Author Topic: New M3/M4  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
New M3/M4
« on: September 22, 2020, 11:02:53 am »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFaxw5uBj4C/

Hideous.

Front looks like a beaver, rear looks like a Kia.

It's a no from me, I'm out!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: New M3/M4
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 11:12:50 am »
good god no...

BMW...what happened to you?

Still would consider an E46 M3 myself, but all other later BMWs...no thanks.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 11:14:09 am »
LOL.  I needed a good laugh right now.  How the :censor: did that grille/front end design make it through several design teams/committees and actually end up on a production vehicle? 

I'm literally laughing my ass off over here. 

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:31 am »
Seriously ugly.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:20:10 am »
LOL.  I needed a good laugh right now.  How the :censor: did that grille/front end design make it through several design teams/committees and actually end up on a production vehicle? 

It is BMW, they have a history of doing this. Bangle butt anyone?

Honestly, the trend of AGGRESSIVE is getting way too much, I hope the counter-style of simplicity takes hold soon.

Watch, the designers will defend the design endlessly...until they will refresh this look in a year or two to tone it down.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 11:28:34 am »
I'll take the Isle of Man green M3 with brown interior...RWD and manual, please and thank you.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 11:29:04 am »
:banghead:

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 11:31:58 am »

Oh, I remember.  At least those cars had a sort of understated class to them.  This?  Not so much.  I'm speaking of the front end here.  The back isn't too bad.  So what if it looks like a Kia?  Kia's don't look especially bad these days.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 11:50:16 am »

Oh, I remember.  At least those cars had a sort of understated class to them.  This?  Not so much.  I'm speaking of the front end here.  The back isn't too bad.  So what if it looks like a Kia?  Kia's don't look especially bad these days.
regardless if a KIA looks good these days, the fact that about 10 other sedans can be confused for it from behind is a sign of staid and unimaginative styling these days. Especially guilty are the luxury brands. No way in hell should a Maserati or a Bimmer EVER be confused with a KIA. Ever. That is just sad.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:31 am »

regardless if a KIA looks good these days, the fact that about 10 other sedans can be confused for it from behind is a sign of staid and unimaginative styling these days. Especially guilty are the luxury brands. No way in hell should a Maserati or a Bimmer EVER be confused with a KIA. Ever. That is just sad.

Well, they went out on a ledge and tried to make their front end distinctive, and look what happened.  So, what's worse?  Having your rear end look generic, or having your front end look like Bugs Bunny?

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 12:05:19 pm »

Well, they went out on a ledge and tried to make their front end distinctive, and look what happened.  So, what's worse?  Having your rear end look generic, or having your front end look like Bugs Bunny?
it doesn't have to be either/or does it? You can have distinctive style and not look like a beaver on bath salts...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 12:06:03 pm »
I'll take the Isle of Man green M3 with brown interior...RWD and manual, please and thank you.

Yup.

And the rear of the M3 looks way better than the M4.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 12:07:29 pm »
looks like it is giving birth to its rear diffuser though  :-X

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 12:39:49 pm »

I'm not sure, but I feel like previous 3/4 series, the design of the rear was just so good, and this is just so so.  A went past a new 3/4 series on the highway the other day, and honestly didn't even know it was a BMW until I really looked.

Now THIS is good design.

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350, 2024 Mazda CX90
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 01:23:09 pm »
^^I was going to post a picture from the same model year. The one in the OP is brutal.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 05:49:04 pm »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 05:55:34 pm »
Christ thats ugly

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2020, 10:58:59 am »
You know I could live with the styling if they offered the AWD with a manual.  Would make a pretty great year round performance vehicle.  But as it is I'd probably spend my money on a Merc C class AMG instead.  Much better looking vehicle overall.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 11:06:47 am »
You know I could live with the styling if they offered the AWD with a manual.  Would make a pretty great year round performance vehicle.  But as it is I'd probably spend my money on a Merc C class AMG instead.  Much better looking vehicle overall.
I would not be able to get past the looks. If I am spending that much on a car, I want to be able to look at it with pride, not with a churning stomach.  :hurl:

AWD with a manual would be excellent for year-round driving, but would not be a deal breaker for me. The looks, OTOH, are. Nope.

You are right, a Merc is a much better choice, even if it doesn't come with a manual...

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 11:27:02 am »
If this comes in a AWD touring I'll buy one in 5 years. Book it.

Enjoy your move to the UK!