Author Topic: Scary MotoGP Moment with video  (Read 1534 times)

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Scary MotoGP Moment with video
« on: August 16, 2020, 06:03:40 pm »
 I didn't start a MotoGP thread this year because I'm the only guy who seems to watch the best top tier racing series on the planet...

But today, there was such a close call. In the section of the Red Bull Ring where they top out at 310km/h then brake to 50 km/h, two bikes came together at roughly 300. The bikes kept going and flew across the track sans rider.

Somehow, impossibly, the bikes jusssst missed Vinales and Rossi. Had either been hit, it likely would have been the worst outcome. Somehow the bikes just missed either. I mean..if either are a tenth of a second slower/faster, they are in serious trouble.

Check out the crazy video...

https://youtu.be/JFaqXoD9j8w
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Scary MotoGP Moment with video
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 06:36:42 pm »
I was just looking for that video.  MotoGP pulls them off  youtube pretty quickly.

Crazy lucky Rossi
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 06:47:25 pm »
I was just looking for that video.  MotoGP pulls them off  youtube pretty quickly.

Crazy lucky Rossi
Vinales too!

Zarco made a stupid move...went wide, and not wanting to cede position to Morbidelli, cut in front of him. Morbidelli got pulled in the slipstream and zero time to brake.

This could have been disaster..

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 08:08:28 pm »
man that was close...like literally inches away from disastrous.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 10:30:00 pm »
That's insane.   :o
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline John

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +31/-709
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 05:10:03 am »
I didn't start a MotoGP thread this year because I'm the only guy who seems to watch the best top tier racing series on the planet...

But today, there was such a close call. In the section of the Red Bull Ring where they top out at 310km/h then brake to 50 km/h, two bikes came together at roughly 300. The bikes kept going and flew across the track sans rider.

Somehow, impossibly, the bikes jusssst missed Vinales and Rossi. Had either been hit, it likely would have been the worst outcome. Somehow the bikes just missed either. I mean..if either are a tenth of a second slower/faster, they are in serious trouble.

https://youtu.be/JFaqXoD9j8w

I went to the video but there is a message:  "This is a private video. Please sign in to verify that you may see it."  I didn't bother signing in.  I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing.

What is so secret about it?

Offline ianmcc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 07:11:03 am »

I went to the video but there is a message:  "This is a private video. Please sign in to verify that you may see it."  I didn't bother signing in.  I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing.

Another video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEW5EwHl08

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 03:04:14 pm »

Beats me!

Works for me with no sign in....

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 06:29:21 pm »

Bounce bounce wobble wobble https://www.instagram.com/p/CGb_4VFs9G5/?igshid=y2mg3dzu20mq
Quartararo had a pretty hard spill during FP3 this weekend. Had to go to medical center at the track

https://youtu.be/av-esX_EXEA

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 06:54:36 pm »
ouch
Yea, he was already a bit stiff (hip) from a high speed low side the day before..

But he dug deep and ended up on pole on Sat.

https://youtu.be/4_ntrS6hpcI