Author Topic: 2022 Honda Civic  (Read 64995 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: 2022 Honda Civic
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 07:52:44 pm »
I like the dash . It looks uncluttered and could give you the illusion that the interior is bigger than it actually is. In a way it reminds me of the dash in my 78 civic, more modern of course.

The dash on my '82 Civic was a great one.  Mine was in much better condition, however.   :rofl2:

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 12:30:53 pm »
Here it is.

I love the simple interior.

This kind reminded of a Jetta?!...

Regardless, if Honda doesn’t transform the Civic brand in a CUV....it will die in the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 12:48:34 pm »
I'm willing to bet the Civic and the Corolla will be the last two small cars left once all others are gone in favour of CUV's

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 02:07:13 pm »
^^

HRV is the Civic CUV.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »
^^

HRV is the Civic CUV.

actually the HR-V is built on the Fit platform, the CR-V uses the Civic platform.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 02:22:06 pm »
I'm willing to bet the Civic and the Corolla will be the last two small cars left once all others are gone in favour of CUV's
Toyota is quickly moving the Corolla brand to become a CUV - the Corolla Cross, which I bet will replace the sedan.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 02:32:02 pm »
actually the HR-V is built on the Fit platform, the CR-V uses the Civic platform.

That's irrelevant to buyers seeking low cost vehicles.  Making the HRV in the same plant using the same "platform" in Mexico was a manufacturing decision.  The HRV was developed to give Civic size lookers a Honda option into something similarly priced and sized.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 02:38:59 pm »
Toyota is quickly moving the Corolla brand to become a CUV - the Corolla Cross, which I bet will replace the sedan.

Then that's a bet you're going to lose.  The Corolla Hatch might not last.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 02:46:40 pm »

Would make sense, Corolla/Civic sales are not changing that much. Same thing with the Camry

Smaller overall pie but less slices as other makers bale

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2020, 02:57:30 pm »
Don't see the Koreans walking away from the segment.  The reason that the D3 left the segment is that their product was always substandard.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
2022 Honda Civic
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 02:59:28 pm »

Would make sense, Corolla/Civic sales are not changing that much. Same thing with the Camry

Smaller overall pie but less slices as other makers bale
I am waiting to see the year balance but so far Q3 (US) brought in a 30% decline for the Corolla, 25% for the Civic and 5% for the Camry...

In an interesting twist Toyota sold more Highlanders than Corollas....

In Canada things were not much better - Civic took a 13.8% hit and Corolla a 12.8% hit...

Also interesting (and confirms Toyota Côté the approach to move the Corolla brand to the CUV space), Hyundai delivered almost as many Konas as Toyota sold Corollas - an increase of 56% in sales for the Kona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ok

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 03:02:23 pm »
 :iagree:

All of their cars were mostly crap. Especially GM - every single time it seems they said "there, that will do" and left it. Such uninspiring mediocrity.

The Koreans, OTOH, are killing it in every segment they continue to be in. Especially their CUVs and SUVs. Their model caters to the new car sale, a vehicle for "now" and sales proves it.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 07:17:55 pm »

All of their cars were mostly crap. Especially GM - every single time it seems they said "there, that will do" and left it. Such uninspiring mediocrity.

The Koreans, OTOH, are killing it in every segment they continue to be in. Especially their CUVs and SUVs. Their model caters to the new car sale, a vehicle for "now" and sales proves it.
Subprime financing sure helps...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 07:25:00 pm »
Also interesting (and confirms Toyota Côté the approach to move the Corolla brand to the CUV space), Hyundai delivered almost as many Konas as Toyota sold Corollas - an increase of 56% in sales for the Kona.

???

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 08:20:19 pm »
Subprime financing sure helps...
i'm sure it plays a factor, but most brands have really low rates nowadays as well.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2020, 02:43:07 pm »
Why they ruin that face??? I'm missing old classic Civic front.

What?  This one?

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2020, 03:28:10 pm »

Indeed. The only problem with the Korean cars now is depreciation. The resale is horrid.
the resale may be lower, but only lower than the typical leaders like Honda, Toyota and Subaru...as well, due to their low finance rates, their overall purchase costs are much lower as well, likely reducing that delta somewhat...my colleague just bought a new Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium...sure, lower resale than a RAV4 hybrid, but you have to wait 4 months (or more) for one of those and the finance rate is 0% for 72 months (Toyota is almost 7%)...so while the Toyota will be worth thousands more when you sell it, you paid thousands more for it in the first place.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 04:13:02 pm »

Indeed. The only problem with the Korean cars now is depreciation. The resale is horrid.
the resale may be lower, but only lower than the typical leaders like Honda, Toyota and Subaru...as well, due to their low finance rates, their overall purchase costs are much lower as well, likely reducing that delta somewhat...my colleague just bought a new Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium...sure, lower resale than a RAV4 hybrid, but you have to wait 4 months (or more) for one of those and the finance rate is 0% for 72 months (Toyota is almost 7%)...so while the Toyota will be worth thousands more when you sell it, you paid thousands more for it in the first place.

But only if you financed it.
true, but that's how most cars are purchased...he also got Ford A plan pricing and they have a couple on the lot, so he still got a good deal off MSRP and picks the car up on Monday...IIRC, the hybrid components are the same design as Toyota with the difference being the rear axle is connected via driveshaft vs using a separate rear motor.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 07:32:08 pm »

But only if you financed it.
true, but that's how most cars are purchased...he also got Ford A plan pricing and they have a couple on the lot, so he still got a good deal off MSRP and picks the car up on Monday...IIRC, the hybrid components are the same design as Toyota with the difference being the rear axle is connected via driveshaft vs using a separate rear motor.
Yeah in other words - one has a useless AWD, the other has a real AWD system...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:21 pm »
lower resale than a RAV4 hybrid, but you have to wait 4 months (or more) for one of those and the finance rate is 0% for 72 months (Toyota is almost 7%

Let's not get too carried away.  ;D  The finance rate is 5%.  But point taken.  Not doing the math on this but the cost between 0% and 5% over 5 years is substantial on a 40K-50K unit tax in.  And, YES, essentially all new vehicles are financed.  Even at 2%, one can earn more after tax in a Canadian Bank stock.  More if they have TFSA room.