Author Topic: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Returns with 480-HP V8  (Read 2522 times)

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +315/-525
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Returns with 480-HP V8
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a22625274/tesla-model-3-performance-track-test/

A new Mustang GT with Performance Package 2 will start to overheat its differential after a handful of laps at a typical circuit. Ford figures if you wanted a track car, you'd have gone with the GT350.

Let's be honest. This isn't a "track car." It's not meant to compete with the Camaro ZL1 1LE, Mustang Shelby GT350R or the dearly-departed Dodge Viper ACR. If you're buying a four-door sedan, even a righteously quick one, you're probably not planning on chasing apexes and torturing tires with it every weekend.

In that context, the Tesla Model 3 Performance does a realistic job of delivering impressive numbers and unbeatable feel. It's quick, it's tossable, and unlike everything your garage buddies told you, it won't melt at the mere whisper of a full-speed lap. It's a compelling argument for feelsome, charming electric cars.

the world's first electric sport sedan with bona fide race track chops. That's important for electric car technology, for motorsports culture, and for the future of the automotive hobby as a whole.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 02:15:22 pm »
Would rather the Mustang, any day of the week. No question. And I am not even a fan of the Mustang.

The Tesla could print money and travel through time, and I STILL WOULD NOT GET ONE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Never have I seen a product's image so comprehensively sabotaged by the very users who proselytize their godliness.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 04:33:39 pm »
Raise your hand if you cross-shop a Mustang Mach 1 and Model 3 Performance.

I am waiting.

Would rather the Mustang, any day of the week. No question. And I am not even a fan of the Mustang.

The Tesla could print money and travel through time, and I STILL WOULD NOT GET ONE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Never have I seen a product's image so comprehensively sabotaged by the very users who proselytize their godliness.

Oh absolutely. I find that car community is a big part of it.

I don't have anything against EV but yeah, I wouldn't buy a Tesla just because of the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBdA_A8ykQ

On this episode of Tire Rack's Hot Lap brought to you by Tire Rack, driver extraordinaire Randy Pobst goes behind the wheel of the Tesla Model 3 Performance equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. How does it hold up around the track? Watch how it performs right here!

More high praise from performance car reviewer...
Seems like it's a trend or something, it's almost as if Tesla makes excellent performance cars...

Well, he still thinks that V8s make about 300 BHP nowadays or something like that, and the Mach 1 is somehow the best Ford can do.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:36:21 pm by UnknownJinX »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 04:40:13 pm »
Raise your hand if you cross-shop a Mustang Mach 1 and Model 3 Performance.

I am waiting.

Oh absolutely. I find that car community is a big part of it.

I don't have anything against EV but yeah, I wouldn't buy a Tesla just because of the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBdA_A8ykQ

On this episode of Tire Rack's Hot Lap brought to you by Tire Rack, driver extraordinaire Randy Pobst goes behind the wheel of the Tesla Model 3 Performance equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. How does it hold up around the track? Watch how it performs right here!

More high praise from performance car reviewer...
Seems like it's a trend or something, it's almost as if Tesla makes excellent performance cars...

Well, he still thinks that V8s make about 300 BHP nowadays or something like that, and the Mach 1 is somehow the best Ford can do.

Thats the thing, I don't see these cars being remotely in a buyers radar, a two door, V8 muscle/pony car and a battery powered sedan......like how do you think someone is going to come up as those as their final choices!?!?! As for their community, yeah, I agree, holy toxic batman. I think most cults would call them a bit hardcore.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 05:25:23 pm »
Look. The guy either has issues or he’s trolling to report about us to his Tesla friends. Either way we should ignore him. It’s well beyond the point of useful discourse.
Yeah, he is the second person I have blocked. He now joins NormT on my shitlist.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 06:51:08 pm »
CSH is a good example of a "normal" Tesla owner.  Digs the car, but understands the limitations and is open to discourse/discussion about the car, warts and all. 

Whereas SE is part of the Cult of Tesla and worships at the altar of St. Elon.

Big, big difference.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 08:44:50 pm »
For me the thing is I actually really like electric cars and can see us getting one in the next purchase cycle. But guys like him turn me off it so hard.

I'm not against them either.

Have been looking at Prius Primes for our family runabout...Still want a GS450h...but the Prime has some appeal to me.