Author Topic: Replaced the All Seasons on the QX60  (Read 14225 times)

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
Re: Replaced the All Seasons on the QX60
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 10:28:41 am »
That's great warranty service  :thumbup: :thumbup:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 12:44:51 pm »
Just an update on the Goodyear tires installed.
Yesterday morning walked out to find the RR completely flat. ~4000kms on the set of four. Took out my compressor and filled it up to spec, noted the pressure and checked it again this morning. The tire had lost 10psi overnight.
Phone Goodyear and hey say bring it in. They found a pin hole puncture about 1" down from the tread surface. The verdict, not fixable, new tire time and covered under the road hazard warranty.
Still impressed with these tires - quiet, comfortable and ride more to my liking than the OEM tires.
Railton

Did you pay extra for the warranty? I'm always dubious about adding additional insurance, as it's just a money making scheme.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 01:35:55 pm »
Just an update on the Goodyear tires installed.
Yesterday morning walked out to find the RR completely flat. ~4000kms on the set of four. Took out my compressor and filled it up to spec, noted the pressure and checked it again this morning. The tire had lost 10psi overnight.
Phone Goodyear and hey say bring it in. They found a pin hole puncture about 1" down from the tread surface. The verdict, not fixable, new tire time and covered under the road hazard warranty.
Still impressed with these tires - quiet, comfortable and ride more to my liking than the OEM tires.
Railton

Did you pay extra for the warranty? I'm always dubious about adding additional insurance, as it's just a money making scheme.
Nope.
Railton
----------------------------------------------
The price was $902 installed and balanced with taxes in at the Goodyear Auto Center near me, 350 Air miles, Road Hazard protection, free rotations every 10k.
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 01:42:50 pm »
Ah OK, so it's included in the price, interesting.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
Ah OK, so it's included in the price, interesting.

I think they changed that a few years ago.
Mr Pickypants