Author Topic: Mustang Mach-E  (Read 60425 times)

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Re: Mustang Mach-E
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2020, 07:39:42 am »
Agreed Ron, depends on one's priorities.

It sure is the sole Ford product I would, and do consider to buy.

Did you at all consider Tesla stuff? Model 3 or Y. Just curious why you excluded these. While we all know of the build quality issues, Tesla has been around building electric cars for a while, so they are a known commodity, for better or worse.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1196
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2020, 08:39:53 am »
Yes of course I did. In my case the Model 3, would work but what we see is that the car is not well adapted to harsh winter conditions. Some shops in Quebec now specialize in mods improving the protection against salt and road projections. Paint is the worst in the industry.

Another thing is that the 3 is everywhere now; everybody and it's brother seem to own one. If I drive to my cottage, a 40 minutes drive, I'm sure to see at least 4 or 5 on the road going there. A little exclusivity is nice.

Also I hear that contrary to the way they were at the beginning, Tesla is now very strict on warranty and denies a lot of requests from customers. On that, I'm pretty sure Ford would act similarly however.

But the 3 is still a good car and in milder climate would be a more compelling car.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2020, 09:34:31 am »
Yes of course I did. In my case the Model 3, would work but what we see is that the car is not well adapted to harsh winter conditions. Some shops in Quebec now specialize in mods improving the protection against salt and road projections. Paint is the worst in the industry.

Another thing is that the 3 is everywhere now; everybody and it's brother seem to own one. If I drive to my cottage, a 40 minutes drive, I'm sure to see at least 4 or 5 on the road going there. A little exclusivity is nice.

Also I hear that contrary to the way they were at the beginning, Tesla is now very strict on warranty and denies a lot of requests from customers. On that, I'm pretty sure Ford would act similarly however.

But the 3 is still a good car and in milder climate would be a more compelling car.

Thanks. Always interested in feedback from actual potential buyers.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2020, 11:32:29 am »

Interesting feedback.   Our Model S is making it's way through it's 7th winter with no ill effects.  Of course, the Model S is made predominantly of aluminum for exterior and frame.   One thing that does bother me about Model 3 is the compromises to meet a price point, whereas our Model S is wearing extremely well and fit/finish is still superior after these many years.   A few stone chips on front hood aside.

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2020, 12:41:03 pm »
FORD E-Probe FTW  ;D

Agreed!

Seems like a solid offering in the EV space.    But the name....  Isn’t everyone just going to end up referring to this as the “Mach-E” and never use “mustang”?  Such an odd decision, my mess with that long earned brand cache for something that seemingly wont benefit at all from such branding?    Maybe it’s just the mustang logo vs the blue oval?

I'm referring to it using Mach-e. May Ford do same move as Hyundai with the Ioniq, an EV lineup only, who knows  ?
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 04:46:21 pm »
I prefer the final product. Looking forward to road testing it.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2020, 06:34:41 pm »
Deliveries have started in Texas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJYfNmyFMnd/

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2020, 03:00:58 pm »
https://autos.yahoo.com/guilty-charged-electrify-america-delivers-153000842.html

the Mustang Mach-E is one impressive EV, one that stands tall against the Tesla Model Y in most competitive measures. But Tesla’s foresight and investment in its own proprietary network remains a key competitive advantage, right up there with its edge in electric efficiency and range.

While I was standing in the rain at Target, twiddling my thumbs, I had ample time to mull that over — and realize that Ford and the rest still have some catching up to do.

^ this experience is telling.   Our Tesla Model S charges slower in cold weather, sometimes as low as 50 kW, but for the most part, I arrive with a warm battery by using Tesla feature to navigate to supercharger which does automatic preconditioning.  My most recent supercharges in cold weather were 88 kW peak, 60 kW average over 30 minutes.   Whereas the Ford didn't get anywhere near that.   8 years later...

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2020, 03:09:41 pm »
A Tesla electric powertrain and electronics in a Volvo or most other traditional OEM would be the perfect EV.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2020, 04:29:41 pm »
https://autos.yahoo.com/guilty-charged-electrify-america-delivers-153000842.html

the Mustang Mach-E is one impressive EV, one that stands tall against the Tesla Model Y in most competitive measures. But Tesla’s foresight and investment in its own proprietary network remains a key competitive advantage, right up there with its edge in electric efficiency and range.

While I was standing in the rain at Target, twiddling my thumbs, I had ample time to mull that over — and realize that Ford and the rest still have some catching up to do.

^ this experience is telling.   Our Tesla Model S charges slower in cold weather, sometimes as low as 50 kW, but for the most part, I arrive with a warm battery by using Tesla feature to navigate to supercharger which does automatic preconditioning.  My most recent supercharges in cold weather were 88 kW peak, 60 kW average over 30 minutes.   Whereas the Ford didn't get anywhere near that.   8 years later...
Sounds terrible either way...it’s -16 here today, I filled my truck up in 4min...come talk to me when I can do that with a BEV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 05:37:25 pm »

Sounds terrible either way...it’s -16 here today, I filled my truck up in 4min...come talk to me when I can do that with a BEV.

For 95%+ of journeys there is no need. Come talk to me when you actually buy a V8 Mustang.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2020, 06:25:16 pm »

For 95%+ of journeys there is no need. Come talk to me when you actually buy a V8 Mustang.
Triple bob, I will come talk to you when EVs can charge in 4min [emoji28][emoji28]

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2020, 06:28:30 pm »
In 14 months with a first gen Leaf with 135 km range on a good day I used fast chargers a grand total of 3 times. On the 3 occasions I was doing something else while the car was charging. All the other recharges were done at home overnight while sleeping.

Come talk to me when you can fill up your truck while sleeping.  :rofl2:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 06:29:33 pm »

That's like $30 bucks a minute  :o ;D
An EV will likely take 10 sec to plug in and 10 sec to unplug in the convenience of one's garage, in above zero temps. Not having to touch dirty nozzles is another plus in our times.

Offline JayStack

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +146/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 06:30:21 pm »
Can't fill your truck overnight while you sleep and start each day with a full tank for pennies.  EVs have tons of issues to be resolved before they replace ICE vehicles and charge times for distance travelling is one of them, but it's coming.  It's possible to live in Bumbledefuck Sask and use an EV with 400km of range for 99% of trips.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2020, 07:42:11 pm »

An EV will likely take 10 sec to plug in and 10 sec to unplug in the convenience of one's garage, in above zero temps. Not having to touch dirty nozzles is another plus in our times.
I am out at the cabin, no EV charging point here - the closest outlet is about 300 meters away....and it’s cold, your EV would have no range when it’s time to leave on the 2nd...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2020, 07:58:31 pm »

I am out at the cabin, no EV charging point here - the closest outlet is about 300 meters away....and it’s cold, your EV would have no range when it’s time to leave on the 2nd...

If you have electricity you can charge and pre-condition everything at 110V, if I'm not mistaken, and if so EV owners will correct me here.

Offline JayStack

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +146/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2020, 08:50:36 pm »
Not many Canadians in 2020 live in a cabin without electricity in the middle of nowhere.  If you do, don't buy an EV.  Fuckmylifethatwaseasy.

BUT IT WON'T WORK FOR ME SO IT WON'T WORK AT ALL BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2020, 09:43:04 pm »
Not many Canadians in 2020 live in a cabin without electricity in the middle of nowhere.  If you do, don't buy an EV.  Fuckmylifethatwaseasy.

BUT IT WON'T WORK FOR ME SO IT WON'T WORK AT ALL BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD
Hmm I am spending New Years at the cabin, I park, unload and leave my vehicle there till it’s time to go home - tons of Canadians do the same every year....my truck will be parked for 6 days @freezing temperature.

If you take my situation and expands to people that don’t have a garage or live in condos where EV chargers can’t be easily installed and you have what - 50%? 60%? Of Canadians that can’t have a BEV...

So come back when EV is actually viable and I am able to do that...