Author Topic: Missing Persons  (Read 241364 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Missing Persons
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2022, 05:02:48 pm »
Also, speaking of missing persons... Solstice2006? I can't remember his name now for some reason - the guy who's a house-husband with a seasonal lawn-care business?

Last active May 25, 2021

He, like many of us, was an annoying know it all sometimes, but I do miss having him around. Sucks to see valued members around here leaving/being driven out for whatever reason.

He had a huge crush on Firm, too.  :)

No one's been driven out, get a grip man.  :rofl2:
Disagree... people have enough of the BS on here & walk away.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

It's OK to disagree.

Dude, you posted a questionable joke, which got called out as sexist, by a woman, and then you immediately claimed 'cancel culture' and told her not to read it!  :rofl2:

Vman got mad, partially about a comment I made just to wind up John, and then accused me of politicizing the pandemic, which is ridiculous.

I figured everyone was manly enough to put up with some banter, everyone's getting way too uptight on here, and yes, there is a lot of BS.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:21:21 pm by Triple Bob »

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2022, 05:43:41 pm »
Also, speaking of missing persons... Solstice2006? I can't remember his name now for some reason - the guy who's a house-husband with a seasonal lawn-care business?

Last active May 25, 2021

He, like many of us, was an annoying know it all sometimes, but I do miss having him around. Sucks to see valued members around here leaving/being driven out for whatever reason.

It's OK to disagree.

Dude, you posted a questionable joke, which got called out as sexist, by a woman, and then you immediately claimed 'cancel culture' and told her not to read it!  :rofl2:

Vman got mad, partially about a comment I made just to wind up John, and then accused me of politicizing the pandemic, which is ridiculous.

I figured everyone was manly enough to put up with some banter, everyone's getting way too uptight on here, and yes, there is a lot of BS.

"manly enough"....that's sexist  :rofl2:

Seriously though, the friendly banter crosses the line when it transitions from a well mannered debate on a difference of opinions to a full on personal attack, which has happened way too many times in here lately.

I am very thick skinned, so I am not personally bothered by it (in fact, in my mind it's just a reflection of the aggressors character), but a lot of people are, and I am sure it's been a contributing factor to a lot of decisions to leave.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2022, 05:58:50 pm »

Last active May 25, 2021

It's OK to disagree.

Some people handle it better than others... I got called a dinosaur & a few other things, but it is whatever it is. People are brave behind a keyboard, I try to stick with what I'd tell someone face to face. So if I call you an swerver on here, I'd have no issue saying it to your face, even if that means I get punched in the face :rofl:

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2022, 06:27:44 pm »

Last active May 25, 2021

Disagree too.

Have been told by more than 1 person they left because of a person and their BS/bullying.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2022, 07:27:15 pm »

Last active May 25, 2021

Yeah I've heard firsthand recently of a couple of members that had enough of a certain other member and just walked away to reduce the stress in their life. You and I aren't likely to take anything on here seriously enough to get legitimately offended, but not everyone's the same...
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2022, 07:40:32 pm »
In the many years I have been on this forum I have seen nothing that would cause me to walk away, nor have I ever felt I needed to set ignore on anyone. 
This is not to suggest that some people haven't set me to be ignored or whatever and many have disagreed with some position or some post.   That is OK.

Freedom of speech is a good thing.   I REALLY Object to people with strong views being cancelled.
 The young woman, junior lecturer at an Ontario Uni ( McMaster?) who was essentially fired because her lecture content upset someone.  Jordan Peterson...you can disagree with him without cancelling him.   Those lectures by Jewish/Israeli people at York where a group of students set of the fire alarms and killed the lecture. Many other examples.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2022, 07:59:21 pm »
In the many years I have been on this forum I have seen nothing that would cause me to walk away, nor have I ever felt I needed to set ignore on anyone. 
This is not to suggest that some people haven't set me to be ignored or whatever and many have disagreed with some position or some post.   That is OK.

Freedom of speech is a good thing.   I REALLY Object to people with strong views being cancelled.
 The young woman, junior lecturer at an Ontario Uni ( McMaster?) who was essentially fired because her lecture content upset someone.  Jordan Peterson...you can disagree with him without cancelling him.   Those lectures by Jewish/Israeli people at York where a group of students set of the fire alarms and killed the lecture. Many other examples.

^ I agree. 

Besides, social media is not the greatest medium for properly articulating ones thoughts and some comments can easily get taken the wrong way.  Some topics will cause heated discussions just by their nature so almost to be expected to a certain extent.  This forum is actually the most civil I've been on over the many years of being online. I still have a couple of other forums i frequent but mostly for work related stuff.  I don't go on facebook or any other mass social media so that helps keep the noise down.  My wife keep contacts with any friends were have on fb. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:01:10 pm by KD »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2022, 08:11:33 pm »

Last active May 25, 2021

It's OK to disagree.

"manly enough"....that's sexist  :rofl2:

Seriously though, the friendly banter crosses the line when it transitions from a well mannered debate on a difference of opinions to a full on personal attack, which has happened way too many times in here lately.

100% agree on the personal attacks.

Disagree too.

Have been told by more than 1 person they left because of a person and their BS/bullying.

That's ironic considering the battering you would give Barrie on a daily basis, poor guy.

P.S. I recently set a couple of members on ignore, life changing!  :rofl2:  Wish I had done it ages ago!!  ;D

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2022, 08:42:33 pm »
That's ironic considering the battering you would give Barrie on a daily basis, poor guy.

Barrie gave as good as he got.    He loved it, particularly after midnight.   :)

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2022, 09:02:04 pm »

100%. How can you grow your mind and your perspective if you only allow yourself to be exposed to ideas you agree with? You can't.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2022, 09:26:41 pm »
Where’s Norm?

This forum beat on Norm like no other.  Probably heading to DC in a Buick freedom convoy.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2022, 09:34:44 pm »
Where’s Norm?

This forum beat on Norm like no other.  Probably heading to DC in a Buick freedom convoy.

:rofl2:

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2022, 10:05:20 pm »

100%. How can you grow your mind and your perspective if you only allow yourself to be exposed to ideas you agree with? You can't.

Yes but there are a couple of instigators on these forums that are quick to call you an idiot for not agreeing with their points of view.

We all know who they are, of course.

Honestly, I feel like I'm out of the loop a bit because I stay out of the politics sections...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2022, 10:12:36 pm »

Yes but there are a couple of instigators on these forums that are quick to call you an idiot for not agreeing with their points of view.

We all know who they are, of course.

:iagree:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2022, 10:14:15 pm »

You do know a great many of us retain relationships with forum members outside the forum, right?

Barrie was one such member. I'd let him know every time I'd be at the track (it was in his neighborhood) and he'd show up every time and we'd hang out.

But we sure did break each other's balls on the forum!

I "talk" to several forum members frequently outside the forum via text messages.

This isn't remotely close to people leaving the forum because of others.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »
Where’s Norm?

Didn't Brig ban him ?
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2022, 01:19:38 pm »
It appears Cadure has now checked out…
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2022, 02:05:54 pm »
It appears Cadure has now checked out…
Yeah, last week...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12405
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2022, 02:36:48 pm »
Where’s Norm?

Didn't Brig ban him ?

Dude got banned under more than one identity.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2022, 05:21:36 pm »
When did Jaeger leave?

Oh hey, didn't see you there.