch (if you're driving it). And it might not be the switch. The contacts can get bent.

Sometimes they just have to be used a few times if they've sat for years.  Flick the switch back and forth a few times.   I have a spare window switch because it healed before the part got delivered.
Does yours have the  the dial on the dash with a click to off  below low (CCW)?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:43:19 pm by blur911 »
Mr Pickypants

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2021, 06:49:04 pm »

I fiddled with the knob but didn't see if there's a click. I'll fidget with it again on Tuesday - the car's being stored at the office.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2021, 06:55:46 pm »

I fiddled with the knob but didn't see if there's a click. I'll fidget with it again on Tuesday - the car's being stored at the office.
Well dang..I was going to suggest the same but you said it's not that!

Now it might be that!

Come on, man! LOL [emoji38]

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2021, 07:14:33 pm »

I'm not quite certain it's like that, but it is to my best recollection.  There are couple of switches hidden on the dash,  can't remember if there's separate on/off, but don't think so.   It's too cold to go look.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2021, 07:31:03 pm »

I'm not quite certain it's like that, but it is to my best recollection.  There are couple of switches hidden on the dash,  can't remember if there's separate on/off, but don't think so.   It's too cold to go look.
Yes, there was a detent/off on my intermittent switch.

The next post will be why the parking lights don't go off even though the light switch is off. LOL Found that one out the hard way too!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 07:35:19 pm by rrocket »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2021, 08:09:19 pm »

Yes, there was a detent/off on my intermittent switch.

The next post will be why the parking lights don't go off even though the light switch is off. LOL Found that one out the hard way too!

Just on one side though, takes twice as long to kill the battery.      Cayenne does it too