Author Topic: 2022 Honda Civic  (Read 64778 times)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: 2022 Honda Civic
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2021, 08:32:17 am »
The king of wheel hop AND torque steer was my 2002 Nissan Altima with the 3.5 liter VQ engine, which had 240 hp then, and a 5 speed manual. Even for moderate launches one had to hold the steering wheel with a muscular grip :o

The GTI and GLI are optimized for the DSG transmission with launch control which puts the power down with no drama, no wheel hop.

I have not been looking for the new Civic at all but the other day while driving I saw a vehicle from the rear and I thought it looked nice. Pulling up to it I realized that it was the new Civic, Touring trim. Pictures do not do justice to the proportions. Nice looking car, much better than the boy racer older model.

The old Civic hatch was a wretched assault on the eyes but I thought the sedan looked fine.  I may have seen a new Civic on the road and simply mistaken it for an Accord.  They are so close in style and size now, it's hard to tell while rolling.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Accord is only 8" longer than the Civic.

Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2021, 11:19:13 am »
Nuts and bolts of the new 1.5t Civic (speedkar99)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FX_V97TdDM
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2022, 02:10:53 pm »
The next Civic Type R picture seems to have been leaked about a week early.  https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40601621/2023-honda-civic-type-r-leak/

Next week we will see the full reveal and hopefully the specs.  You know it'll be very boy racer, but will it be better or worse than the last generation, not that it matters they will sell a bunch.

Something else that I have heard is that Canada will get less than 600 total for the entire production run, not just first year, but all the years of this generation total.  Only dealers that sold multiple per year of the previous generation will have allocation and even then it'll only be a couple per year.  I'm hoping that's just a rumor and production isn't that limited.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2022, 08:02:19 am »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2022, 08:28:43 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCyoXBHgRe4&ab_channel=KelleyBlueBook

2023 Honda Civic Type R, First looksee.
That exhaust not is weak sauce.  Why can't Honda produce a Type R that sounds as good as the Hyundai N's?  Sad, but I guess it's likely also function over form.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2022, 12:29:04 pm »

That exhaust not is weak sauce.  Why can't Honda produce a Type R that sounds as good as the Hyundai N's?  Sad, but I guess it's likely also function over form.

I thought sound like one of Honda's Motorbikes. I found the whole car little underwhelming. Considering the hype surrounding it. It seems a little too safe, after all it is a boy racer machine.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2022, 12:45:48 pm »

I thought sound like one of Honda's Motorbikes. I found the whole car little underwhelming. Considering the hype surrounding it. It seems a little too safe, after all it is a boy racer machine.
Underwhelming in what sense?  That they made an already more mature Civic a more mature Type R, I think that was to be expected.  We have no idea what the performance will be, we just know it'll be better than the last generation and that one was a freaking rocket on the road (for hot hatches that is).

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2022, 03:16:44 pm »

Underwhelming in what sense?  That they made an already more mature Civic a more mature Type R, I think that was to be expected.  We have no idea what the performance will be, we just know it'll be better than the last generation and that one was a freaking rocket on the road (for hot hatches that is).

Basically, the Civic has become middle age. I think it should be a stupidly loud colour, with a stupidly big spoiler and valance, with stupidly loud exhaust. Since you asked. My Sister, Type R, has a least 2 of those features.  In diamond white though.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2022, 04:38:34 pm »

Basically, the Civic has become middle age. I think it should be a stupidly loud colour, with a stupidly big spoiler and valance, with stupidly loud exhaust. Since you asked. My Sister, Type R, has a least 2 of those features.  In diamond white though.
Maybe, and this is just a theory, Honda made it more grown up because the people who can actually afford them tend to be out of their teens and 20’s.  They did get dragged through the coals for years with how bad the last generation looked.