Author Topic: 2011 Toyota Camry LE  (Read 14674 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
2011 Toyota Camry LE
« on: April 25, 2020, 02:49:06 pm »
Well as of Wednesday I'm going to take delivery of Toyota Camry. It wasn't easy to find a car during a pandemic that is for sure, using an ebike for looking too. But I think I got a good deal, being realistic of course that in 6 months, this might not be so, But I won't care then. I paid 10,000, all in, for a 2011 Toyota Camry LE, mint condition, like seriously almost perfect, accept for 2 supermarket bashes, fixed, and a Stone chip on the bottom of valance. It's done 83,000 Clicks. It has the pretty decent 2.5 liter engine, with a 6 speed transmission. I didn't want the V6 either. The 2010 and 11's only had this set up. It is in a confusing color. It's says green on the paper work. But I think it is blue. I take a few more pics when it arrives sometime on mid-week.  This is my favorite style of Camry. I think it's nice appliance.... :P

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:49:58 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: 2011 Toyota Camry LE
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 02:52:08 pm »
Congratulations.  The very best appliance. 

$10k seems fair for the mileage and condition.  Plus it looks like it came from a Toyota dealership, you have to expect to pay a little bit of premium (for some reason).  The upside is that new car dealerships usually don't keep crap on their lots.  They'll cherry pick the best of the trades they bring in, and then send the rest to auction. 

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 03:14:13 pm »

$10k seems fair for the mileage and condition.  Plus it looks like it came from a Toyota dealership, you have to expect to pay a little bit of premium (for some reason).  The upside is that new car dealerships usually don't keep crap on their lots.  They'll cherry pick the best of the trades they bring in, and then send the rest to auction.

I really couldn't buy it any other way. because of the pandemic, nothing was hardly open, this was painless process, it is a CPO car too, comes with lot of perks. lifetime brakes pads. I've being taken my Echo there for years. They have always been good and I thought the price was low for make and year, almost private resell prices.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:16:29 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 03:15:06 pm »

^^...you'll usually pay a bit more for a used car from the dealer, but they only keep the best specimens around, especially if it's older than 5 years old.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 03:23:19 pm »

^^...you'll usually pay a bit more for a used car from the dealer, but they only keep the best specimens around, especially if it's older than 5 years old.

I thought it was decent price, I did a quick auto trader search and seemed pretty close to private, 07,08,09 are a lot cheaper. but they have some issue. and you can can get some higher millage ones for around 7,000, same year, dealer and private.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 03:26:33 pm »
Looks nice,
I would thought the old car and that mileage would be to high for a CPO

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 03:31:09 pm »
6-speed? So, it's a manual?  :thumbup:

I think the manual and the 4-cyl is the perfect choice for that car. Should be an enjoyable drive that is economical to run and lasts forever. Love the blue/green colour, too!  ;)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 03:33:50 pm »

I think the manual and the 4-cyl is the perfect choice for that car. Should be an enjoyable drive that is economical to run and lasts forever. Love the blue/green colour, too!  ;)

No, It is 6 speed automatic, The 07's-09's, came with the 5 speed. Yes, I wish was a manual, sadly not. I agree with you on the colour, it was the colour that sold it to me, much better than grey, silver of the masses....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:37:07 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 03:40:30 pm »

No, It is 6 speed automatic, The 07's-09's, came with the 5 speed. Yes, I wish was a manual, sadly not. I agree with you on the colour, it was the colour that sold it to me, much better than grey, silver of the masses....

I kid you not it's called Aloe Green Metallic  8)

Congrats and happy motoring!
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 03:43:30 pm »

Cheers. It's Blue....Lol. The colour is confusing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:48:46 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 03:48:00 pm »

Cheers. It's Blue....Lol. The colour is confusing.  ;D

I know, I would call it a Pacific blue wave or something. Once I was talking to a sales guy at toyota and we were discussing a Highlander. To my question "what colour is it?" he replied it was a f-d up green  :rofl2:

Are you planning to get alloy wheels for summer?

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 03:53:06 pm »

Cheers. It's Blue....Lol. The colour is confusing.  ;D

I know, I would call it a Pacific blue wave or something. Once I was talking to a sales guy at toyota and we were discussing a Highlander. To my question "what colour is it?" he replied it was a f-d up blue  :rofl2:

Are you planning to get alloy wheels for summer?

Yes, It is like an interior decorator coming over to your house and painting it brown, while try to convince you it's orange tang. The Honda Civic, I had in Galaxy Grey was the same. It looked brown. I've spend to much already this year....I see what the breakers have. because I'm going rubber mat hunting anyways. They are normally a good start.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:55:38 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:17 pm »

That is literally what I said...

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »
Looks nice,
I would thought the old car and that mileage would be to high for a CPO

Thanks, used Cars are expensive. 6 grand, you get nothing, but 13 year old Japanese cars. Newer, higher millage or crashed are cheaper,  This is about average for 10K including taxes, now days for a used car, you can get Mazda, in the thirteens for a good one and Toyota Corolla's. Kia, Hyundai are much newer, that price range. I'm sure if the ebike would have made it, I might have done better in Toronto.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 06:56:33 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 06:54:38 pm »
Excellent choice.  Quite literally could last you the next 20 years without much issue.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 06:59:29 pm »
Excellent choice.  Quite literally could last you the next 20 years without much issue.

Ten would be good. 20 would be amazing. Thanks...I think it be 10 years, and then electric by then anyways. Echo lasted 9 years.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 07:12:40 pm »
Nice buy!  Shouldn't have any problem getting 10 trouble free years out of it!   :thumbup: 

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 07:40:48 pm »
10 year old, 4 cylinder Camry's are $10k? FML I need to readjust my thinking. You could be a 2010 S class for that couldn't you? It may not run though lol.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2020, 09:04:49 pm »
Nice buy!  Shouldn't have any problem getting 10 trouble free years out of it!   :thumbup:

Thanks.  ;D

10 year old, 4 cylinder Camry's are $10k? FML I need to readjust my thinking. You could be a 2010 S class for that couldn't you? It may not run though lol.

Used cars are really expensive now, cars today are not like the 80's, where, back then, cars were mostly cream cracked after 7 years.

Offline kings10

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +15/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2005 Lexus RX330, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Hyundai Sonata
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2020, 11:57:55 pm »
We had a '07 in the same colour and trim.  I'm perplexed by the confusion about the colour.  I always thought that it was clearly green.  My colour-blind son thinks the pics are of a grey/green car, but not blue.

I really liked our car.  Smooth, comfortable and economical.  I thought it was a good looking car too.  Bought it in 2010 and only had one problem with it until the time it was totaled in 2017.  Unfortunately, that problem was the oil consumption problem with its 2.4L engine that caused it to burn about 3 or 4 litres between oil changes.  Toyota fixed it under warranty (in 2016!), so basically a new engine on a nine year old car.  Wife was bummed because it probably could have went another five years easily.
"Failure is never quite so frightening as regret." - The Dish