Author Topic: Tire Suggestions, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible  (Read 12117 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Tire Suggestions, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 11:26:47 am »
Apart from some possible bead damage or wear when mounting and unmounting, there is also the cost.   It's over $100 to mount and balance now at most places.  Twice a year will add up.

How about buying another set of 18" take-offs with appropriate rubber already on them?   
Mr Pickypants

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 12:57:13 pm »
comfy all seasons for a performance vehicle? Michelin AS3+ would be my bet. They are supposed to stick as good as a summer in the dry, and can handle cold better.

I have AS3+ on my GTI and like them, but I don’t know that I’d call them comfy. They’re a true performance tire, IMO. They actually seem to have a stiffer sidewall than the max performance summer tires I had on previously (Conti ExtremeContact DW.)

I’d recommend them to someone looking for 3-season performance, but probably not to someone whose priority is comfort.
I have the older AS2's on my 1 series and I love them. Excellent handling in both dry and wet, quiet and the stiffness is fine in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 03:56:33 pm »
Apart from some possible bead damage or wear when mounting and unmounting, there is also the cost.   It's over $100 to mount and balance now at most places.  Twice a year will add up.

How about buying another set of 18" take-offs with appropriate rubber already on them?

That's true about the cost....I was also thinking 'change over season' is usually jammed at my local Midas LOL.

I think I found a nice set of used 18" alloys similar to the OE 19"ers for $400 that seem to be the right dimensions.  Plasti-dip them and we're halfway there. 

The 18" tires are $50+ less expensive each than the 19's too. 
Fortune favours the bold!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 04:42:49 pm »
If you are able to swap them yourself then having rims makes sense.

But if you're paying for it anyway it would take about 4-5 years to break even.

I definitely prefer having two sets of rims, mostly because getting them swapped at peak times is a huge pain.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:56 pm »
Pirelli P7 All Season Plus.